Sponsored

California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling?

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not much action yet on this CA forum, we're kind of at the end of the line for Bronco deliveries. What the heck, let's talk about what we're doing now, what we're driving and were we've been, and where we'll take our Broncos once we get them.

I've been a Jeep driver for many years, in the XJ Cherokee club and my local club the Bakersfield Trailblazers. Been all over CA and the west. My Bronco will be my daily driver, and I want to use it for all kinds of off road exploring. I'll probably take it on the Rubicon or Swamp Lake once, since it would be a new experience in the Bronco, though I'm not much into Jeep camping anymore, prefer the RV and day trips. Plenty of desert and mountain stuff in CA and Utah, and more trips to CO. I regularly go to Johnson Valley and Sand Hollow UT but those trips are in the rock buggy.

My old original XJ that I don't own any more. At Pismo dunes.

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? NAXJA%20Fordyce%20and%20Con%2004%20006

My current trail XJ. It's already sold once the Bronco gets here. This was taken in the White Mtns east of Bishop, overlooking Saline Valley.

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 222344278_10216984211992056_9011303864977156930_n

My current daily driver. From last month in the San Juan Mtns CO, Yankee Boy Basin.

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 225583521_10217002577411180_4664544217447408670_n
Sponsored

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not much action yet on this CA forum, we're kind of at the end of the line for Bronco deliveries. What the heck, let's talk about what we're doing now, what we're driving and were we've been, and where we'll take our Broncos once we get them.

I've been a Jeep driver for many years, in the XJ Cherokee club and my local club the Bakersfield Trailblazers. Been all over CA and the west. My Bronco will be my daily driver, and I want to use it for all kinds of off road exploring. I'll probably take it on the Rubicon or Swamp Lake once, since it would be a new experience in the Bronco, though I'm not much into Jeep camping anymore, prefer the RV and day trips. Plenty of desert and mountain stuff in CA and Utah, and more trips to CO. I regularly go to Johnson Valley and Sand Hollow UT but those trips are in the rock buggy.

My old original XJ that I don't own any more. At Pismo dunes.

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 225583521_10217002577411180_4664544217447408670_n

My current trail XJ. It's already sold once the Bronco gets here. This was taken in the White Mtns east of Bishop, overlooking Saline Valley.

My current daily driver. From last month in the San Juan Mtns CO, Yankee Boy Basin.

I currently drive an F250SD 4x4 truck (and a Ford Mustang). I love to off-road in eastern California, especially in the White Mountains, Inyo Range, Mono Basin, and on trails on the east slope of the Sierra Nevada. Also love the northern Sierra Nevada and Lassen Peak areas, and of course our California coastal dunes in permitted off-road areas. I sold my 1971 Ford Bronco in 1986, and I really miss it! Can't wait to get my MY22 Black Diamond (green).

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been out of the game since I gave this away in 2011. From 2008 NAXJA Fall Fling
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 100_1691
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? IMG_1844.JPG

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are right since very few Bronco’s have arrived here in CA. For me I hit up Borrego a bit and off-road mostly up on Mono County as I have a 2nd home there and keep an extra Jeep and ATV’s Up there. If anyone knows of a good Dana Transfer Case rebuilder up on that area please let me know.

OP
OP
goatman

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Been out of the game since I gave this away in 2011. From 2008 NAXJA Fall Fling
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? IMG_1844.JPG
As you know, I organized that event, 2008 was the 25th Anniversary XJ Celebration. That pic is Gemini Bridges Rd and that's Gooney Bird Rock. Good memories. Cool that you're getting back into off roading with a new Bronco. We'll have to plan some Bronco trips to meet folks when more of us have our Broncos.

Sponsored
OP
OP
goatman

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You are right since very few Bronco’s have arrived here in CA. For me I hit up Borrego a bit and off-road mostly up on Mono County as I have a 2nd home there and keep an extra Jeep and ATV’s Up there. If anyone knows of a good Dana Transfer Case rebuilder up on that area please let me know.
I haven't previously done much in that area, but I've had a few trips around there this year. Best place I know of for the Dana t-case is Anaheim Gear. We send a fair amount of work to them.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As you know, I organized that event, 2008 was the 25th Anniversary XJ Celebration. That pic is Gemini Bridges Rd and that's Gooney Bird Rock. Good memories. Cool that you're getting back into off roading with a new Bronco. We'll have to plan some Bronco trips to meet folks when more of us have our Broncos.
Yes I do ;). Yep after giving that truck away I didn't have the heart to build another one (too many parts I couldn't get anymore. It was a special truck) Being they finally decided to build a Bronco worth having again I needed to jump in & even the score: 76 Bronco, 81 CJ-5, 93 XJ, & looking forward to a MY21 MY22 Bronco I hope & not MY23 :p

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plenty of off road opportunities in Joshua Tree for anyone in the Southern CA area. I plan on spending some quality time out there when my Bronco comes (whenever that will be, in 2022).

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Current:
you could see how much I care about the Outback! I don’t even have a real picture of it.
it’s always in the background if it gets in there by accident! It’s a good car to we’ve had it on gravel roads and stuff!
The Sequoia is mostly for pulling the trailer but I’ve wheeled it up at Packer Lake sardine lake area.
Accidentally took it on part of the Fordyce Trail!
Till the tree started getting narrow!!!
The frontiers my daily driver took it up in the snow wants wheeed it twice!
Up in Forest Hill area China hill wherever that is.
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 1630335890846
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? D48B154E-0944-4721-92AF-7BD138A7A377
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 246FF626-7F3A-457A-8F86-B596728446AF

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 1630336252188
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 04BB01B9-5487-4FA8-A1BB-7F049A2F0B56
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 7BFA0490-ED09-4556-A740-4C031A3C4DD9
X

OP
OP
goatman

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Current:
you could see how much I care about the Outback! I don’t even have a real picture of it.
it’s always in the background if it gets in there by accident! It’s a good car to we’ve had it on gravel roads and stuff!
The Sequoia is mostly for pulling the trailer but I’ve wheeled it up at Packer Lake sardine lake area.
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 7BFA0490-ED09-4556-A740-4C031A3C4DD9

X
Nice project! Keeping the flat head and beam axle on a five window? Cool!

Getting rid of anything to make room for the Bronco?

Sponsored

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well in CA the USDA Forest Service is closing all National Forest Land Sept 1 - 17th. So that takes away most of my 4 wheeling territory. They'll probably extend it past the 17th with all the CA Wildfire and dry weather.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? city_of_madison_electric_fire_truck_emergency_lights

OP
OP
goatman

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well in CA the USDA Forest Service is closing all National Forest Land Sept 1 - 17th. So that takes away most of my 4 wheeling territory. They'll probably extend it past the 17th with all the CA Wildfire and dry weather.
Yeah, High Sierra Poker Run was just cancelled due to the closure. Still kinda hot to go to the desert. I'm headed to Sand Hollow UT for a week Sept 20, stopping at Nevada Off Roadeo on my way, the 19th.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Current:
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? city_of_madison_electric_fire_truck_emergency_lights

X
How far up Fordyce did you make it? Get to any of the Winch Hills? That would have been "sporty" with a Sequoia. :D That's a great trail. Done it many times in several vehicles. Started going up there in the late 80s with a buddy in his Power Wagon. The last few times were in my JK. Beautiful place.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're eagerly waiting for desert season to get here. 2nd weekend of October is our first scheduled trip. We'll be going to Ocotillo Wells.
Sponsored