Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took the family by the Bronco event in Utah today. They only had 2 Broncos. Likely the same 2 that have been shared in previous threads. But here is my take and a few pics.

We checked out the 4 door Black Diamond in Cactus Gray with steel wheels and soft top. This combo is really good looking to me.

We tried to get a speaker demo but the worker couldnā€™t get it going (pre production issue?) oh well.

We tested a rear facing car seat with the seat set up for me ( 6ā€™ 1ā€) and it was tight behind me, Ok in the middle seat though.

The middle seat has a little cushion and it does make it a bit uncomfortable. Kids didnā€™t like it. I joked we should have just got the 2 door if no one will sit there šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m sure it has been noted in other threads but the rear seats do recline an 1ā€. It makes a difference to have them reclined just that much.

I like the marine grade vinyl seats as well.

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Black Diamond w/steelies @ Utah event 421E7E57-3A32-40C3-B9C2-5F751715DB9E

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Black Diamond w/steelies @ Utah event D3C19791-D864-4283-88E9-1CA6BF51CF43

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Black Diamond w/steelies @ Utah event C2648BA4-57C9-4DD2-907C-66C3C9911866

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Black Diamond w/steelies @ Utah event 144E036C-9AAA-43C1-AF56-717D55657DC6
Sponsored

Last edited:

RunningJerk

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's what I ordered but with the MIC top. I am a bit surprised by the amount of room, or lack thereof, in the back seat, but I don't plan on riding back there so what do I care? I just got the 4 door so my bicycle will fit inside without taking the wheel off (fingers crossed that it fits like that). The more I see these pictures the more I think I definitely will end up with a soft top at some point. I get to see a bronco on May 19th at the dealer, so I hope they have the BD. I can't wait to check one out in person. Thanks for posting pics!

Sponsored

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That Bronco was in Portland a couple weeks ago. It's making the west coast rounds.

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was also at this event, was very cool to see the broncos in person finally. Convinced me away from the MGV sears though, as well as away from the soft top.

Vinyl felt very thin, and I worried how it would hold up over time, and just didn't care for it.

Soft top is amazing once you open it up and see the wide open sky with no cross bar. But it's real hokey in the back how it just lifts up a bit and doesn't open up to the full cargo height. That would get old real quick.

Overall loved the ergonomics, simplicity, lines, etc. The cactus gray color with black wheels and top is very cool indeed, but feels like it will be the hot look of the season so went storm trooper white with black hard top.

JG

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Black Diamond w/steelies @ Utah event PXL_20210505_210423152.MP

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Black Diamond w/steelies @ Utah event PXL_20210505_213618841.MP

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's what I have on order except I went with the MIC top.My first pick was the Area 51 color but I couldn't get rid of my doubts.I wish Area 51 was a bit darker.Cactus Grey seemed safer to me.

Either way the wait is on.

Thanks for the pictures.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I see Cactus Gray I'm glad I didn't pick it.
It looks way better in person but I still agree with you. Same with A51.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks way better in person but I still agree with you. Same with A51.
We currently have A51 ordered and we are toying with switching to Velocity Blue. I told wife if we stick with A51 we're wrapping the hood satin black but with VB it's a no go. She wants a black hood so for now it's A51 but you know how women are, for all I know I'll be calling SAC next week and changing it to red.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We currently have A51 ordered and we are toying with switching to Velocity Blue. I told wife if we stick with A51 we're wrapping the hood satin black but with VB it's a no go. She wants a black hood so for now it's A51 but you know how women are, for all I know I'll be calling SAC next week and changing it to red.
Hah I knew if I said A51 you'd have it. It's like a 1 in 5 chance. I sort of liked it in the beginning but it's already played out and public doesn't even have Broncos yet. šŸ˜¬

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hah I knew if I said A51 you'd have it. It's like a 1 in 5 chance. I sort of liked it in the beginning but it's already played out and public doesn't even have Broncos yet. šŸ˜¬
the good thing is it's a Bronco brand exclusive color FOR NOW but yes I'm afraid it will be too popular.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soft top is amazing once you open it up and see the wide open sky with no cross bar. But it's real hokey in the back how it just lifts up a bit and doesn't open up to the full cargo height. That would get old real quick.
Its no hokey at all. You should try loading and unloading the back of a Jeep that doesn't lift up at all. It sucks bad. Crawling through and 18" hole to get groceries or whatever out gets old real fast. Been there and more than likely will never have a soft top unless it does lift up that easy.

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Its no hokey at all. You should try loading and unloading the back of a Jeep that doesn't lift up at all. It sucks bad. Crawling through and 18" hole to get groceries or whatever out gets old real fast. Been there and more than likely will never have a soft top unless it does lift up that easy.
I suppose its hokiness depends on your point of reference. For jeep folk it might be a great innovation. I'm a land cruiser guy, used to my vehicles having a back hatch, as God intended.
Sponsored