Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone has their own tastes so I'm not trying to convert you but check out detroitsteelwheel.com. I think this website will at least give you an appreciation for the look even if it's not for you.
I have checked out Detroit Steel Wheels. Nice wheels. The only way I'll get steelies if they have a chrome dog dish hubcap. But I don't like the look of white steelies on a white truck. So I won't do steelies as long as my wife demands a white Bronco. I would do white steelies with chrome dog dish hubcaps on A51 and for sure boxwood green (hoping Ford adds boxwood green).

Here's a couple photoshopped Detroit Steel Wheels steelies photos.

Ford Bronco ?Cactus Gray Black Diamond with steel wheels (2-Door) detroit steelies white a51

Ford Bronco ?Cactus Gray Black Diamond with steel wheels (2-Door) detroit steelies white

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe with black lug nuts.
Still not a bug fan personally

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t see why I can’t downgrade my badlands build to the steel wheels FOR FREE. If I have to pay 680$ for them I better get 2 sets of wheels

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone has their own tastes so I'm not trying to convert you but check out detroitsteelwheel.com. I think this website will at least give you an appreciation for the look even if it's not for you.
Consider me converted

Sponsored

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will have steel wheels on my Bronco, whether I stick with Base or end up going with Black Diamond...... but I wish Ford would have developed a 17 inch, six-spoke variation of the design used on Police Interceptors. The Bronco steelie is the common design used as the spare wheel on many, many vehicles....foreign and domestic.

Ford Bronco ?Cactus Gray Black Diamond with steel wheels (2-Door) 1609703982688

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was just looking in the shipping yard thread and the FE in Area 51 is numbered 985. Wonder if it’s just because of it being FE that it may not follow the same numbering system?
Good possibility I'm going to have to take time go back through all this pictures see if I can match all the numbers together!!!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Checked it out.....just not for me. I'm just gonna file it down as a style I just dont understand lol

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

why do these broncos look so similar in size? look at the wheel width! the way they sit between the yellow lines and all
Perspective?

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do like the 2 door Bronco, but it just doesn't fit the into what I need, damnit.........:)

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm i don't think so .... the heights are similar too on stock tires and wheels
Aliens? To me it looks like the Bronco is wider and taller than the sport, which it is right? I must be missing something. There is definitely a perspective difference based on the positions rn angle of the photographer-and the two vehicles.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the steel wheels. Kinda like the Argent color of the base 16” steels but if I get Rapid Red on the Bd it may look really good with black wheels. Hmm

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You people not liking the Cactus Gray are in need of some mental attention. :D

I'm warming to these steel wheels because I can have them painted Cactus Gray and put a nice chrome hubcap on them! (y)

Condo........ Go.......... wait, not allowed to call this color by its colloquial name.

CG and A51 are ultra modern styles of paint.

Flat
Lifeless
Zero depth
Minimal reflection
Artificially glossy clear to pretend it isn't bland

The mental attention needed is that it's a cheap surface coating and looks low rent. However, it's incredibly popular right now and "dates" any vehicle with that style of paint to a narrow point in time.

I was all on board with CG until its production spec turned out to be this "late 2020's" featureless landscape.

Also, I'm not alone in this viewpoint, but definitely outnumbered. This paint follows the trend here in America where any sort of artistic expression must be devolved back to two colors, zero depth or style so that the average person isn't offended by it. (As if iconic silver, a darker silver, two black paints and white weren't bad enough).

An example of taking style backwards to boredom:
Ford Bronco ?Cactus Gray Black Diamond with steel wheels (2-Door) remote-icons-9to5mac

And another with A51 and CG.
Ford Bronco ?Cactus Gray Black Diamond with steel wheels (2-Door) 20200918_203635

AndrewJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very cool! I was all about the wheels to begin with, but maybe not feeling it so much any more...

Edit: Anyone else see a green tint in the paint?
I'm seeing the green. I saw a couple Cactus Gray sports, on different days and different lighting conditions, and they looked wildly unlike each other.
Sponsored