Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
maybe is a marketing play in that Fighter Jet Gray is not a good color name on a Bronco where Cactus grey is a much better name.

and the flip side is true .. why would you have Cactus grey as a color name for a sporty mustang?

perhaps these 2 colors are the same color with diff names? I hope

When the colors were first announced, Fighter Jet grey was listed. For some reason it now is listed as Cactus Grey.
Sponsored

JrShelby

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
AGAIN, for all the people claiming Jet Fighter Gray will be the same as Cactus Gray just because the color code is "NE"... Read post #203 in this thread (page 14)...

There have been no updates to the official 2021 Ford paint codes/colors since post#203

"NE" is NOT an exclusive paint code and it is NOT a unique one-off color. It does NOT guarantee that the two colors will be the same, even if they have the same 2-letter code (Ford formally uses an alpha-numeric code with letter followed by four digits, not a simple 2-letter code).
Ford has used simple 2 digit coding for paint codes since 1980. They are the same colors and Ford renames colors from Lincoln models to ford models using the same paint and paint codes all the time. D4 code was used on Cabernet Red in 1998 and now being used for Rapid Red in 2020. They will recycle paint codes when there is a long enough term since last produced.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 3AC4C741-77EA-416D-9D51-21880FAB1508

Last edited:

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cactus Gray is more powder blueish, to me.
Yes, Agree. As one who has photographed USAF fighter jets since the 1980s I agree that Cactus Gray is not close to USAF fighter gray but it is certainly a must for me. There is a bit more green hue in it. Closer to seafoam than fighter jet (IMHO) which I know will draw a debate or two.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. USAF F4D DC-1

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. USAF F15C AK HIGHRES-1

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. USAF MNANG F4D
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. USAF F16 SA-3 SIG

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see the light green hue to it. Someone mentioned mint and I can definitely see that. It is still in my top 3 because I like it and I think it is currently the best color available that plays in the EB color scheme.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford has used simple 2 digit coding for paint codes since 1980. They are the same colors and Ford renames colors from Lincoln models to ford models using the same paint and paint codes all the time. D4 code was used on Cabernet Red in 1998 and now being used for Rapid Red in 2020. They will recycle paint codes when there is a long enough term since last produced.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. USAF F16 SA-3 SIG
The factory gets away with a 2-letter code by what's in production, but the actual paint code that will be used to create the paint by body shops will have to be more accurate than that. Thus the 2-letter code is not a stable, unique ID to be used as the true paint ID.

Oh better yet, go to get some touch-up paint made and ask for "NE". When they tell you they need the actual paint ID, just tell them "NE, now!" and get impatient with them. I'm sure somebody will sprint into the back and whip up the exact color you need.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want a white top, too. I have very little interest in the black top and may be willing to cancel my build if the white top is unavailable. I'm not willing to drop $65K just to be disappointed when I look at it. I believe it's available though. It's (cactus grey/white top) the main one they've been highlighting during the launch.

Same for me. I'll wait until the white top/white grill and accents is available. Not spending the money to not be completely satisfied.

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im hoping Cactus Gray has a green hue to it. The current Bronco color selection is leaving me with a lot to be desired.
Cactus gray is definitely my favorite color offering for the Bronco. I always see it as a very light "powder green" if there is such a thing. That's the tricky part about colors though. Regardless of what the color actually is people don't necessarily perceive it the same way.

Another board member (m421) used photoshop and determined that it was a "low saturation" green which is a more accurate way to describe it (see link below).

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/cactus-gray-and-area-51.3297/

Sponsored

JrShelby

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The factory gets away with a 2-letter code by what's in production, but the actual paint code that will be used to create the paint by body shops will have to be more accurate than that. Thus the 2-letter code is not a stable, unique ID to be used as the true paint ID.

Oh better yet, go to get some touch-up paint made and ask for "NE". When they tell you they need the actual paint ID, just tell them "NE, now!" and get impatient with them. I'm sure somebody will sprint into the back and whip up the exact color you need.
I have worked at a the same ford dealership for 27 years. Started when I was 18. Worked at the detail shop subcontracted by them from 13 years old to 18 years old. If I call my body shop to have paint mixed up they ask for the 2 digit code. Period. If I go to my parts department and order brush touch paint they ask for the 2 digit code. Period. Yes there are MXXXX numbers also but primarily everyone at a ford dealership uses the 2 digit paint code. If your a customer, and want touchup paint from a ford parts counter, your only getting it if you bring your vin number in or withn the paint code found in the vehicles driver's front door jam. Period! I've even had them mix Area 51 from the paint code. Below is Twister orange (CA), Stealth grey (B9) and Magnetic (J7)

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. IMG_1662

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 8.42.35 PM.jpg

Last edited:

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have worked at a the ford dealership for 27 years. Started when I was 18. Worked at the tail shop sub contracted bt them from 13 years old to 18 years old. If I call my boss shop tp have paint mixed up the ask for the 2 digit code. Period. If I go to my parts department and order brush touch paint they ask for the 2 digit code. Period. Yes there are MXXXX numbers also but primarily everyone at a ford dealership uses the 2 digit paint code. If your a customer, and want touchup paint from a ford parts counter, your only getting it if you ping your vin number in or that [aint code found in the door jam. Period!!!!!

IMG_1662.jpg
so should we call it fighter jet grey?

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

always loved seafoam. On Fender guitars, on cups, anything. Cactus Gray is very close
You are so right! I'm aiming for the same vintage color scheme (and wouldn't mind that axe either. . . :) )

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. YFENDER58347b
Sponsored