mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont like how the soft top looks when its down, all bunched/tangled up in the back. Can it be forced to lie flatter than those photos?

Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I dont like how the soft top looks when its down, all bunched/tangled up in the back. Can it be forced to lie flatter than those photos?
There's actually nothing "bunched" or "tangled." The windows have to be out to let it down in that position. It is a clean and easy operation and I for one think it looks quite appealing.

It does latch into place in the down position (on the driver's side).

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in contact with another member who is local to me and is getting it from a different dealership-his build date was the day before me, so I have a friendly bet that our Broncos are going to be on the same train next week to head to NJ.
It’s my color too. Occasionally I waver and think I should have gone for a Race Red 2 door, then the logical part of my brain kicks my lizard brain to the curb and reminds me how much I dislike red cars (no offense meant). CG 4 door BD for me! Thanks for all the pics everyone, they all look fantastic!

Sponsored

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Finally got a build date for our Cactus Gray 4dr FE! How long do you think it will be before we can view the window sticker?

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY Bronco Club 9E74AA51-3C25-44B9-B55E-827F65907297

Last edited:

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am starting to have cold feet on the CG color. This color is a mystery and I am concerned that I could end up with a catfish experience lol. I am leaning towards rapid red. I have seen it in person on the Badlands and it is spectacular without popping too much like race red. Frankly, to mix my analogies, I don't want to play Russian roulette with these color choices. Still holding out for what 2022 options will bring but if had to choose today, it would be rapid red.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am starting to have cold feet on the CG color. This color is a mystery and I am concerned that I could end up with a catfish experience lol. I am leaning towards rapid red. I have seen it in person on the Badlands and it is spectacular without popping too much like race red. Frankly, to mix my analogies, I don't want to play Russian roulette with these color choices. Still holding out for what 2022 options will bring but if had to choose today, it would be rapid red.
Cactus Gray seems to be like a chameleon depending on the light. People who’ve seen it in person absolutely love it. The CG FE i purchased is for my wife. I’ve been waiting for 25yrs for the Bronco to return and when it did, I was already in love with my 2017 F150 Platinum. I reserved the FE on day one in hopes my wife would love it…..jury is still out. If I was purchasing this for myself it would have been Lightening Blue hands down!

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am starting to have cold feet on the CG color. This color is a mystery and I am concerned that I could end up with a catfish experience lol.
Take a good look at every picture in this thread; if any of the colors of Cactus make you unhappy, you're better off not getting it. You'll be second guessing your choice from day 1 (or even before, since you're doing it now).

I'm in the group that hasn't seen a variation I can't live with, though I certainly have my favorites. I love that it is hard to pin down. It's a color that generates strong feelings both ways.