Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah the CG on that particular vehicle looks great to me in the shots we've seen, especially with the white

But then you compare it to the color card sample and you're like WTF? Is that really the same color?
I thought through all the shots I had enough confidence in what it looked liked. Thought it looked great. Then I saw more photos and lost confidence.

Maybe by order date I'll have a better idea of what it looks like. But for now it's out.
Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I now have CG paint and it is not that green. It is a grey you can make yourself believe has green in it. With that being said, depending on primer, it may turn out that green. Ford could actually use the same color CG and FJG and slightly change the primer to get a little different look.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought through all the shots I had enough confidence in what it looked liked. Thought it looked great. Then I saw more photos and lost confidence.

Maybe by order date I'll have a better idea of what it looks like. But for now it's out.
Question. I like the white top, not sure about the body color. But here is my question about the painted top. Does anyone know if it will be metal or some other material? My concern is if a white painted top is ultimately available whether if it is not metal, if it will slowly fade, yellow or whatever over time?

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cactus Green just might have solved the world's problems

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you can make yourself believe has green in it.
Just as you can almost make yourself believe the 2-door rear seats fold flat. Or you can almost make yourself believe the MIC Grey top matches the other trim.

Or you can just be honest with yourself and recognize Ford is making a lot of unforced errors.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or you can just be honest with yourself and recognize Ford is making a lot of unforced errors.
I guess you could say that about absolutely any car ever made...more just things you would like done differently than any error....but we shall see in the first year sales whether these were actually errors. My guess the story will be “home run” v. “error”.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
[/QUOTE]
Not disagreeing. Its a grey, but they is
Just as you can almost make yourself believe the 2-door rear seats fold flat. Or you can almost make yourself believe the MIC Grey top matches the other trim.

Not backing Ford, just giving my opinion for those who are on the fence. When I heard it was primer grey, I was out. After running a sample, there not the green hue that I was hoping, but its also not primer grey. Ther is a touch of green, but I am not sure it is a true pigment, just a trick with lighting and our eye preception. If I would have to quantify it, its 99% grey, 1% green.

Again, base metal and primer can change the finished product.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think there two types of "hard top". The first is molded in color, the second is hard top modular painted. The modular has several pieces I think about five or six, which should be fairly easy for one person, two at the most I would think to manipulate. The other one, not so much. In fact I don't even know if it comes off.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there two types of "hard top". The first is molded in color, the second is hard top modular painted. The modular has several pieces I think about five or six, which should be fairly easy for one person, two at the most I would think to manipulate. The other one, not so much. In fact I don't even know if it comes off.
4-door: Molded in color is 4 pieces. Modular is 4 pieces plus removable rear quarter windows.
2-door: MIC is 3 pieces. Modular is 3 plus removable "sun roof"

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4-door: Molded in color is 4 pieces. Modular is 4 pieces plus removable rear quarter windows.
2-door: MIC is 3 pieces. Modular is 3 plus removable "sun roof"
Thanks. On the four door with modular roof, do you know whether one person can remove and replace the pieces and rear quarter windows?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. On the four door with modular roof, do you know whether one person can remove and replace the pieces and rear quarter windows?
Definitely the front two pieces. Guesses: Probably the piece over the back seat. Definitely the windows. Maybe the rear clamshell.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely the front two pieces. Guesses: Probably the piece over the back seat. Definitely the windows. Maybe the rear clamshell.
BroncoKong Jr. - you are the world's leading authority on bronco roof questions.

I ,for one ,appreciate your patience explaining it all in the various threads.