Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched my order from MOD>MIC>Soft as this fiasco evolved. I just wanted my truck. Shockingly I’m in love with the soft top now. When I see hard tops I think they look weird which is a total 180 from 6 months ago. I still plan to buy one down the road, but moral of the story, give the soft top a chance and you might love it.
Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jeep hard tops are close to $3k and have been around for many years. Used ones are around $1500 and readily available. Used Bronco hard tops will be rare for years and will fetch a premium as there are many people in your situation that will want one and be willing to pay

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I switched my order from MOD>MIC>Soft as this fiasco evolved. I just wanted my truck. Shockingly I’m in love with the soft top now. When I see hard tops I think they look weird which is a total 180 from 6 months ago. I still plan to buy one down the road, but moral of the story, give the soft top a chance and you might love it.
I decided to order a soft top because I fell in love with it after test driving. Nothing to do with the hard top fiasco. And I have only ever owned hard tops.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There may be some owners out there in a year or so that will be selling their MIC top so they may get a modular hardtop. So, there's that and maybe some aftermarket.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still suspect $3k might be too low. The recall parts came out and the cost for the 4 door insulated top and 2 side windows is over $4k dealer cost, I'd guess with a back window you'd be over 5k. Parts pricing is always speculation as logic and common sense isn't part of it, I've seen left door panels cost double what right door panels cost and I see no way they should be any different, so there's always a chance they'll lower it later, but usually recalls have the lowest price on parts since they're all for warranty and for pays 40% markup to the dealer so lowering dealer cost saves Ford money.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe it’s a 695$ option. Just because it’s 695 doesn’t mean that’s the price. That’s the difference added on top of the soft top price. So if the standard soft top price would be 1500 total price for mic would be 2295. I’ve heard rumors mic hardtop will be around 2k to buy after the fact when they become available but then you’ll have to add shipping on top of that. I believe they will be available later this year or early 2023. Just depends if they can keep up with the demand from the plant for new builds
I believe it will be close to $3k to $5K...we had to replace the soft top on our mannequin due to transportation damage and just the frame and top canvas part of top was almost $5k dealer cost through our parts department...I hope I am wrong and they find a way to sell them at a lesser cost but I know these tops are going to be expensive add "after the fact"

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep hard tops are close to $3k and have been around for many years. Used ones are around $1500 and readily available. Used Bronco hard tops will be rare for years and will fetch a premium as there are many people in your situation that will want one and be willing to pay
Newer Jeep hardtops are in plentiful supply. But, there is strong demand for Jeep TJ hard tops........15 years after the last TJ was built. Getting harder and harder to find those and they fetch $700-$1000.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is where patience pays off...some folks didn't settle for the flaccid top, many got scheduled and continue to do so. They will be enjoying their MIC topped Broncos in the next couple months.

As stated previously the top will be at minimum $2500-3000 and Ford has stated it won't be available until some time in 2023. I wouldn't be surprised if some 3rd party has one available before Ford does but it will probably cost even more.

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We've always had hard tops... Until I got my LJ a few years back. It's not too bad, but the wife wanted a hard top for the Bronco. Then we got to drive a few of the soft tops and she said they were not bad. So we intend to go soft then add the hard top later. I will watch the aftermarket and see if someone can get it right. There is a lot of chatter about them because of all the people that have switched to soft tops. The aftermarket manufacturers know the market will be there.

OP
OP

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m fine with paying 3 grand and waiting a year or so. If it costs more or takes longer, I’ll just order another 4 door with whatever changes we/she decides she likes or doesn’t and sell the one we have coming in. Shouldn’t be hard to part with. And yes, I didn’t factor in the hardtop only being a price change, not a total cost when swapped with a soft top.

as far as aftermarket options, it would have to be outstanding for me to get versus factory top

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is where patience pays off...some folks didn't settle for the flaccid top, many got scheduled and continue to do so. They will be enjoying their MIC topped Broncos in the next couple months.

As stated previously the top will be at minimum $2500-3000 and Ford has stated it won't be available until some time in 2023. I wouldn't be surprised if some 3rd party has one available before Ford does but it will probably cost even more.
Thank goodness I stuck with my original build. 2 door and hard top for the win! Soft top is ugly.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m just praying the aftermarket gets some made sooner than 2023

redstarn

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
just wondering what happens to all the hardtops that are being replaced ? Are they squashed ? Will these be resold ?
ok , mine is ok as of now !
Sponsored