Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meow...

A couple of things I have had to step away over the last couple of months to adjust my thinking on what is being communicated.

The whole al-la-cart thing. Several people have posted rightfully so that the concept of one off items is and has been rare in the automotive world for at least a decade. This is of course outside of some higher end brands. I remember reading an article when Alan Mulally (starting back in 2006) was rebuilding Ford and the option tier packages being levels of what customers primarily buy/want at that al-la-cart level as it vastly increases supply chain, production efficiency, and profit. That said...for a Bronco that is a new model no one knows what exact packages would be ordered but you have to start someplace (and probably based on some combo of Jeep option groups that others have mentioned align-ish).

Customer expectations. The phrase from Ford build and customize what you want for example to lead off from above. Ford is providing a starting point that you can option out if you want to pay them to do so but a chunk of that is with the expectation the buyer/customer/us/we/me will modify and there is no magic bullet other than what best fits as that starting point. What has been posted is a lot of sticker shock some valid as these are expensive and to be honest so is the competition...I think there is more value in the Bronco than a lot of its competitors. With that said checking every box for every option on a OBX-WildTrack and being shocked is a tad naive. There is always a balance of what you want, need, and afford with the last thing driving the other two. So much of our life is instant gratification and that costs in this product like all others or you can cut that by building as funds allow. No shame in buying base no option rig and driving it for years if that is all you can afford...see you on the road and trails.

Ford has dropped a few zingers and balls on this. So have we as fans/customers in our expectations of Ford and ourselves. This is just the starting point...at least for the next model year we are getting some changes to answer our expectations and in this environment with getting production even started much less 2nd model year updates is promising.
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still ordering for a MY21.

There are things I could see waiting for but I'm also lacking confidence in Ford and realize late delivery as a whole is a sign of the times. (Try remodeling a kitchen and getting certain appliances you want right now....my fridge isn't due in stock until April 2021.)

suspect some things 'planned' as late availability will change to even later availability as they are still catching up on MY21 builds and early MY22 builds and some things are still scarce..............or Ford changes it up and they become never available

A bronco in the hand is worth.......?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what happens if you don't order by 1/31 but you still plan on ordering? Do you get refunded your original reservation and have to reserve again for 2022?
Perhaps, @Granger Ford can clarify, but I don't think the reservation banks will be open. All reservations whether they are placed in July or Now, have a deadline of 1/31/21 to convert the reservation to an order. Any reservations not converted will be cancelled and refunded the $100.

Ford is focused on building all Bronco orders and then delivering dealer inventory. I'm sure you can speak with your dealer in 2022 and later to submit an order. But you should also expect to pay for the customization with ADM instead of buying off the lot.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps, @Granger Ford can clarify, but I don't think the reservation banks will be open. All reservations whether they are placed in July or Now, have a deadline of 1/31/21 to convert the reservation to an order. Any reservations not converted will be cancelled and refunded the $100.

Ford is focused on building all Bronco orders and then delivering dealer inventory. I'm sure you can speak with your dealer in 2022 and later to submit an order. But you should also expect to pay for the customization with ADM instead of buying off the lot.
All reservations will be either cancelled or ordered, there will be no hold onto reservations for 2022's...

We do not know what the landscape in 2022 will be for ordering...

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Relax everyone. Things will be fine. The 2022 price could go up. I’m 2021 all in. I want the first year back.

fatralphy

Outer Banks
First Name
Ralphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Posted in another thread already, but this is an email I got from dealership today.

"Just received information. As of a couple days ago Ford has about 140,000 Bronco reservations. Ford is only capable of producing about 70,000 for 2021. Any reservations made after September 20th will be 2022 models."

Sales Consultant
The Ford Store Morgan Hill

Looks like I will be waiting awhile before a vehicle is even available according to this email. Hoping its not the case but reality is setting in that I might not be able to get into a Bronco until late next year.
Sponsored