DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What would be cool is if you could tie the tune to the different GOAT Modes instead of just throttle response. @Ford Motor Company you listening
yes! The Subaru STi has SI drive which is a wheel that lets you pick I, sport or Sport # and that changes throttle. I always drive in Sport #. Tuners will use that SI drive wheel to select different maps so on a built tuned car for example, sport sharp can be your 30 psi 500 whp map, Sport might be tuned down to 400 whp or whatever and you can just turn the wheel to select.
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not my video or Bronco just sharing with the group to see if anyone in the US was doing this type of tuning.
Lol. We are. Weā€™re just going to Canada to do it. Besides that every Tom dick and harry vendor on here has the same parts and tunes available. Pretty much lowest price wins for that.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 door 2.3 Badlands 7MT is pretty peppy with the Ford Performance tune and pedal commander but nothing will beat a custom tune whether itā€™s 2.7 or 2.3. Iā€™ve had turbo Subarus since 2007 and all of them were custom dyno tuned after parts installed. Iā€™m wonder WHY there are no (or very minima)downpipes, injectors, intercoolers, or fuel pumps on the market right now for Broncos. I see the results tuners get with the Ecoboost Mustang 2.3 and other 2.7 EBs and not much has been done with the Bronco. Why?

I think my 2 door would be insanely fun with an extra 100 Hp and Torque or whatever, multiple tunes for off-road vs highway etc.
Downpipes is a instant warranty void. Donā€™t think most will make the jump until they get close to end of warranty. Takes a special kind of stupid to put those on before 5k. I did mine at 4700.

That extra 100 horse is a riot on the pavement. I want to feel what the extra 200 horse is like. Truck crawls a lot better with the extra torque. Damn near effortless.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pain in the ass to get and makes to big of a gap to use octane booster.

I carry 2 bottles of booster as it is incase of a station that only has 89.
Most stations don't have a dedicated 89 tank. If they're out of 93 they're probably out of 89 because they blend 87/93 at the pump to make 89. If they do happen to have a dedicated 89 tank it's probably old/stale.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most stations don't have a dedicated 89 tank. If they're out of 93 they're probably out of 89 because they blend 87/93 at the pump to make 89. If they do happen to have a dedicated 89 tank it's probably old/stale.
Around me in michigan some have 93. Some 91. Some stations up north top out at 89. Pretty much for up north remote locations. Or if they just have 89 clear/Rec. Had the same issue with my x3 upnorth.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Downpipes is a instant warranty void. Donā€™t think most will make the jump until they get close to end of warranty. Takes a special kind of stupid to put those on before 5k. I did mine at 4700.

That extra 100 horse is a riot on the pavement. I want to feel what the extra 200 horse is like. Truck crawls a lot better with the extra torque. Damn near effortless.
Im of the opinion that if you mod the car and it breaks, youā€™re on the hook to pay the same X amount to fix it whether itā€™s in warranty or out of warranty so you might as well do it early on while you still like the vehicle and arenā€™t getting bored. Also, newer the vehicle the more likely it is to hold up to the extra powerā€¦. Maybe. I do like to wait about 5k miles to see if thereā€™s any gremlins or known issues. Bronco is different because itā€™s a new platform and want to see some tuners mod them firstšŸ˜€

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What I find interesting from watching this is that at no point do they show any type of software or hardware being used to tune the vehicle with. No flashing the vehicle with a device or computer is seen at all.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

curious what octane the guy in the video is running.. .that's an important factor. here in CA , we can't get higher than 91 - and you still need to get a home equity loan to afford that LOL

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you go to the website they have pricing, info, and check list on it. You can also schedule a tune appointment

This is the first cracked tune. Sure others will be offering a chip later this year. Problem with the chip is itā€™s a generic tune where this one is tuned for your specific vehicle and parts. Dyno tune will always be safer and better than a tune box or chip.

I just was emailed last night the last 2 pieces of my performance upgrade shipped. Should have them next Tuesday. If the truck runs for a couple weeks with no codes I will be headed to Canada to get it tuned by then. Will probably have to change the plugs before I go.
With the extensive list of performance parts you have installed it will be interesting to see the numbers. Not sure what it takes to get a video put together or if youā€™re interested in that but take some snap shots of the dyno info if you can. They didnā€™t mention it but do they hopefully tune the transmission and torque management a bit too?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Around me in michigan some have 93. Some 91. Some stations up north top out at 89. Pretty much for up north remote locations. Or if they just have 89 clear/Rec. Had the same issue with my x3 upnorth.
89/90 no ethanol makes sense. Most pipeline gasoline is now 84 octane and blended with ethanol to 87 or 93 pump rating. Obviously varies by region though.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the extensive list of performance parts you have installed it will be interesting to see the numbers. Not sure what it takes to get a video put together or if youā€™re interested in that but take some snap shots of the dyno info if you can. They didnā€™t mention it but do they hopefully tune the transmission and torque management a bit too?
We will get the numbers from the parts with no tune for the base line. And thatā€™s the bolt ons that are available for all of us.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We will get the numbers from the parts with no tune for the base line. And thatā€™s the bolt ons that are available for all of us.
Iā€™d be interest in both before and after if you end up getting a tune. You donā€™t have to post it publicly. Iā€™m sure we will meet at one of these events.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More power to you šŸ¤Ŗ I donā€™t want to give reason to deny (extended) warranty if my July 2021 built 2.7L Bronco drops a valve. Iā€™ve heavily modded & tuned previous Mustangs, etc, but Iā€™m keeping this powertrain stock.

Last edited:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More power to you šŸ¤Ŗ I donā€™t want to give reason to deny (extended) warranty if my July 2021 built 2.7L Bronco drops a valve. Iā€™ve heavily modded & tuned previous Mustangs, etc, but Iā€™m keeping this powertrain stock.
You put another 100 horse to the wheels itā€™s just like driving a x3. Least in a 2 door.

Sheā€™s not a race car like a mustang thatā€™s for sure. Plenty capable of embarrassing most cars at the 30-50 mark if theyā€™re not ready for it. Thatā€™s the fun part.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I carry 2 bottles of booster as it is incase of a station that only has 89.
"Wish we had 93 here in Nevada, would be awesome to see how different our vehicles would run.
Sponsored