l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adapting this to the rear would be great for more roll control on the street , very well thought out .
Lots of torque trying to twist any engagement parts so time will tell on the long term strength of this unit
it would be a big adaptation since there's currently no rear stabilizer bar in the bronco
Sponsored

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is my favorite thread to date. I like it because it is factual discussion backed with references. If anybody else is still on this thread and reading this then you like it too.

Can somebody direct me to an area in Bronco6G with more discussions like these? I am really curious about the SAS pkg and what it brings to the Badland... Stuff like that.

Thanks.
Facts have been hard to come by so far, lots of conjecture. This thread has a link to one detailed article with some good information.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-suspension-chassis-undercarriage-deep-dive.2242/

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Facts have been hard to come by so far, lots of conjecture. This thread has a link to one detailed article with some good information.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-suspension-chassis-undercarriage-deep-dive.2242/
Good Article, I have seen those pics, but not that article. Thank you very much. Am I the only one that is more excited looking at the mechanical engineering pictures than the cosmetic ones. Those pictures are straight gorgeous... Sorry, I just had a moment.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That sure is some gee wiz stuff there,dont want or need it aftermarket will have it soon or ill fab it up like on the cj but it is pretty.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i think you're overthinking the problem. if the pin is held by a solenoid, you could chamfer the bar. once the pin is released, it will drop into the chamfered hole as the
bar rotates past. no sensor required.

we use a similar setup on a jig at work.
I didnt see a locking pin...and that would defeat the whole idea of this device...its supposed to be able to unlock while under load. Thats why other automatic discos have failed. The pin shears under load, or gets bent And won't unlock. Really cool gizmo they came up with!

RManley

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So where is Ford getting the hydraulic pressure from? Land Rover had a similar system back in the 2000's and it ran off of an accessory pump. ACE, Active Corner Enhancment. It was a front and rear system and added a fair bit of complexity. The rover system went one step further and used the hydraulic pressure to counter act cornering. Those trucks handled very flat. In 4Low the system went limp. Great when it was working but $$ when it got old and more prone to issue. I guess with my history I am torn about wanting this system.

So I need to edit this already. I re-watched the BWI video and I looks to be a closed hydraulic system and basically just hydrolocks when the solenoids are closed. That is a very clean system them for the deeds of a disconnect.
The pressure comes from the piston accumulator pre-filled with nitrogen gas and hydraulic fluid. When the valve activates via solenoid that pressure will force stored hydraulic fluid into the main piston cavity (disconnect). When the solenoid is deactivated (over 20 mph) the solenoid will shut-off and a pre-loaded spring will activate a pressure relief valve. Instead of releasing the pressure back to a reservoir it will refill the accumulator (because the pressure created by the nitrogen gas in the accumulator will be less than that in the disconnect cavity) prior to the valve being able to close complete due to the pre-load spring tension equaling that of the gas in the accumulator. This is just a theory concerning design. I would need to look at the actual engineer design specs to confirm. Hopefully, this explanation help.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they would sell it to me like this I wouldn't have to worry about paint, or tops, or doors, or noting!

I'm buying an automatic, but I think Waluigi is a Mansquatch! All kidding aside. I cannot wait until some auto magazines get their hands on one. And Ford releases the information.

Ford Bronco BWI Bronco Stabilizer Bar Disconnect Technical Information 1600814414288

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they would sell it to me like this I wouldn't have to worry about paint, or tops, or doors, or noting!

I'm buying an automatic, but I think Waluigi is a Mansquatch! All kidding aside. I cannot wait until some auto magazines get their hands on one. And Ford releases the information.

Ford Bronco BWI Bronco Stabilizer Bar Disconnect Technical Information 1600814414288
Thats the removable panels the talked about to get to thd alternator.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The pressure comes from the piston accumulator pre-filled with nitrogen gas and hydraulic fluid. When the valve activates via solenoid that pressure will force stored hydraulic fluid into the main piston cavity (disconnect). When the solenoid is deactivated (over 20 mph) the solenoid will shut-off and a pre-loaded spring will activate a pressure relief valve. Instead of releasing the pressure back to a reservoir it will refill the accumulator (because the pressure created by the nitrogen gas in the accumulator will be less than that in the disconnect cavity) prior to the valve being able to close complete due to the pre-load spring tension equaling that of the gas in the accumulator. This is just a theory concerning design. I would need to look at the actual engineer design specs to confirm. Hopefully, this explanation help.
Thats kinda what I was thinking, w/checks and accumulator the disco could seek a neutral load position and hydrolock itself in that position without needing any physical position reference...thats why it reconnects at 20mph...they must figure at that speed there will be enough road undulations to help it find a neutral spot, but not enough that a quick hard turn would cause excess body roll.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah it makes perfect sense now. First time I looked at the video was on my phone an then read on the BWI website that they have pressure variants that ran from an accessory pump for active suspension and I immediately thought of the old Land Rover design. My mistake was not looking at the Bronco specific design. I like what they have come up with. Not sure what the downsides or failure points are but seems like a no brainer since it is a stand alone unit. I wonder if it is serviceable or a one shot Louie?

hotrodbones

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not too happy about the entire assembly rotating and vibrating with suspension articulation. This think will get rattled all to hell on some medium speed washboard roads. If I do keep my plans to purchase the Badlands I may remove this and use a manual disconnect.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am not too happy about the entire assembly rotating and vibrating with suspension articulation. This think will get rattled all to hell on some medium speed washboard roads. If I do keep my plans to purchase the Badlands I may remove this and use a manual disconnect.
Why do you think BWI and Ford's endurance and life testing is not sufficient to find and solve those problems?

Okay, if you still believe what you believe, leave it on, enjoy it, and if it dies, then replace it with a manual disconnect.

Or, sell it as a take-off, you will have a 100 Bronco6g members line up to buy it.