First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing....This is pretty cool but don't see how this can work on the front of Bronco

Kai

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing....This is pretty cool but don't see how this can work on the front of Bronco
On the bumper? All the other solutions either block the camera, block fog lights positions, or block the cruise control distance sensor. They drilled my grill and it obscures the camera. Was planning on a tow mount as the only place big enough to not block all those locations and if clearance on trail is a problem could remove it. This might be better though.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had three vehicles in CA with no front plates, never been stopped for it. I counted on my way to work one morning, one out of every seven cars I passed that day had no front plate. The majority of those with no front plates were teslas, but very few sports cars or luxury cars have front plates in my area. I suppose that if they make this sticker available, they’ll probably start enforcing the front plate law.

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a relocation kit from Builtright Industries, but I have not installed it. Still driving around in CA without it. I will continue to do so until I get asked to. Knock on wood 🪵

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, doesn’t seem like there’s any decent spot for it on the mod bumper.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there any non-aesthetic reason to not just use one of the many metal front plate adapters now available for the modular bumper? I paid for one of the “cheap” $40 ones on Amazon and it feels and looks great. It’s physically positioned a bit lower than you’d expect it to but as long as it’s more than 12” off the ground then it’s DOT-compliant.

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@ $39 on Amazon and it uses factory bolts. It doesn’t block my cameras or cruise that I am aware of …

Looks okay as well. It’s Aluminum and meets CA requirements.

D5FC1583-FF6C-41DB-8239-D3A26A050E60.jpeg

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there any non-aesthetic reason to not just use one of the many metal front plate adapters now available for the modular bumper? I paid for one of the “cheap” $40 ones on Amazon and it feels and looks great. It’s physically positioned a bit lower than you’d expect it to but as long as it’s more than 12” off the ground then it’s DOT-compliant.
Seems like wherever you put it, it’s blocking something between the front camera, the proximity sensors, the adaptive cruise control sensor, or the little pocket holes where I have lights. I just left it off because I’ve never had any issues not having a front plate on previous vehicles I have owned. If 12” off the ground is the only requirement, then could you stick one of these up toward the top of the bash plate? Probably wouldn’t be very visible.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@ $39 on Amazon and it uses factory bolts. It doesn’t block my cameras or cruise that I am aware of …

Looks okay as well. It’s Aluminum and meets CA requirements.

Ford Bronco CA front plate wrap solution D5FC1583-FF6C-41DB-8239-D3A26A050E60
I guess it’s easy enough to remove it before you take it off road. Looks like it would get hung up on something.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only time I had a front plate requirement enforced is with parking enforcement. The no plate ticket was more expensive than the street sweeting ticket (which is a whole nother can-o-worms that needs to be gotten rid of) SS ticket was $25, no plate was $45, they chose the $45, go figure. Surprised I didnt get both. Other than that one time, I have been driving in SoCal for over 25 years and only 1 of my vehicles has ever had a front plate. Unless the state starts really cracking down on it, it's mostly a non issue. Typically you would get a warning first. I'd wait for that before even thinking about mounting my front plate. But of course, thats only my $.02

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the sticker plates have been around for a while, but it's a no go on the Bronco, there's no area where you could fit it.
I modified a holder made for tube bumpers, but I'll be taking it off again soon and roll w/o front plate, put the thing in the trunk. Never had one on my old car, nobody seems to care. I'll have it handy if I travel out of CA to where the cops might have a different take on it, not worth the hassle, but I doubt I'll ever get pulled over here. And if, it's most likely a fix it ticket.

broncodeadhead

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Dodge Challenger, Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I live in CA and mounted the Valkyrie off-road front plate holder and it looks great, does not interfere with any of the technology, and is solid as a rock. Couldn’t be happier

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course it's $100
And probably every registration year just like the black plates or any other vanity item they will tax you on over & over. :sneaky:
Sponsored