Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hadn't visited this thread before today, and I've been all over the place as far as colors go. Since I have a OW Mustang and a silver F-150, I kind of wanted something different. Well, I put my order in on the 20th. Badlands, 2.3, 7spd in Cactus Grey. Thanks to this thread and all the pictures, I have no idea what to expect and it is rather exciting! Seem nuts to order a vehicle sight and color unseen, but here we go!
Why wouldn't you just go see one?! https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...ectedEntity=d3094&zip=87002#listing=290419341

You'll love it though. It's an awesome colour.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
^^ Rejoice! Off white.

What Bronco was lacking was only having a single white. Because having two black, red and silver paint colors was the bees knees.

F150 has the Bronco licked with THREE white paint options. For MY22 I predict Ford removing Race Red, Rapid Red, Cyber Orange and A51, replacing them all with shades of white, black or silver.

Never forget it was the great Henry Ford who once said

"You can have a car in any color you want. As long as it's white, off white, pearl white, light silver, medium silver, dark silver, gray, dark gray, asphalt gray, off black, dark black or medium black".

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For your enjoyment. Shot these at the local dealer on Friday. A bit overcast and late afternoon. One on the sunny side and one on the shady side.

Ranger CG Sun.jpg

Ranger CG Shade.jpg

Sponsored

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve looked at a CG Ranger in every possible light with the exception of moonlight without an overhead (dealers keep those on of course). Indoors, out in sun, shade, cloud, dusk and night. Impressions:

1. You can always see a green tint if you try. It’s most prevalent in full sun, but far from as electric as the B&P picture.

2. The contrast with a black grill is sexy. I think it will look fantastic with a shadow black mod top. I’m less convinced with the MIC top. The gray is more shiny than I was expecting.

3. You can get a hint of blue when it’s cloudy. I didn’t see it at dusk or in outright shade. But when clouds showed up, a bit of blue emerges.

4. I wouldn’t paint the roof. This color is best with some contrast. I’d even be a bit nervous about painted fenders of the outer banks. The black contrast is where CG shines.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve looked at a CG Ranger in every possible light with the exception of moonlight without an overhead (dealers keep those on of course). Indoors, out in sun, shade, cloud, dusk and night. Impressions:

1. You can always see a green tint if you try. It’s most prevalent in full sun, but far from as electric as the B&P picture.

2. The contrast with a black grill is sexy. I think it will look fantastic with a shadow black mod top. I’m less convinced with the MIC top. The gray is more shiny than I was expecting.

3. You can get a hint of blue when it’s cloudy. I didn’t see it at dusk or in outright shade. But when clouds showed up, a bit of blue emerges.

4. I wouldn’t paint the roof. This color is best with some contrast. I’d even be a bit nervous about painted fenders of the outer banks. The black contrast is where CG shines.
If I go with CG it's white top. I stay mic with A51. Still a toss up between the 2.

Screenshot_20201123-090713~2.jpg

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I go with CG it's white top. I stay mic with A51. Still a toss up between the 2.

Screenshot_20201123-090713~2.jpg
yes, white top with CG should be a home run. My point about painting was meant to refer to a CG color painted top. I think that will look worse than just keeping it black.

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am supposed to place my order tomorrow and wanted to checkout a CG prior to booking it. I like this, but I was really hoping it resembled the B&P color more.

This Ranger doesn't have the contrast the Bronco will have (roof, fenders, wider grill etc) and so I think this truck has too much CG and is too bland.

I was hoping that seeing this in person would help...it did not.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. PXL_20210124_183128915
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. PXL_20210124_183213063

Sponsored

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am supposed to place my order tomorrow and wanted to checkout a CG prior to booking it. I like this, but I was really hoping it resembled the B&P color more.

This Ranger doesn't have the contrast the Bronco will have (roof, fenders, wider grill etc) and so I think this truck has too much CG and is too bland.

I was hoping that seeing this in person would help...it did not.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. PXL_20210124_183213063
Ha--I was at Crossroads this morning too, mainly to look at the Cyber Orange Ranger.
Took these pics at 8:30, some in full sunshine. That's a Lightning Blue Ranger to the left in the first pic. In the full sun, the subtle "mint green" was visible. For the last pic, I zoomed-in to snap a photo of the CG Ranger body panel in full sun. But neither my phone or laptop display it the way I viewed it.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. IMG_3727.JPG

IMG_3728.JPG

IMG_3731.JPG

IMG_3729.JPG

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having trouble finding a good picture of a 4 door, MIC, Sasquatch wheels with silver beauty rings. Does it exist?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ha--I was at Crossroads this morning too, mainly to look at the Cyber Orange Ranger.
Took these pics at 8:30, some in full sunshine. That's a Lightning Blue Ranger to the left in the first pic. In the full sun, the subtle "mint green" was visible. For the last pic, I zoomed-in to snap a photo of the CG Ranger body panel in full sun. But neither my phone or laptop display it the way I viewed it.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. IMG_3729.JPG

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. IMG_3729.JPG

Small world...do you live in Apex?

I really wanted to like the CG in person, so I was disappointed. I will likely get the Area 51.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s interesting how we all perceive the color. I see a ton of green in pictures and none in person. My wife sees green in both. I am building a Bronco model and tried to match my order. On the color chart it’s pretty close, laid on the plastic and dried not so much. I love the model color ? MIC top color is closer than the Cactus Gray.
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. A15B5EB2-13B3-4222-9493-8E0B1DE3EA44