Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure if this is what you mean, but it looks like the silver broncos at the center of the BD steelies are on plastic pieces that attach under the lug nuts, so maybe a hub cap can fit this way as well.

EA079786-37A5-4EA8-91D6-E9F98B3727E1.jpeg
This is close to what I was saying. I think the old hub caps fastened with clips outside of the lug nuts. But I can see from your pic that the little Bronco is kind of a hub cap. I don’t see why aftermarket can’t come up with an old school hub cap that can fasten the same way that the little Bronco caps fasten.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100% agree MIC has/is evolving. So...if "15" is too early to pay attention to, what are the 'current' build numbers?

If MIC has settled down & become "production-ready", it sure would be nice to see a coupl'a outdoor photos, sun, shade, etc
I think we are up around the high 270s or so for numbering. The top does look lighter than it is now but these rims look more correct. In the Bronco Materials and Interior video the lady says that the BD rims will be satin black not glossy like we have been seeing. I do like the satin better.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Exactly this, #15 is a looooooong time ago in production time. Funny watching people making decisions based on it, lol. It is getting ridiculous around here.
Right! I def wonder where it's been. Wish these things could talk...

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love the steelies... so much that I think I’m going to swap out for a set of them on my BL.

For me it’s still all about esthetics. I like the utilitarian, unapologetic form-follows-function look. Kind of a “get out of my way, I’ve got a job to do” vibe while everyone else is standing around at cars and coffee competing over how rare their particular corvette build is.

$0.02
So I guess its gonna be something ill never understand lol. Because it doesn't give me that I have a job to do vibe at all. Gives me the vibe that someone stole your wheels and you had to go to the junk yard so you could drive home lol

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is close to what I was saying. I think the old hub caps fastened with clips outside of the lug nuts. But I can see from your pic that the little Bronco is kind of a hub cap. I don’t see why aftermarket can’t come up with an old school hub cap that can fasten the same way that the little Bronco caps fasten.
Granted it’s the wrong lug pattern... but the fact that the concept is currently still in production lends some hope.

(It utilizes flanged lug nuts that the cap clips on to)

Ford Bronco ?Cactus Gray Black Diamond with steel wheels (2-Door) 1609647468981

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not the photographer (James Revoyr) and can’t take credit. Just wanted to share on this forum. ?

Bronco Sport looks absolutely pedestrian in comparison.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me it’s still all about esthetics. I like the utilitarian, unapologetic form-follows-function look. Kind of a “get out of my way, I’ve got a job to do” vibe while everyone else is standing around at cars and coffee competing over how rare their particular corvette build is.
So I guess its gonna be something ill never understand lol. Because it doesn't give me that I have a job to do vibe at all. Gives me the vibe that someone stole your wheels and you had to go to the junk yard so you could drive home lol
Yeah, on that particular subject...

Ford Bronco ?Cactus Gray Black Diamond with steel wheels (2-Door) Vette.JPG

Ford Bronco ?Cactus Gray Black Diamond with steel wheels (2-Door) gary

Ford Bronco ?Cactus Gray Black Diamond with steel wheels (2-Door) 060417120803_2966.JPG

Last edited:

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh big hugs.

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The black steelies were growing on me, but I think they look terrible with CG.
With you there. I like the Steelies, I like the Cactus Grey, I like the 2dr, but for some reason, together I don't like it at all.

Nice thing it is subjective, so other will love it, and some wont.

Thanks so much for pictures! That really helps with color choice.

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get the function part of it, I really do but other than that can someone please explain why you guys like the steelies so much? I know since I come from mustang land I like some show with my go, and I get you don't need fancy wheels on a trail but I just dont get it. Is it just one of those things I'm not gonna get lol?

Especially on cactus grey these are terrible, reminds me of the family truckster after the hub caps get stolen
For me, they harken back to old school Defenders which are basically art on wheels. Steel wheels... As for functionality, no way would I be able to hammer those back into shape on the trail haha.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Great pics, I dont understand the love of steelies....maybe because tat was what I had on my first car.

Tards

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sl450
Your Bronco Model