Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Alright, I'm sold on the Cactus Grey, I mean, I even have a build date!!

I'm thinking about plastic dipping (white) the MIC hardtop immediately. Do you think the plasti dip will take (adhere) to that top, and possibly the handles?
I'm no plastidip expert, but have had a little experience blacking out the chrome on a 135. It doesn't last forever and dirt sticks to it. Maybe gloss coating would help, but the black I did looked good for less than a year. I imagine white will get dirty quickly. I'm afraid it'll be difficult to remove from the textured plastic. When applied properly with many coats, it supposedly pulls off more easily. That said, I ended up needing goo gone and a lot of time to get it all off my smooth chrome. Most came off in larger sections, but not all of it and little random dirty white specs would drive me crazy. Instead of going through all that hassle at least once a year, I think I'd pay a body shop to sand and paint it.

If I really wanted to try, I'd start with something small like the door handles and re-watch the videos from dipyourcar. They really emphasis the importance of multiple coats. You want the dip layered thick for your best chance of it peeling off nicely. Live with that for a couple months, see how the white ages and what it's like removing it from rough plastic surfaces.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm no plastidip expert, but have had a little experience blacking out the chrome on a 135. It doesn't last forever and dirt sticks to it. Maybe gloss coating would help, but the black I did looked good for less than a year. I imagine white will get dirty quickly. I'm afraid it'll be difficult to remove from the textured plastic. When applied properly with many coats, it supposedly pulls off more easily. That said, I ended up needing goo gone and a lot of time to get it all off my smooth chrome. Most came off in larger sections, but not all of it and little random dirty white specs would drive me crazy. Instead of going through all that hassle at least once a year, I think I'd pay a body shop to sand and paint it.

If I really wanted to try, I'd start with something small like the door handles and re-watch the videos from dipyourcar. They really emphasis the importance of multiple coats. You want the dip layered thick for your best chance of it peeling off nicely. Live with that for a couple months, see how the white ages and what it's like removing it from rough plastic surfaces.
FWIW, i've used plasti-dip to coat tool handles and it worked quite well for the application and the finish was as expected for a can of rubber.

Anyway, on cars, yea, it's not a great solution overall. You enjoy the looks for a few months and then deal with the repercussions.

Still a better plan than adopting 12 cats randomly, but not by much.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let us know how it works out. It sure would be cool to have a white top and white grille. Reminds of a pic I saw along time ago. Hint Hint Ford.
White Top Cactus Gray 2021 Bronco 4 Door 1.jpg
Anyone know the actual version of silver on the front grill here? Iconic Silver maybe?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone know the actual version of silver on the front grill here? Iconic Silver maybe?
Could be anything, including a custom 1-off spray just like the rest of the car.

Unlikely to be a factory color given that these don't go through normal channels to get built.

KSBronco73

Outer Banks
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI. Cooper S 2dr, 2017 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CG right here! OBX, 2 door, non-Sas (everyday driver for me), high pkg. Wish it came with the white roof, but then again since I'm a late res holder, it may be a choice when they get to me!

Sponsored

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any one know is there Cactus Gray spay paint available yet? I want to paint patch shackles for the front bumper. Better yet anyone know of a powder coat match?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any one know is there Cactus Gray spay paint available yet? I want to paint patch shackles for the front bumper. Better yet anyone know of a powder coat match?
idk about powder coat but there are companies who will custom make you spray paint and match Cactus Gray exactly

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
idk about powder coat but there are companies who will custom make you spray paint and match Cactus Gray exactly
I want something more durable than paint, thanks for the suggestion though.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take your Bronco to the powder coater. He should have the color swatches provided by the powder manufacturers. Likely to be something out there very close to Cactus Gray.

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up my Cactus Gray Badlands w/Sasquatch two days ago. It's getting Xpel Stealth wrap applied right now. Here are some before PPF photos.

Delivery Day 5.jpg

Delivery Day 8.jpg

Delivery Day 9.jpg

Delivery Day 11.jpg

Delivery Day 12.jpg

Delivery day 13.jpg

Delivery Day.jpg

MamaD

Badlands
First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 IH Scout 80, 48 Ford Coupe, 2014 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe international Harvestor called this color Gun Cactus Gray, not to be confused with Cactus Fighter Gray. And it definitely had a NE color code. Lol
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Delivery Day
I have a 61 Scout I'm restoring. I wish I knew the paint code for this color. Right now I'm thinking about Toyota's Lunar Rock for it.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1.) I like the steel wheels. This baby is my truck and I like the idea if her looking utilitarian.
2.) I think the subtle contrast would be sweet. My favorite early render:
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Delivery Day

3.) I'm not sure I understand what you meant about
"poser aluminum wheels trying to look like they are cheap stamped steelies". Are you referring to the aluminum, fake steelies you can get on the Bronco Sport? The stock wheels on the Base and Black Diamond are steel, not aluminum.🤔
I would chrome those steelies.
Sponsored