Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious how many of you folks in this long haul waiting game have still never even test driven a Bronco? And have no urgent desire to do so before getting yours? 🙋

I was reading another thread where a member was taking a little heat for buying without driving first, and it made me curious. Of the few vehicles I have bought brand new, I've never bothered test driving any of them. Not for comparison's sake with other models anyway. Just a quick spin around the block before I bought it to make sure nothing crazy stood out. Anybody else? Where's my weirdo's at?
Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious how many of you folks in this long haul waiting game have still never even test driven a Bronco? And have no urgent desire to do so before getting yours? 🙋

I was reading another thread where a member was taking a little heat for buying without driving first, and it made me curious. Of the few vehicles I have bought brand new, I've never bothered test driving any of them. Not for comparison's sake with other models anyway. Just a quick spin around the block before I bought it to make sure nothing crazy stood out. Anybody else? Where's my weirdo's at?
I ordered without test driving as well. At the time of my order, the dealer had no Broncos for a test drive. Had I waited for mannequin to be available before I placed my order, it would have probably been late 2022 or early 2023 for delivery (which it might be that long anyway). Not a perfect situation for sure.

OP
OP
Happytown

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered without test driving as well. At the time of my order, the dealer had no Broncos for a test drive. Had I waited for mannequin to be available before I placed my order, it would have probably been late 2022 or early 2023 for delivery (which it might be that long anyway). Not a perfect situation for sure.
Same here, none were available to test drive. And as much as I would love to drive one around, it would just for the sake of finally getting to drive one. For me, I guess I've never been a very discerning person when it comes to cars. Kinda like buying a hammer. A really cool hammer.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered mine without test driving; most of us did.

However, when mine comes in you bet I will be test driving it before I buy it. Although we have this excitement and know these vehicles inside and out, nothing beats a test drive. There may be something that isn't what we imagined or performs differently than we thought. Heck, maybe it's an issue that needs to be fixed under warranty, but it's important to drive it (even if it's only 5 minutes) before purchasing it.

In a perfect world, I'd love to be able to test drive a vehicle before mine arrives. It'd at least give me that much more certainty. I've been able to see a couple in-person and climb through it, which has been great. But test driving a demo model would be ideal. If it happens, great. If not, not the end of the world.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My test drive didn't happen until 5 months after I ordered. Some have waited much, much longer for a test drive and quite a few haven't driven at all.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered mine without test driving; most of us did.

However, when mine comes in you bet I will be test driving it before I buy it. Although we have this excitement and know these vehicles inside and out, nothing beats a test drive. There may be something that isn't what we imagined or performs differently than we thought. Heck, maybe it's an issue that needs to be fixed under warranty, but it's important to drive it (even if it's only 5 minutes) before purchasing it.

In a perfect world, I'd love to be able to test drive a vehicle before mine arrives. It'd at least give me that much more certainty. I've been able to see a couple in-person and climb through it, which has been great. But test driving a demo model would be ideal. If it happens, great. If not, not the end of the world.
Ditto!
I did run up the road to the Off-Rodeo so I could drive one. I loved it and really cool I could drive it in South Texas brush country, the very environment it will live most the time!

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I had planned to purchase with no questions asked all along…and then the off Roadeo confirmed that previous decision. The only problem is now that I know how awesome it is and the wait is harder!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not only have I not test driven one, I haven't even seen a 2dr in person. I've at least seen two 4 doors sitting in a parking lot.
Not the least bit worried, as the Bronco is just the essential building block towards what I will make it to fit me.

Sponsored

mikedege

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was able to drive all 3 four door variants(2 different dealers). With the intention of buying an available 2.3mt. I sure am glad I did, because surprisingly for me, the only one of the 3 I now will not buy is the manual transmission version. I would purchase either of the other 2 of which neither were available(demos). But if I had not driven them I would likely own the available mt and be unhappy. I know, I know, it's o.k. if some of you have a different opinion, fine... But I sure am glad I was able to test drive first.

Do yourself a favor and find some demos to drive. It's worth it to be sure you get what you want. Imo...

Best of luck
Mike

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ordered without test driving. Closest I got was sitting in one. I trust it will be fine.

Been driving a manual Mitsu Lancer the last 12 years, quick and nimble. Bought a Bronco Sport a month ago. Quite the difference, not used to the slower response and side to side sway when cornering. But I'll get used to it. I look forward to my manual 2-dr Bronco.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered without test driving obviously considering March 19th was the deadline. I've test driven my dealer's 4-door soft top Wild Track I think it is. I was not overly impressed TBH; mostly due to the automatic.

But I have a BD 2-door on order with a manual transmission, which is a completely different model. I'll drive it before I buy it. If I'm not impressed, I'll pass on the Bronco.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a 4dr badlands 2.7 mid soft squatch at the Texas Bronco offrodeo and I was blown away at its off-roading capabilities and on the dirt “Baja” track. A 4dr squatched soft mid 2.7 BD is the same thing minus the swaybar disconnect, so I got a really good idea of what I’m getting. Yes I’ll be taking delivery without having tested it on the highway, but I’m very happy with my wife’s 4dr jk (hardtop though), so I can’t imagine a test drive would expose any dealbreakers for me. The only downside I found was the garbage stock stereo system (its definitely worse than my econobox vw rabbit), but I’m sure I can upgrade that aftermarket for MUCH less than going BL lux. The offrodeo is about the same distance/time from my house to my dealership or any Ford dealership (west Austin/lakeway area).

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I ordered the 4 door 2.3L engine - I finally drove one a few weeks ago and switched to the 2.7L. I still haven't driven the 2.7 but I think it was a good switch.

I still plan to test mine before signing the dotted line.
Sponsored