Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone,

Just found this site after playing around with the build site. This will be a surprise for my father. While I have been talking to him about the Bronco and know his lifestyle I am hoping you guys can help me make a couple of decisions.

How will dad be using it? He will mostly daily drive it. Here and there he will take my mom to the beach where you can park your car on the actual beach. He will probably take it on some trails but I am guessing maybe 5 times a year if that.

Right now I am looking at badlands and wildtrak. My dad loves gadgets so the lux is a must. I see you cannot get it on all models.

Here are my questions since I am not a truck/SUV guy.

Engine. If I get the badlands version, based on how he will be using it, is there really a big difference between the 2.3 and 2.7?

Transmission. Same as engine, will he not enjoy it if its the 7 speed vs 10?

He likes the idea of waterproof interior. Am I seeing it right the the BL is the only one where there is no carpet and you can drain water and still have lux package?
Are cloth options also waterproof or only if I get the marine grade seats?

Side question.... I see on BL you cannot have the tube step. I assume its bc it comes with the upgraded bashplates... ??? Will I be able to have someone else add them aftermarket or no? He is older and wants the sasquatch package so I'd like for him to have a tube step.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Engine. If I get the badlands version, based on how he will be using it, is there really a big difference between the 2.3 and 2.7?
I can't really decide that for someone else.

All depends on whether he prefers a manual or an automatic

He likes the idea of waterproof interior. Am I seeing it right the the BL is the only one where there is no carpet and you can drain water and still have lux package?
Correct. Black Diamond has the washout interior as well, but Lux isn't an option.

Only MGV as far as we know. I'm sure the cloth is water-resistant to an extent, but I wouldn't want them to get rained on. There are always aftermarket waterproof seat covers though.

Side question.... I see on BL you cannot have the tube step. I assume its bc it comes with the upgraded bashplates... ??? Will I be able to have someone else add them aftermarket or no? He is older and wants the sasquatch package so I'd like for him to have a tube step.
Yes, you'll be able to put steps on in place of the rock rails.

Incredible gift by the way (y)

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As you know, Lux is only available on the OBX, BL and WT trims (and FE too but those are already accounted for). The Badlands may be overkill for how he will use it but based on how things are now, these three trims all have their own exclusive interiors.

Check out the interiors for these three as that may be the dividing factor for you.

To answer your question about washout interiors and Lux, yes, only BL has both. And yes, MGV is the only interior option that is considered washout.

Lastly, the BL has the rock rail which is why the tube step is not an option. You could probably replace it relatively easy later if you wanted to though.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what you said , badlands with the lux and marine seating.

I wouldnt buy any accessories other than the tow package. As far as the tube step i dont think they have one , only rock rails. Tube steps of quite a few types will likely be 3rd party accessories by around fall of 2021

I would go with the 2.7 because of reliability. apparently the 2.3 has a issue with carbon build up based on how it injects fuel (correct me if im wrong ford nerds)

No reason to get 2.3 unless he wants a manual truck.

OP
OP
BennyBronco69

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't really decide that for someone else.

All depends on whether he prefers a manual or an automatic

Correct. Black Diamond has the washout interior as well, but Lux isn't an option.

Only MGV as far as we know. I'm sure the cloth is water-resistant to an extent, but I wouldn't want them to get rained on. There are always aftermarket waterproof seat covers though.

Yes, you'll be able to put steps on in place of the rock rails.
Thanks for the help/suggestions!

He prefers automatic.

Are you saying I will be able to replace the rock rails with steps when building it? or after the fact?

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gordon, First off I think it's great you're buying your Dad a Bronco. I can't speak to the engines as I have a Ranger on order so I can speak to the 2.3L. And I've never ridden in anything with the 2.7L. But from what I'm reading the 2.3L would be fine for the way he will use the vehicle. I haven't been able to get on the B/P page for a couple of days, but I believe the Black Diamond comes with the vinyl interior. However, I expect he would be fine with the cloth interior if he isn't going mudding. As far as a the manual vs auto that's really an individual preference. If he like gadgets, and such I say grab him a Bad Lands with the "Squatch" package along with the options you think he would want, and he'll have a ball. It won't matter if you miss something as I assure you all he will care about is that his son bought him a new Bronco.

Oh yeah, I pretty sure you can remove the rock rails, and get some aftermarket side steps.

OP
OP
BennyBronco69

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what you said , badlands with the lux and marine seating.

I wouldnt buy any accessories other than the tow package. As far as the tube step i dont think they have one , only rock rails. Tube steps of quite a few types will likely be 3rd party accessories by around fall of 2021

I would go with the 2.7 because of reliability. apparently the 2.3 has a issue with carbon build up based on how it injects fuel (correct me if im wrong ford nerds)

No reason to get 2.3 unless he wants a manual truck.
He def does not want a manual. So the 2.3 will always be manual and 2.7 is what I need to go with? EDIT: NVM..... I just realized it says it right on the site lol I can get him the 2.3 with auto. But sounds like 2.7 is where its at based on what you said.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He prefers automatic.

Are you saying I will be able to replace the rock rails with steps when building it? or after the fact?
Most likely after the fact. There are some Bronco steps; you can see them on the Outer Banks. But I think you'll have to order them through the parts department later. No telling when they'll be available.

He def does not want a manual. So the 2.3 will always be manual and 2.7 is what I need to go with?
No. The manual (7 sp) is available only on the 2.3. But you can option an automatic (10 sp) for it. The 2.7 is automatic only.

Sponsored

cp6789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello, its me, your father.
Hello everyone,

Just found this site after playing around with the build site. This will be a surprise for my father. While I have been talking to him about the Bronco and know his lifestyle I am hoping you guys can help me make a couple of decisions.

How will dad be using it? He will mostly daily drive it. Here and there he will take my mom to the beach where you can park your car on the actual beach. He will probably take it on some trails but I am guessing maybe 5 times a year if that.

Right now I am looking at badlands and wildtrak. My dad loves gadgets so the lux is a must. I see you cannot get it on all models.

Here are my questions since I am not a truck/SUV guy.

Thanks!!

Hello, its me, your father.

No for real though, good for you (and your Pops!).

The requirement for Lux = Outbanks, Badlands, Wildtrak
Sasquatch = any trim (late availability for Manual transmission + Sasquatch)
Engine = again, any trim. However, if your old man likes 3 pedals, than only 2.3, which in my opinion is plenty for a daily driver + beach riding (same as my driving up here in RI)
Waterproof interior = Badlands (marine grade vinyl seats and rubberized flooring with drainplugs)

I assume no tube steps on the BL because of already coming with rock rails. Aftermarket is an option here.

If I were in your shoes, I would go Badlands, Sasquatch, 2.3L, (transmission up to you, manual would be late availability), Lux, Marine Grade Vinyl and washout interior, aftermarket side step if needed.

OP
OP
BennyBronco69

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gordon, First off I think it's great you're buying your Dad a Bronco. I can't speak to the engines as I have a Ranger on order so I can speak to the 2.3L. And I've never ridden in anything with the 2.7L. But from what I'm reading the 2.3L would be fine for the way he will use the vehicle. I haven't been able to get on the B/P page for a couple of days, but I believe the Black Diamond comes with the vinyl interior. However, I expect he would be fine with the cloth interior if he isn't going mudding. As far as a the manual vs auto that's really an individual preference. If he like gadgets, and such I say grab him a Bad Lands with the "Squatch" package along with the options you think he would want, and he'll have a ball. It won't matter if you miss something as I assure you all he will care about is that his son bought him a new Bronco.

Oh yeah, I pretty sure you can remove the rock rails, and get some aftermarket side steps.
yeah I am leaning badlands w/ sasq package and lux. I know he def wants lux and sasq so those are a given for me.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

He prefers automatic.

I could be wrong (correct me) but i didnt see any step accessories on build and price. Which means you will have to rely on the 3rd party aftermarket to get bronco steps. So that will take some time after the car is released for them to develop the product. most likely by fall of 2021 you will be able to buy 3rd party step ups. (maybe sooner i have no idea how fast these companies work)