First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As we have seen in recent posts, a Cactus Gray Bronco is making its way through SoCal Ford dealerships this week.

When i originally saw the announcement images from Ford back in July, this was my go to color. But as we got updates, I fell out of love with it.

So, now that I finally that I got to se it in person, what's the verdict?

In person, it looks a lot better to me than in pictures. Part of this was helped by the fact that it was being displayed in the shade, so the lightness of the paint that i dislike was not accentuated. Still, it's not enough to pull be back into the Cactus Gray camp.

So what color is it really? Was it mint green?

The joys of a medium gray flat paint color is that it will take on characteristics of the light that it reflects. Thats why it looks more blue green to some in the shade or at dusk. It also causes confusion to cameras when the white balance is not spot on. (Especially the case on the photos and video that I took with my iPhone)

This doesn't really prove anything other than to say that it truly is just a light gray color. It's just in it's nature to take on the color of light that you throw at. That will be one of the many joys of owning this color.

I took a few different shots from several angles, and you can see even the subtle change in the amount of diffused light that hits it causes a change in color. But, i also took a shot against a color checker passport (for calibrating photos & monitors), so you can get an idea of the actual color compared to the 'official' gray.

Hopefully will be able to do a more formal write up of my overall impressions later in the week, but wanted to post this for anyone still trying to figure out the Cactus color.

If anyone actually wants me to upload the RAW file with the color checker calibration shot, let me know.

5K2A0488.jpg

5K2A0429.jpg

5K2A0452.jpg

5K2A0447-2.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aren't plenty of Sports out there in most colors now including this one?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As we have seen in recent posts, a Cactus Gray Bronco is making its way through SoCal Ford dealerships this week.

When i originally saw the announcement images from Ford back in July, this was my go to color. But as we got updates, I fell out of love with it.

So, now that I finally that I got to se it in person, what's the verdict?

In person, it looks a lot better to me than in pictures. Part of this was helped by the fact that it was being displayed in the shade, so the lightness of the paint that i dislike was not accentuated. Still, it's not enough to pull be back into the Cactus Gray camp.

So what color is it really? Was it mint green?

The joys of a medium gray flat paint color is that it will take on characteristics of the light that it reflects. Thats why it looks more blue green to some in the shade or at dusk. It also causes confusion to cameras when the white balance is not spot on. (Especially the case on the photos and video that I took with my iPhone)

This doesn't really prove anything other than to say that it truly is just a light gray color. It's just in it's nature to take on the color of light that you throw at. That will be one of the many joys of owning this color.

I took a few different shots from several angles, and you can see even the subtle change in the amount of diffused light that hits it causes a change in color. But, i also took a shot against a color checker passport (for calibrating photos & monitors), so you can get an idea of the actual color compared to the 'official' gray.

Hopefully will be able to do a more formal write up of my overall impressions later in the week, but wanted to post this for anyone still trying to figure out the Cactus color.

If anyone actually wants me to upload the RAW file with the color checker calibration shot, let me know.

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Bronco At Robins Ford - Color Validation 5K2A0447-2

I was looking at a sport today in the sun and I loved it. I am content (although I do like it in the shade or overcast best!). Thanks for sharing!!!!

OP
OP
BroncoTodd

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aren't plenty of Sports out there in most colors now including this one?
They are out there, but at the 2 dealers near me there have been no sports, rangers, or F150's in Cactus when i have checked on multiple occasions.

I may be answering a question that nobody has anymore, but my intention was just to do my part to help the community just in case anyone is still trying to figure it out.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How can you tell the color if you’re underwater? 😁

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IDK to me it stood out like the biggest eyesore on the lot. Maybe it looks better on the bronco with unpainted flares etc.

I know we don’t have a ton of bandwidth on the available colors on the bronco, but I walked away thinking wow, they is the second most desirable color on the bronco???

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Bronco At Robins Ford - Color Validation 1ED4F865-ED42-4783-9783-71C4AC8D1B78

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My inner thoughts are reflected by many of your posts! :D
You kind of hinted at that with offering up the RAW and that last picture. Yikes.

If white or silver were too exciting for your sensibilities, CG comes in punching below federal minimum wage to make you re-live your daydreams of being deployed into land battle during a Russian winter. How lovely, I can taste the borscht from here.

Okay, that was my colorful (or lack of color, as it were) analogy for the day.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

man i hope the green is solid!
Sponsored