Sponsored

Buying from another dealer and servicing at local dealer?

Do you expect a different quality of local service on a Bronco purchased from another dealership?

• Total voters

Mark6G

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ, 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After buying a Jeep, over a decade ago now, that turned out to be a lemon I did have to deal with sales and service to get it resolved. Ultimately, it was a new vehicle that sales got for me. How would this work in the off chance that we get a lemon but bought out of state?

My experience with service departments is the same as people are saying. They don't much care where you bought it other than you don't get the perks like a free loaner or oil change.
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well my 2 cents not that it matters. Bought from dealer that gave me the best deal. Had a dealer closer to me do all service and oil changes! So had water leak on my F150. They fixed it but chipped up my paint. Went to see service manager about the chips in my paint where they were working . He said that they were there they didn't do them. So went to see the owner of course he wasn't in . He did call me back and discussed what happen. First ? out his mouth is where did you buy your truck?? Needless to say they said there not fixing can't prove they did it!! So i would say yes! Not the first dealer to ask me this. All ford dealers are privately owned ford has no control over them period! They pretty much can refuse you service! Owner told me there are plenty of other ford dealers go there!
I would bet they wouldn't have fixed it even if you had bought the truck there. They just used that as an excuse. Doesn't sound like a dealer you should take your vehicle for maintenance under any circumstances.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if I live here when I buy the Bronco then move , is the new service center going to treat me any different than if I had purchased it there ? No because they don't care and they run into that all the time . Now are there good service departments and not so good /less honest ones ? You Bet , but you have to sort through those issues no matter where yo have your vehicle serviced .

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
...I believe they have a code on the invoice...my invoice from the dealer service dept has "sold-stock 234789"..and they are short on loaner cars...so if you have to leave your vehicle for service...too bad..only for the loyal customers get the loaner,until things improve with trade in stock...(next spring or summer)

krawl on

Badlands
First Name
PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Service does not know, unless they check, where the vehicle was bought. Normally they don't even care. However, with the Bronco being so unique there is always a chance Service will check with Sales. But, still should not make a difference. Right?

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is a copy of a email my local dealer sent to me when we couldn't come to terms on my Bronco order. I think we're good. (y)

You may remember us, your General Managers at Preston's Boulevard Ford Lincoln. I know we couldn't work out getting your a vehicle the last time around, but we're still here to help with your vehicle service

Please give our Service Department a call at (302) 856-2561 to schedule an appointment or click here: http://www.boulevardfordlincoln.com/service-appointment/. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us directly at your convenience.

As always, at your service, Your Boulevard Ford Leadership
Your Boulevard Ford Lincoln General Managers:

- GEORGETOWN - Chad Todd - M (410) 829-2225
- LEWES - Mike Kelly M (240) 285-3286

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only issue I've ever encountered is the dealer not offering a loaner if i didn't buy it there

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m gonna change my own oil and do basic maintenance when I get my 2 door. Had too many issues at multiple dealerships and oil change places on my Subaru. For example forgetting to put on the oil fill cap and oil spraying everywhere, not filling up oil all the way to fill line and forgetting to fill washer fluid. Tired of checking their work.

For the 2.7 engine looks like you have to remove a small skid plate on the badlands to get to the oil drain plug. My guess is one of the techs will forget to install the skid or fail to tighten the bolts and the small skid plate falls off on the trail. So why worry every time you go in for Bronco oil change?

Don’t mean to scare anyone taking their Broncos in for service.
Sponsored