Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who are wondering what color Cactus Gray and Area 51 really are: I pulled Ford's color PDF ( https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Color-Sheet.pdf ) into photoshop to check the colors. Photoshop says Cactus Gray is a very low saturation green. Area 51 looks like a blueish cyan.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 1.52.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 11.06.48 AM.png

With low saturation gray colors like these it can be almost impossible to get a photo that looks like what you see in person (something I'm familiar with thanks to my Heritage Blue FJ). Default processing in digital cameras and cell phones tries to pump up the color but is easily thrown off by lighting (especially artificial lighting). Like some of the Area 51 photos I'm seeing, all the first photos of the Heritage Blue FJs made them look baby blue, probably the processing thinking that's probably sky and needs to be a lighter bluer color. We'll really have to see these in person before we know.
Really wish they would have went with a real grey with no metallic or weirdness to it. GT350 has a nice version, canā€™t recall its specific name.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford website still strongly stating these aftermarket parts (white top / white color roll bar ?) are not available for sale.
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray and Area 51 DAFB1ED8-BFA0-4DE6-91F7-B20844BAE3DB
Thatā€™s standard legal mumbo jumbo. I sincerely doubt theyā€™re showing an aftermarket hardtop, as that would likely be one of the last things the aftermarket tries to tackle. Iā€™m fairly confident the white top and grille will be available as an accessory from Ford or maybe as ā€œheritageā€ package.

Sponsored

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™m fairly confident the white top and grille will be available as an accessory from Ford or maybe as ā€œheritageā€ package.
Iā€™ll do you one better and say thereā€™s going to be a white interior. Assuming the following things about the Cactus Gray and Cyber Orange Broncos are true:
-They are one-offs built for the sole purpose of being photographed,
-They have golf-cart motors and a mishmash of parts such as the Cyber Orange being a manual with the PRND display on the dash,
-They are not street-legal.

Youā€™ll notice that both Broncos have airbag warning labels on the passenger visor. If youā€™re making a custom interior for a truck thatā€™ll never be driven on the road, why add a giant, ugly, and totally unnecessary warning label? While the seat covers and some interior bits are custom, I think the white visors are OEM pieces pulled out of the parts bin.

Either that or my tin-foil hat is on too tight...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have mentioned in multiple post how I think the Cactus looks like a powder room pastel color. Someone else probably hit it close by calling it "mint"... all colors that I would want to stay far away from.

Yet when I see Cactus with the Black hard top and black handles... I'm like ... eh.. not bad! If that came with a light interior.. it may be growing on me.

It is definitely a color I'd need to see in person.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Forum member on another thread said it was same color code. Agree it is alittle light. But out of the four FE colors it's my 1st pic. Truth be told Carbonized Grey would be at top of list if offered on FE.
That's the color I'm starting to lean towards. I think it looks good with the black top, and probably even better with a white top!

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well shoot. I just crossed A51 off my list...now this. This is more blue, less green.
50E7CB72-0CBB-4F54-B87A-05A1AA05278D.png

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well shoot. I just crossed A51 off my list...now this. This is more blue, less green.
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray and Area 51 50E7CB72-0CBB-4F54-B87A-05A1AA05278D
It was always some kind of blue shade no? The only color with any green kind of shade was CG. Shame Area 51 is not metallic, but still has a nice look for a chameleon :)

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Like a Tesla store. They have every material and color for exterior and interior. You can see it, touch it, take it outside. Itā€™s incredibly simple and incredibly useful.

EDIT: photo for reference.
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray and Area 51 50E7CB72-0CBB-4F54-B87A-05A1AA05278D
Just like their cars!

You can take one for a test drive. You can see it, you can touch it...

Oh wait, your taxpayer dollars get to pay for it, but they don't even require Tesla owners to provide mandatory free rides to people on an annual basis as their repayment to society.

I'm more than happy to not have the "Tesla buying experience"..... Or, more accurately, the "Tesla my car has been in a repair shop for 6 months because they don't make replacement parts" experience.

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just like their cars!

You can take one for a test drive. You can see it, you can touch it...

Oh wait, your taxpayer dollars get to pay for it, but they don't even require Tesla owners to provide mandatory free rides to people on an annual basis as their repayment to society.

I'm more than happy to not have the "Tesla buying experience"..... Or, more accurately, the "Tesla my car has been in a repair shop for 6 months because they don't make replacement parts" experience.
Thatā€™s a drag if youā€™ve known someone that happened to.

I know a lot of Tesla owners and Iā€™ve had mine for multiple years. They have a pretty amazing quality record. None of the owners I know has had an issue. Ironically, Iā€˜m the only person I personally know that has any significant issue: rear driver air suspension issue. I got in the car in my garage and it did itā€™s ā€œPre-Flightā€œ health check and detected the problem and threw an alert up on my screen before I could put the car into gear. It had also phoned home and told Tesla it had an issue (all in seconds). So as I see the alert, I also recieve a phone call from Tesla. They came out, got the car, gave me a loaner and replaced the whole suspension then brought the car back same day.

Like I said, no other Tesla owner I know has had any real issues. Iā€™m certain they happen. But my experience - from looking, to purchace, to service and ownership - has been the best of any car Iā€™ve owned.

Back to topic, I just think it would be handy for a dealership in each area to have some samples so we can see them and referenced Tesla as an example. Thatā€™s all.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
50E7CB72-0CBB-4F54-B87A-05A1AA05278D.png
Where did you find that pick?!! I for sure for sure want A51 now!???. Iā€™m sorry you donā€™t like it. I thought it was green at first as well based on the initial paint chip and colorizer lol

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where did you find that pick?!! I for sure for sure want A51 now!???. Iā€™m sorry you donā€™t like it. I thought it was green at first as well based on the initial paint chip and colorizer lol
Itā€™s on the Bronco Sport thread. There are some other really good views as well. But yeah, I thought the blue really pops in this picture!
Sponsored