FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
During my weekly "what tire should I get for a vehicle I don't yet have after the stock ones wear out" research, I noticed that Toyo added a C load rated 35x12.5 model to their Open Country AT3 spec sheet.

Ford Bronco C-Load 35x12.5r17 Toyo AT3s? Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 6.40.09 PM

Anyone familiar with this? A brief Google session hasn't revealed much, and the specs seem to straddle the line between the perfect mild-duty AT tire and too-good-to-be-true at sub-60lbs for a 35xAnything.
Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kicked the tires on that one..lol great tire just a little to pedistrian for me in the end.

IF you don't air down low and often it's a good choice over the E rated.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's hard to beat the Toyo AT3 tire in any form.

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I considered ordering as well. The load index of that tire is 111. Turns out my badlands has a 113 which made it incompatible. Had to move up to the D load 315 Toyo’s.
I still love them and they ride smoothly.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I considered ordering as well. The load index of that tire is 111. Turns out my badlands has a 113 which made it incompatible. Had to move up to the D load 315 Toyo’s.
I still love them and they ride smoothly.

Although I do prefer a D or E rated off road tire, 2400lb per tire is more than enough for the Bronco.

Sponsored

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although I do prefer a D or E rated off road tire, 2400lb per tire is more than enough for the Bronco.

Discount tire canceled my order and informed me that they could not sell those to me because the 111 rating was lower than the 113 on the factory tires. That’s what led me to switch. The D load is 121.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Discount tire canceled my order and informed me that they could not sell those to me because the 111 rating was lower than the 113 on the factory tires. That’s what led me to switch. The D load is 121.
GVWR of a 4dr, 2.7 Badlands is 6,200lbs. 2400lbs per tire is fine. Lot's better tire shops around.

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not arguing. I’m no tire engineer. Lol. But that was my experience.
Ford Bronco C-Load 35x12.5r17 Toyo AT3s? 0169F099-46CC-4620-8799-4640405F5F52

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not arguing. I’m no tire engineer. Lol. But that was my experience.

Some shops won't do anything other than what the door sticker says. Mostly because no one working there really knows anything about tires and it's best to stick to the sticker when in doubt. There are better tire shops around.

Anyway, I'd rather have your D rated tires myself, but I'd also be running them at a tire pressure well below max.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

During my weekly "what tire should I get for a vehicle I don't yet have after the stock ones wear out" research, I noticed that Toyo added a C load rated 35x12.5 model to their Open Country AT3 spec sheet.

Anyone familiar with this? A brief Google session hasn't revealed much, and the specs seem to straddle the line between the perfect mild-duty AT tire and too-good-to-be-true at sub-60lbs for a 35xAnything.

You can get a 315/70 KO2 in "C"....i also have been doing a bunch of tire research recently, but for a different reason.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is F'd up if true. What are the ratings on the stock Bronco Tires vs the Sasquatch I wonder.

I have C on my JKUR now, really like them, and don't want the harsh ride that comes with the standard D/E

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is F'd up if true. What are the ratings on the stock Bronco Tires vs the Sasquatch I wonder.

I have C on my JKUR now, really like them, and don't want the harsh ride that comes with the standard D/E

Agreed. But I do think the ride in the Toyo at3 D loads that I switched to is great. So it worked out.

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

And they were $40/tire cheaper.

OP
OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Base model Bridgestone dueler h/ts are 111 load index, Big Bend dueler a/ts are 115, Black Diamond grabbers are 112, the Badlands k02s are 113 and the big Goodyears on the sasquatch packages are 113.

Seeing as there's usually only one or two different load 'versions' of a tire model in the same size, I'd wager the choices there were more "what's available" than tailoring it to the Bronco weight specifically. 2400lbs per corner is capacity to spare, although I can certainly understand why the folks that will be airing them down and beating on them more regularly than I will would want a more resilient tire.

You can get a 315/70 KO2 in "C"....i also have been doing a bunch of tire research recently, but for a different reason.
These are a consideration, they're the posterchild for a mild AT on the lighter side, but I'm hearing quite frequently lately that their QC has taken a bit of a misstep, lots of returns under warranty for out-of-round tires and difficulty maintaining balance over relatively short rotation intervals.

I hope that the popularity of the Bronco with the OE 315/70/17 tire size will prompt more tire manufs to made C- and D- rated versions of existing tires (c'mon, Nitto), but seeing as they're having enough trouble making their current catalog available, I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I'm curious now @Discount Tire , is this company policy, and does it apply specifically to individual trims of the vehicle, since base model Broncos do indeed come with 111 load index tires?
Sponsored