First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I placed my initial order, I was excited about cactus grey. It looked to me kind of like the sage green (sort of) used by the US Forest Service. I love that sage color. Anyway, it was always my impression that CG would be available on all models but I see now that it is not. This was really disappointing to me since I want my pre-retirement rig to be perfect. However, after reading the threads, I wonder if CG is actually as 'green' as it looks in the initial photos. If it's more grey than plant colored, well, I might have to reconsider. Regardless, I don't understand why Ford wouldn't make the color available for all trim levels. Jeep does this same game with their unique colors -- only making it available on higher end packages. I'm not going to spend an extra $10k on features I don't want just to get a body color. (My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I searched but didn't find anything specifically on this topic of why CG is not available on the base trim.)
Sponsored

FF440Andrew

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you have a Ford dealer near you, search their inventory and see if they have any Bronco Sports or 2021 Ranger’s in cactus gray. You really need to see it with your own eyes. When I saw it in real life I think it is best described as 99% gray with 1% green. My wife only see’s gray. Either way you don’t see near as much green as the build and price tools shows.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you scroll down below the last comment in this thread you will find an unlimited number of threads with research and analysis done by other members here on Cactus Grey. You may find an answer to your question there.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I placed my initial order, I was excited about cactus grey. It looked to me kind of like the sage green (sort of) used by the US Forest Service. I love that sage color. Anyway, it was always my impression that CG would be available on all models but I see now that it is not. This was really disappointing to me since I want my pre-retirement rig to be perfect. However, after reading the threads, I wonder if CG is actually as 'green' as it looks in the initial photos. If it's more grey than plant colored, well, I might have to reconsider. Regardless, I don't understand why Ford wouldn't make the color available for all trim levels. Jeep does this same game with their unique colors -- only making it available on higher end packages. I'm not going to spend an extra $10k on features I don't want just to get a body color. (My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I searched but didn't find anything specifically on this topic of why CG is not available on the base trim.)
I have seen it on person and in the color book. We all perceive colors differently, but it is very much gray and very little green when not altered by our phone cameras and device displays.

Sponsored
OP
OP

EdNewcomer

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
THANKS EVERYONE! I appreciate these very nice replies. I could have sworn that when I 'built' mine for the first day orders that I specified a base model in CG. Anyway, maybe Ford will read this and reconsider offering CG to those of us who want a base model bang up Bronco. I've done some more snooping on the forum and there are some great comparisons of the paint. It looks cool to me but I'll have to see in person. I don't think any dealers in Los Angeles have them, yet, but I'll check this weekend.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went to my local Ford Dealer today to get ahold of this Cactus Grey/A51 debate that my brain is having all day...everyday. It was on a Sport with lots of black ext. accent trims and brown leather seats......and the color was a lot more muted grey than I preferred. I want that sage (light mint green, or very light green/blue color).....but with the black trims I was not as gungho. I think it is because I always see the Pre Production Bronco supposedly Cactus Grey (Heritage rumor) that has the white trims and MGV seats.......and I think that is the coolest Bronco I have ever seen (besides the Filson Bronco).

As of todays view of the Cactus Grey.....I'm leaning a little more A51.......but who knows......it will change....

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you have a Ford dealer near you, search their inventory and see if they have any Bronco Sports or 2021 Ranger’s in cactus gray. You really need to see it with your own eyes. When I saw it in real life I think it is best described as 99% gray with 1% green. My wife only see’s gray. Either way you don’t see near as much green as the build and price tools shows.
Exactly

Sponsored
OP
OP

EdNewcomer

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went to my local Ford Dealer today to get ahold of this Cactus Grey/A51 debate that my brain is having all day...everyday. It was on a Sport with lots of black ext. accent trims and brown leather seats......and the color was a lot more muted grey than I preferred. I want that sage (light mint green, or very light green/blue color).....but with the black trims I was not as gungho. I think it is because I always see the Pre Production Bronco supposedly Cactus Grey (Heritage rumor) that has the white trims and MGV seats.......and I think that is the coolest Bronco I have ever seen (besides the Filson Bronco).

As of todays view of the Cactus Grey.....I'm leaning a little more A51.......but who knows......it will change....

Well, very interesting. Thanks. I might go back to my trusted white with those awesome basic steel rims. I just came back from living in Africa, which is rife with the most awesome base model 4x4's and most of them are white.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was torn between CG and A51 until I saw CG in person. Not worth it just to get that exact moment where the sun hits it just right and while looking at it from that one specific angle just to get a hint of green.
Now A51 with aspirations of white top, fenders and custom stripe.

OP
OP

EdNewcomer

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, interesting side question... Anyone heard whether a hard top painted to match the body will be available on the base? I'm guessing not.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was torn between CG and A51 until I saw CG in person. Not worth it just to get that exact moment where the sun hits it just right and while looking at it from that one specific angle just to get a hint of green.
Now A51 with aspirations of white top, fenders and custom stripe.
Yes....White Top!!!!!

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just took a walk over to my dealer to get a CG at night picture, none in stock but A51 and Oxford white look nice

IMG_20210114_192746.jpg

IMG_20210114_192802.jpg

IMG_20210114_192952.jpg
Sponsored