Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes! They are one thing we learned from @LEGEND a while back. Now that's one thing I try to find first. The build number!
I was just looking in the shipping yard thread and the FE in Area 51 is numbered 985. Wonder if it’s just because of it being FE that it may not follow the same numbering system?
Sponsored

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not the photographer (James Revoyr) and can’t take credit. Just wanted to share on this forum. ?

2021 Bronco Black Diamond Cactus Gray Steel Wheels 2-Door 1.jpg
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Cactus Gray Steel Wheels 2-Door 2.jpg
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Cactus Gray Steel Wheels 2-Door 3.jpg
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Cactus Gray Steel Wheels 2-Door 4.jpg
Thank you for photos. They really help. The Price and Build feature on the Ford web site includes the option of rock rails for this model. It was reflected in another section of the web site that the Black Diamond model comes with the rock rails as standard part of the model trim. Now that we've seen a Black Diamond model in the wild, it has the rock rails on it. Shall we assume that the Price and Build feature is yet still messed up?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get the function part of it, I really do but other than that can someone please explain why you guys like the steelies so much? I know since I come from mustang land I like some show with my go, and I get you don't need fancy wheels on a trail but I just dont get it. Is it just one of those things I'm not gonna get lol?

Especially on cactus grey these are terrible, reminds me of the family truckster after the hub caps get stolen
Had several over the years (cars and trucks) and I always liked that I can grab a can of rustoleum and freshen up the look if needed. The thing with steelies is getting it right with the hubcap. Not many trucks can pull off the steel rim with no hubcap (EB, Willys, Blazer).

BroncoMike75

Big Bend
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and a 1967 Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just don't get the steel wheel fascination. I can't see spending 40-50k on a vehicle to get wheels you can buy from JC Whitney for less than 90.00 each. I guess its so when you hi and rock climb, you don't mess up the nicer wheels???? Looks like a under cover cop car to me.

Screenshot_20210103-062945_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get the function part of it, I really do but other than that can someone please explain why you guys like the steelies so much? I know since I come from mustang land I like some show with my go, and I get you don't need fancy wheels on a trail but I just dont get it. Is it just one of those things I'm not gonna get lol?

Especially on cactus grey these are terrible, reminds me of the family truckster after the hub caps get stolen
I don't know if I can explain it but I'll try.

Speaking strictly for myself, others might have different reasons.

When I first started getting into cars and truck custom was king for me. Stock always looked so boring.

As I've gotten older I've seen so many fads and participated I a few of them. I look back and wonder WFT were we thinking? So many bad things were done to great cars.

It's made me appreciate classic details so much more because they are familiar and you know how they age and they'll never really go out of style. I appreciate details that I never appreciated in the past. Those small undersized wheels and tires tucked deep in the wheel wells of a classic car use to bother me, now I love them.

Maybe I just got old but I get it now.

That doesn't mean I don't like a car that has been properly stanced either (and I don't mean that in the way kids do these days) I mean a really proper sized tire that sits nice and flush with the lip and sits just right in the arch.

I don't know if you can see it in my profile pic very well but I put a lot of work into getting my fire bird to sit just right on modern wheels and tires that I think still look tasteful and I hope will age well and not look like a tacky fad in 10 years.

I totally get why some people think the steelies look cheap because I use to feel the same but I've come around and I 'get it'.

I don't expect others to because we all like what we like and the best part about that is you don't have to worry about seeing me roll down the street with the same exact mods as you.

The thing I really don't get is the over 20" wheels with rubber bands for tires on off roaders. If we're gona shit on someone for there taste let's fight the real enemy :) brodozers

Last edited:

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why does Ford not offer black lugs? I still really like the BD but I don't think I really like Cactus Gray anymoe after seeing it on my favorite model in a 2 door. Damn none of these colors really stand out to me enough for me to want to buy..

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not the photographer (James Revoyr) and can’t take credit.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! And please hug whomever took the pictures.

From the 7 pages of comments I just read, I can see that most of you don't understand the HUGE significance of these pictures.

Through all of the million photos we have seen so far, not a single one, not ONE, has been a 2-door Black Diamond on its stock steelies. Not in any color. Nada. Nope. Not in any color. None.

Thank you a million times!
Sponsored