Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Found this ranger in cactus gray over the weekend. Great looking color on a truck. I was dead set on this color for the badlands but with the B&P fix for pricing I may now go wildtrak, which with the Area 51 accents, will not go well with cactus gray in my opinion.
1608582109939.jpeg
You must live close to whoever took the first pic of that thing. Looks to be the same configuration!
Sponsored

merkelsjm

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A shitty WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I now understand why creative types nerd out about the color accuracy of displays and cameras.
I guess I'm still leaning towards this color. For me, I want something that should hide Colorado pinstripes well enough and isn't white. Perhaps I'm over thinking this? Anyone have experience with Ford paint jobs and scratches from branches?

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I stopped and looked at a Bronco Sport tonight in this color. It looks great in person. Concrete gray with a hint of green in the clear coat.

my only real concern would be how well it would go with the gray MIC top, and how it would match up with Wikdtrak or OBX interior colors.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As an example - take a look at the "Grey vs Blue Stripes" section on this website - 2nd from the bottom. http://brainden.com/color-illusions.htm
Yep. Hundreds of posts and many see hint of green in the Cactus Gray color and some see no green at all. I haven't seen in person yet, but based on all the pictures, I'm betting I'll see the mint green to it. Pretty sure the "no greeners" just have a color blindness issue.

I had a friend growing up who had a VW Beatle that was clearly a dull green and he never could see it. All he could see was gray.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here's some of the first looks of Ranger in CG, to give you an idea of what the 4-door Bronco could look like with the big slab sides:

CG Ranger.jpg

CG Ranger2.jpg

Screenshot_20201219-212740.png

And another user saw the color in person so they took a pic. I like that snow is in the foreground to give some white balance to the optical sensor:
F6A26B19-D993-438C-B437-9A4CDA8BD1E8.jpeg

Plus the factory pic posted a few days back for comparison with different lighting:
Ranger in Cactus.jpg

My overall impression of this color hasn't changed in the past 2-3 months. This is the goo left in condoms. Whatever this color is trying to do, it's doing it poorly all over the board and comes up with more questions about why it is the way it is rather than appreciating the way it is. Hopefully this will be a short-lived pallet option in Ford's fleet.
Looking forward to seeing this color in person. Right now at the top of my list. It should go great with my FE Black interior. ?

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. Hundreds of posts and many see hint of green in the Cactus Gray color and some see no green at all. I haven't seen in person yet, but based on all the pictures, I'm betting I'll see the mint green to it. Pretty sure the "no greeners" just have a color blindness issue.

I had a friend growing up who had a VW Beatle that was clearly a dull green and he never could see it. All he could see was gray.
It’s more of an olive green tint in my eyes in person but your point still stands. But even still with certain lighting it becomes plain gray. Very tricky color

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When I see the Cactus Gray by it self, I'm thinking it might be to light for my taste. Then as soon as I see it next to a white vehicle it looks perfect. This week it's at the top of my list, ?
20201224_102213.jpg

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally got to see the color today on a sport. In overcast it’s definitely more minty than I’d prefer in the color. Not sure it’s my top choice anymore.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 20201224_102213
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 20201224_102213

I saw CG in person yesterday for the first time. It was partially underneath some tree shade. The part in the sun was showing lighter, almost gray while the shaded part was greener. Light definitely impacts whether it shows more or less green. I think in intense sunlight it would be virtually absent of green, basically light gray. Overcast or darkness will get you the greener effect. Something that I thought was interesting was while I took some pictures I was wearing sunglasses which I removed momentarily when I was done and when I looked at it without the darkening of the glasses it was lighter. Go figure. I think this color would look better with the black mod or gray mic than the white top which I originally wanted because there is not enough contrast between the white top and the paint.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saw ? on baby bronco today 100% in on this color.
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. FB_IMG_1608819522257

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I saw CG in person yesterday for the first time. It was partially underneath some tree shade. The part in the sun was showing lighter, almost gray while the shaded part was greener. Light definitely impacts whether it shows more or less green. I think in intense sunlight it would be virtually absent of green, basically light gray. Overcast or darkness will get you the greener effect. Something that I thought was interesting was while I took some pictures I was wearing sunglasses which I removed momentarily when I was done and when I looked at it without the darkening of the glasses it was lighter. Go figure. I think this color would look better with the black mod or gray mic than the white top which I originally wanted because there is not enough contrast between the white top and the paint.
Agree, I was never a fan of the White Hardtop with this color. I'm going Black Mod top to match the FE's black grille, mirrors and rims. Wait almost forgot, also matching Black interior, LOL

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally saw CG ?and here are some thoughts that may help others. I do recommend seeing it in person. The vehicle I saw was in mostly full sun (one side shaded). Depending upon how light is reflecting off the paint the color appearance definitely shifts from flat gray to greenish.

* in full sun up close little to no green is visible

* with some distance 10-20’ in full sun green hint seemed more apparent

*in shade at any distance the green tones are much more apparent

* with polarized glasses again in full sun green is far more apparent

* iPhone 12 pro photos all show some green tones regardless of sun or shade

take home- this color is really dynamic and really only looks like flat gray when you are very close to the vehicle. Overall it’s a winner for me!

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thwarted !

I drove to dealer that has a Cactus Gray Sport in order to see it with my own eyes, but the car was out for the day! Apparently because it's a demo model, they need 4000 miles on it before they can sell it, so they take turns driving it across the state to rack up the miles. :rolleyes:
Sponsored