Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to Ford's website for the 2021 Ranger, the bumper and fender trim is still Magnetic. This is slightly surprising as Magnetic was replaced with Carbonized Gray in Ford's fleetwide color pallet, leading me to believe that painting these components is done with the part maker instead of at the factory.

1613598955196.png

My personal feelings on Cactus Gray as it appears on the Ranger is that it's not a very complimentary color. More of a "mushroom" color than anything else and the Magnetic trim detracts from what color is actually in that paint which doesn't bode well for Bronco and the MIC top. I do freely admit to bias against the "melted crayon" styles of paint. They lack depth and visual appeal in exchange for a drab, flat, featureless blob of color with cheesy overly-glossy clear coat that does absolutely nothing to increase the visual interest of the color.
Is that only on the Sport appearance package? The Ranger above has what looks to be a very dark gray or black trim. It's also the "STX" trim and I don't remember if you could get the SAP on that trim. either way, I think CG looks good with the dark trim on the Ranger and the non-color matched roof, Bronco Sport. I also don'f perceive the color melted crayon at all, it actually has quite a variety of color variance, including a lot of green and blue, which is somewhat frustrating to me, because the green is not pleasing to my eye, the gray and blue is.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is that only on the Sport appearance package? The Ranger above has what looks to be a very dark gray or black trim. It's also the "STX" trim and I don't remember if you could get the SAP on that trim. either way, I think CG looks good with the dark trim on the Ranger and the non-color matched roof, Bronco Sport. I also don'f perceive the color melted crayon at all, it actually has quite a variety of color variance, including a lot of green and blue, which is somewhat frustrating to me, because the green is not pleasing to my eye, the gray and blue is.
The Rangers I quoted had Sport Appearance Package. There is also the "I think murdered out looks cool" appearance package which adds gloss black trim to the center bumper, mirror caps, door handles and a few other areas.

The easiest way to tell is the mirror caps. If they are matte black plastic, it's a lower spec XT package. Gloss black mirrors is any other trim with the black appearance package. Painted mirrors is anything else, but painted fender lips with color matched mirrors = sport package.

The "melted crayon" is that the paint itself is lifeless. Sure the color has some variation, but it lacks thecolor variance (shade, gradient, highlight) which gives visual depth and character to paint and replaces it with..... a melted crayon.

Example below of my Mazda6 after a detail. Sure the clear is glossy, as is the case with Cactus Gray, but the color practically sings a tune with it's character and variety of pleasing shapes/shades and shadowing.
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. post-detail

What CG brings is.... whatever this is attempting to be. Once you look past the fake gloss, all you're left with is featureless, lifeless, melted crayon wax.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 41FDDE76-4C09-46C7-8D20-76C342E3F4DB

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

According to Ford's website for the 2021 Ranger, the bumper and fender trim is still Magnetic. This is slightly surprising as Magnetic was replaced with Carbonized Gray in Ford's fleetwide color pallet, leading me to believe that painting these components is done with the part maker instead of at the factory.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 41FDDE76-4C09-46C7-8D20-76C342E3F4DB

My personal feelings on Cactus Gray as it appears on the Ranger is that it's not a very complimentary color. More of a "mushroom" color than anything else and the Magnetic trim detracts from what color is actually in that paint which doesn't bode well for Bronco and the MIC top. I do freely admit to bias against the "melted crayon" styles of paint. They lack depth and visual appeal in exchange for a drab, flat, featureless blob of color with cheesy overly-glossy clear coat that does absolutely nothing to increase the visual interest of the color.
Sounds like someone is leaning towards Cyber Orange.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sounds like someone is leaning towards Cyber Orange.
It's a good color for sure. But I already have a tri-coat vehicle. And a Lightning Blue Ranger. So that only leaves one actual color in the Bronco lineup (MY21). Potentially a green paint option for MY22 if my order gets pushed back. Sad to say the color pallet for Bronco is severally lacking in creativity and spirit. Something that I hadn't guessed Ford lost it's ability to do yet here we are.

FWIW, I was an early passenger for the CG bandwagon back when it looked like this: (Even with it's melty crayon paint, the color was so gorgeous, plucky and fun that it brightened my mood every time I saw it)

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. bingo

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 2021 Ford Bronco Employee Roundup 117467227_655201575182640_3226994505222005227_n

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 7D775A4B-5CFD-4495-9511-54372C9A5CBA

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's a good color for sure. But I already have a tri-coat vehicle. And a Lightning Blue Ranger. So that only leaves one actual color in the Bronco lineup (MY21). Potentially a green paint option for MY22 if my order gets pushed back. Sad to say the color pallet for Bronco is severally lacking in creativity and spirit. Something that I hadn't guessed Ford lost it's ability to do yet here we are.

FWIW, I was an early passenger for the CG bandwagon back when it looked like this: (Even with it's melty crayon paint, the color was so gorgeous, plucky and fun that it brightened my mood every time I saw it)

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 7D775A4B-5CFD-4495-9511-54372C9A5CBA

What color are you leaning towards and how do like your LB Ranger ? I order Lightning Blue FE and wife ordered a Cactus Gray FE. I'm still trying to talk her into the Rapid Red FE which would of been my second choice. Great pic of Rapid Red compliments of BN.
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 33B8821C-82E7-42AB-A6DA-4637E8D9D756

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What color are you leaning towards and how do like your LB Ranger ? I order Lightning Blue FE and wife ordered a Cactus Gray FE. I'm still trying to talk her into the Rapid Red FE which would of been my second choice. Great pic of Rapid Red compliments of BN.
Took the conversation to PM as the answers are off topic for this thread. :)

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. PXL_20210217_235731692

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. PXL_20210217_235731692

Can you confirm that the color has changed (ie new paint code)?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you confirm that the color has changed (ie new paint code)?
There is no paint code for the massively pre-production one-off, hand painted, hand mixed color used on the showcase vehicle.

But I bet the interior will be a production option.... 🤪😜😝😛🤔😥

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
More assumptions 🤷‍♂️
Levine has confirmed in his Twatter account that it's not production. Might be in this thread somewhere. I don't use those sites so you can dig it up to publically shame me if you like. I'm sure you lurked here long enough before posting to recall the threads/topics about CG going through changes from showcase models to production.

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Levine has confirmed in his Twatter account that it's not production. Might be in this thread somewhere. I don't use those sites so you can dig it up to publically shame me if you like. I'm sure you lurked here long enough before posting to recall the threads/topics about CG going through changes from showcase models to production.
I had no ill intentions, just trying to verify information is all. I was unaware of any post Levine made confirming that.

Thanks for clearing it up🍻

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had no ill intentions, just trying to verify information is all. I was unaware of any post Levine made confirming that.

Thanks for clearing it up🍻
Trust me, if the Showcase model paint was OEM factory for what Cactus Gray is in production, i'd be allllllllll over that.

I was absolutely miffed at seeing the paint book in person the day they hit local dealerships. (September of last year)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...blue-cactus-gray-cyber-orange-rapid-red.5564/

PS: Totally down for a 🍺!

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Figured I would drop these photos here as well. I got a quick look at a Cactus Gray two-door and loved it! All my doubts about the color are now gone and I plan to call my dealer this week to make the change.

I should have trusted my gut from the beginning! I like it so much more on a Bronco than a Bronco Sport. Here's my original thread if you haven't already seen it!

You can see a little bit of the flop from greenish to gray when comparing the driver to passenger side photos. They are fairly close to what I saw in person, but the one of the rear is a bit washed out. I have seen the color look lighter like that, but it didn't really look that light today.

ay-badlands-sasquatch-with-fastback-soft-top-2-jpg.jpg
ay-badlands-sasquatch-with-fastback-soft-top-3-jpg.jpg
ay-badlands-sasquatch-with-fastback-soft-top-4-jpg.jpg
ay-badlands-sasquatch-with-fastback-soft-top-5-jpg.jpg
ay-badlands-sasquatch-with-fastback-soft-top-6-jpg.jpg

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I came across some different information today on how different people are green.

I'm in a Facebook group that tracks the northern lights. The discussion from last night's northern lights appearance was how some saw them to be white, while to others, (like me) they were most definitely bright green. Some had confused them for clouds while others couldn't believe how they would confuse something bright green as a cloud. Interesting discussion.

The other thing was that even the people that see them as white in person will see them as green on their camera screens and in photos.

It was funny to see basically the same "wtf?! It's green!!!" debate about a totally different subject. Pretty clear that our eyes pick up greens differently.

I still think both are green, and anyone who says otherwise, is wrong. ;)
Sponsored