Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is an example of what irritates reservation holders (from another thread posted within the last day). This person's order occurred a year after reservations opened and he already has a build date -- many of us day 1 & 2 reservation holders still do not have a build date or a VIN.

4-door OBX | 2.4 | MIC| Metallic Gray | High Package | Leather roasted seats | No reservation but ordered from dealer 07/12/21 | conversion re-ordered into 2022 on 10/18/21 | Build date 1/24/21 with a Vin number too. 🤞🤞🤞🤞
As pissed a I am about Ford changing the allocation formula to punish Granger, Stephens, and Chapam, I can't imagine how much more pissed I would be if I were in your shoes Brian. There is absolutely no excuse for even the first week of reservations not being filled already.

Oh well, stayed pumped, and enjoy that new calender. :)
Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just cancel if you’re that bitter. Gezz a black swan supply chain event and no one thinks Ford cares. They don’t have to send this stuff out.
Thanks for the suggestion ... I guess you misjudged the depth of my frustration. Clearly commodity supply is an issue, it also appears that Ford's allocation scheme is exacerbating the problem. The first is not as much in their control as the second?

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As pissed a I am about Ford changing the allocation formula to punish Granger, Stephens, and Chapam, I can't imagine how much more pissed I would be if I were in your shoes Brian. There is absolutely no excuse for even the first week of reservations not being filled already.

Oh well, stayed pumped, and enjoy that new calender. :)
Here's an analysis I've been doing, can't say the Estimated Dirt Mountain is super accurate, but hopefully by keeping the same method MOM it can reveal something:

Ford Bronco Calendar gift received from Ford, with invite to satisfaction survey - Here's the Link 🔗 1638642784200

The key assumption is that production for any month does not include fixed work in process (Dirt Mountain) for the previous month); this assumption might act to overstate production. I will admit the Dirt Mountain numbers look high though falling.

Cheers.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here is an example of what irritates reservation holders (from another thread posted within the last day). This person's order occurred a year after reservations opened and he already has a build date -- many of us day 1 & 2 reservation holders still do not have a build date or a VIN.

4-door OBX | 2.4 | MIC| Metallic Gray | High Package | Leather roasted seats | No reservation but ordered from dealer 07/12/21 | conversion re-ordered into 2022 on 10/18/21 | Build date 1/24/21 with a Vin number too. 🤞🤞🤞🤞
*THIS* should have been our pitchforks & torches moment.

No matter all the gray areas between excusable/inexcusable actions of Ford & scummy dealerships since July 2019, this absolutely should have fallen across the line to where NO ONE (except Miracle Max) is alright with this.

R5p9G94.gif

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Calendar gift received from Ford, with invite to satisfaction survey - Here's the Link 🔗 2021-12-04_10-50-58

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got my calendar and they forgot to include September & October. FFS they cant even get this right! 😡

Notice there's no orange sun. 🙃

Ford Bronco Calendar gift received from Ford, with invite to satisfaction survey - Here's the Link 🔗 Bronco Calendar

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just got my calendar and they forgot to include September & October. FFS they cant even get this right! 😡

Ford Bronco Calendar gift received from Ford, with invite to satisfaction survey - Here's the Link 🔗 Bronco Calendar

That's because September, and October are on constraint. With the new allocation formula they won't be available until MY '24.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford sent a fun little calendar. As a 7-14 reservation holder I'd rather have my Bronco. However...

Here is what is important. They included a link to a satisfaction survey. Please take the time to complete the survey to let them know orders should be fulfilled in reservation order.

Each piece of thick paper represents a month. It's kind of cute with some hidden Easter eggs. With that said, I would rather have my own Bronco... with it's own Easter eggs, having reserved on 7-14.

Thanks for the link. Complete!!!

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe that’s your hidden Easter egg. You will get your bronco then and won’t need to count the days anymore.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe that’s your hidden Easter egg. You will get your bronco then and won’t need to count the days anymore.
Let's hope. With my luck that's when they're raising the price for '23 and no more price protection. 😭

Sponsored

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford sent a fun little calendar. As a 7-14 reservation holder I'd rather have my Bronco. However...

Here is what is important. They included a link to a satisfaction survey. Please take the time to complete the survey to let them know orders should be fulfilled in reservation order.

Each piece of thick paper represents a month. It's kind of cute with some hidden Easter eggs. With that said, I would rather have my own Bronco... with it's own Easter eggs, having reserved on 7-14.

Does the calendar have Bronco scheduling days highlighted so those of us waiting know not to plan anything important those days?

OP
OP
babraunagel

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the calendar have Bronco scheduling days highlighted so those of us waiting know not to plan anything important those days?
Nope. 😭

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my response, copied from another thread. I responded as it related to my experience so didn't mention any of the quality issues, or the people being stuck in production purgatory. I did want to give them credit for trying to send out some swag to people, but that thought got lost in the shuffle and it was long-winded enough already.

What is primarily causing this feeling?
In a few words? Failure to deliver on up-front assurances. There was a very simple statement offered up at the launch that appeared to be a core principle: “All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.” It was echoed in further Ford public statements: "With regards to building stock units, we said we would prioritize building reservation orders before stock orders as long as there are parts available to build reserved Broncos." Ford has failed to live up to this principle.

If it was a matter of parts constraints it would be understandable. However, as time goes on, it has become obvious this is not the case. Terms on the website were quietly updated to include language about “regional dealership availability”—no communication was sent to reservation holders about this change. That action tells me it was known there was a problem and a conscious choice was made to leave consumers in the dark.

Broncos, with constrained parts, are being built for customers without reservations. People lucky enough to walk into the “right” dealer can just walk in, order, and get scheduled while others who have waited over 500 days continue to wait. This is in stark contrast with the original promise, both in spirit and as clearly written.

What would help make it a better journey to delivery date?
It’s simple, live up to your initial promise. At the very least an acknowledgment that Ford didn’t really think this through along with finding an equitable solution. The only response I’ve seen from Ford on the allocation vs. timestamp issue is repeated reminders of the updated language and a nebulous suggestion to switch dealers as we approach the 1 ½ year mark. No acknowledgment that consumers were misled. No recognition that the current distribution method requires either sheer luck or the ability to interpret an arcane allocation formula dependent on inaccessible data. Nothing to indicate Ford even sees this as a problem or spent any time trying to find a solution. I fully acknowledge I may be wrong. It could be that dedicated people agonized over ways to make this right. However, without any communication, we’re left to make assumptions based on the data we have available.

Additionally, I don’t want to switch my dealer; I’ve already had to do that once. I tried the dealer that was recommended to me and they wouldn’t agree to the price and submitted my order even when I specifically told them not to. I did my due diligence and found a dealer that would deal with me honestly and easily with signed purchase agreements. I had to work through the Ford Bronco contact center to get a new reservation created and adjust my timestamp to the original value. I didn’t do so without concerns, but each time I came back to that initial assurance: that my timestamp is my place in line, and reservations would be built before stock units. That assurance is what convinced me that it was safe to make the switch, something I never expected I would need to do.

Please share any further recommendations, thoughts or frustrations.
Ford is doing a lot of things right. They have a compelling vehicle lineup and the demand for them is apparent. It wasn’t until recently that I’ve really considered buying a Ford. The Bronco announcement was really the catalyst for my new interest in the brand. After my reservation, it led me to the Maverick and the new Mach-E. Ultimately it led me to purchase a new Ranger Tremor while I patiently waited for more news on the Bronco. I think it’s a great truck, almost to the point where I was questioning my Bronco order! But, when I drive it, I can’t help but think of this Bronco experience. It might not be fair or logical that I make this association, but there it is.

I want Ford to stand by its products. I want to pass on what I love about my Ranger, the Bronco (hopefully), and maybe even the Mach-E someday. But I can’t do that if Ford can’t stand by what they say, the promises they make. In the end, if I don’t feel like Ford respects me as a consumer: my time, my money, and my investment in the brand, then the enthusiasm will fade. And I have to say, Ford’s continued silence in this matter has been deafening.

I also recognize that this is not likely to make any difference or possibly even be read, but I did it for me more than them. I think it's unlikely, but even if something bad does happen from entering my order number I might be past caring at this point.
Sponsored