Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

JBnKC

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just thought I would add another pic to show CG on cloudy day. I really like it

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, I'm sold on the Cactus Grey, I mean, I even have a build date!!

I'm thinking about plastic dipping (white) the MIC hardtop immediately. Do you think the plasti dip will take (adhere) to that top, and possibly the handles?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm thinking about plastic dipping (white) the MIC hardtop immediately. Do you think the plasti dip will take (adhere) to that top, and possibly the handles?
I'd let some other Yahoo do it first. That's a pretty expensive piece to fuck up if it doesn't go well.

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd let some other Yahoo do it first. That's a pretty expensive piece to fuck up if it doesn't go well.
Agreed. It does seem low risk, though, seeing that plasti dip is (supposedly) easy to remove.

I would hate myself if it turned out like crap and stayed that way. haha

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Agreed. It does seem low risk, though, seeing that plasti dip is (supposedly) easy to remove.

I would hate myself if it turned out like crap and stayed that way. haha
Let us know how it works out. It sure would be cool to have a white top and white grille. Reminds of a pic I saw along time ago. Hint Hint Ford.
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. White Top Cactus Gray 2021 Bronco 4 Door 1

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let us know how it works out. It sure would be cool to have a white top and white grille. Reminds of a pic I saw along time ago. Hint Hint Ford.
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. White Top Cactus Gray 2021 Bronco 4 Door 1
Yeah buddy, that's the one. I like the trail sites too!

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*plasti dip

Damn auto-fuck up

llanier44

Black Diamond
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 FX4; 2007 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My BD 4 door is scheduled for July 19. Two things I REALLY, REALLY want is is a white top and argent stamped steel wheels... much like the 2 door pic above. I settled on the MIC top and the black stamped steel rims. I love the throwback look and Cactus Gray is the closest to an "old school" looking color in my opinion. I would also consider white rims to go wayyyy back.

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the white on the Heritage Edition with the green paint. Especially the poser aluminum wheels trying to look like they are cheap stamped steelies

With CG... not enough contrast to pull of the top and grille in my eyes. The white door handles on the concept look weird too. I prefer the black roof/grille/trim.

I also don't care for the spare tire looking stamped steel wheel options. If they would have gone like wagon wheels or something they would look a lot better.

Wife wanted a Black Diamond, I mentioned saving a grand with the steelies "they look like old minivan wheels that are missing the hubcaps" :ROFLMAO:

Alrightly then, another grand it is. 🤷‍♂️ And since you can get any color wheel you want as long as you want black you still won't be able to make them out half the time when you look at the car anyway.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the white on the Heritage Edition with the green paint. Especially the poser aluminum wheels trying to look like they are cheap stamped steelies

With CG... not enough contrast to pull of the top and grille in my eyes. The white door handles on the concept look weird too. I prefer the black roof/grille/trim.

I also don't care for the spare tire looking stamped steel wheel options. If they would have gone like wagon wheels or something they would look a lot better.

Wife wanted a Black Diamond, I mentioned saving a grand with the steelies "they look like old minivan wheels that are missing the hubcaps" :ROFLMAO:

Alrightly then, another grand it is. 🤷‍♂️ And since you can get any color wheel you want as long as you want black you still won't be able to make them out half the time when you look at the car anyway.
1.) I like the steel wheels. This baby is my truck and I like the idea if her looking utilitarian.
2.) I think the subtle contrast would be sweet. My favorite early render:
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 20210601_120444

3.) I'm not sure I understand what you meant about
"poser aluminum wheels trying to look like they are cheap stamped steelies". Are you referring to the aluminum, fake steelies you can get on the Bronco Sport? The stock wheels on the Base and Black Diamond are steel, not aluminum.🤔

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 20210601_120444
The trail guides, tow hooks and bronco letters look white to me, but the grille appears silver. Either way it is a great looking rig!

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My BD 4 door is scheduled for July 19. Two things I REALLY, REALLY want is is a white top and argent stamped steel wheels... much like the 2 door pic above. I settled on the MIC top and the black stamped steel rims. I love the throwback look and Cactus Gray is the closest to an "old school" looking color in my opinion. I would also consider white rims to go wayyyy back.
I'm thinking I'm going to be MY22 at this point, so waiting to see if a white top becomes an option and would love white wheels to match ... Although, as many others have pointed out, anything new seems like adding more risk of a delay.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1.) I like the steel wheels. This baby is my truck and I like the idea if her looking utilitarian.
That is great! If it was for me I would have puffed canned them something other than black or silver and ran 'em until something better came along. Probably white... I don't know.

The offset kinda goofs up my usual go to wheel options.

2.) I think the subtle contrast would be sweet. My favorite early render:
20210601_120444.jpg
That is much better, the concept with the white top had a lot more white too it. That is much more subtle.

3.) I'm not sure I understand what you meant about
"poser aluminum wheels trying to look like they are cheap stamped steelies". Are you referring to the aluminum, fake steelies you can get on the Bronco Sport? The stock wheels on the Base and Black Diamond are steel, not aluminum.🤔
The Heritage render from awhile ago with the fake steel wheels, kind of tongue in cheek after the better part of a century of steel wheels trying to look like aluminum wheels now we have aluminum wheels trying to look like steel.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. edition-comes-to-life-in-nocturnal-render-160640-7
Sponsored