Sponsored

California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's an easy starter run... Some people might recognize it from the YouTube.

MLs Favorite Run.jpg
Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For off road I use our Gen 1 Raptor I gave to my son. He upgraded it for desert prerunning quite a bit. It will be fun to tag along with him and his crew in the Bronco and see how it does stock.

tempImagefSifec.png

OP
OP
goatman

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For off road I use our Gen 1 Raptor I gave to my son. He upgraded it for desert prerunning quite a bit. It will be fun to tag along with him and his crew in the Bronco and see how it does stock.

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? tempImagefSifec

How are you equipping your Bronco?

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

WT on order, but might switch to BL. Going with 2.7, Sasq. Also going to go with soft top to try and get the Bronco in 2022 hopefully. How about yourself?

OP
OP
goatman

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

WT on order, but might switch to BL. Going with 2.7, Sasq. Also going to go with soft top to try and get the Bronco in 2022 hopefully. How about yourself?
At his time I have a non-squatch Badlands ordered, but seriously considering changing to basesquatch. I have to get the Rock Slide Engineering rock rails/steps so my wife can get in, and I will put my own wheels on it. Would like to save the bucks and go base, and somehow deal with disconnecting the sway bar for more serious off road. I go to Off Roadeo this coming Sun, so I'm hoping to have a better idea after driving them.

Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

At his time I have a non-squatch Badlands ordered, but seriously considering changing to basesquatch. I have to get the Rock Slide Engineering rock rails/steps so my wife can get in, and I will put my own wheels on it. Would like to save the bucks and go base, and somehow deal with disconnecting the sway bar for more serious off road. I go to Off Roadeo this coming Sun, so I'm hoping to have a better idea after driving them.
You will have a blast there. Let us know what you like/don't like when you drive a few. I imagine that if you want to sell any of the sas parts there will be a market from the stock vehicles. This has proven true with the Raptor. Pretty much every OEM suspension component I upgraded i was able to sell the old part to an F150 owner. Either way, these will be fun to customize.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently driving a '21 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison - super capable truck with front and rear lockers, 4hi and 4lo, Boron steel skid plates, winch ready front bumper, reinforced rear bumper, etc.. I bought it 12/26/21, and have put 11k miles on it already. I live in Sacramento, and have been to a number of places with it -
  • Prairie City off-road park - great experience for a new off-roader to play around in a safe environment and have plenty of help around in case you need it.
  • Mormon Emigrant Trail (MET) - in the winter, the road is covered in snow and it is NOT cleared, so it's fun for snow-wheeling. In the summer, there are lots of offshoots and trails
  • Slate Mountain Trail - nice mellow trail that ends up at the top of a range with an old radio tower and great views
  • Old Latrobe Rd - just a nice scenic dirt trail/path that goes through some hilly areas just outside El Dorado Hills - great if you wanna just get out of the house and don't want something that's going to take up your whole day.
  • River Bed in Esparta - outside Woodland area - fun place to go drive through a dried up river bed, some water crossings and stuff too.
  • Indian Valley Reservoir - a little bit of a drive to get there, but lots of trails and great views
  • Henness Pass - great drive along some ridges through the mountains - absolutely beautiful views
  • Foresthill Rd - fun trail to the top of a pretty steep hill (I think I hit 29 degrees incline at one point) - some sharp rocks and stumps up there - make sure you air down so you don't puncture your sidewall like I did :(
  • Bowman Lake - this is off of Henness Pass, but makes a nice drive as well.
  • Moon Rocks, NV - this is absolutely amazing... it's a bit more of a drive to get there, but the views are so cool, and there's tons of trails and rock climbing stuff (for those who want it)

SkeetzMcGee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Infiniti G37S, 20 Subaru Crosstrek, 21 Jeep JT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up a Jeep Gladiator Mojave end of Aug b/c I know I won't be getting my build til at least 2023. It's still stock for now but looking to maximize its capabilities doing some desert/dirt running and mild wheeling. I'm in the san jose/south bay area, so any suggestions would be awesome. I'd love to experience a good amount of off-pavement CA
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? JT_ Mojav

ERock62

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have a 17-F250 6.7 + Toy Hauler and 2020 RZR Turbo.

We ride/off-road all over
Glamis
Ocotillo Wells
Johnson Valley
Rasor Rd (my fav)
Mammoth
El Mirage (lease fav)
Superstition

Ordering our Bronco for my wife on Monday. Can't wait to take it out.

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 1644013275835

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 1644013318027

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I live in Sacramento, and have been to a number of places with it....
Typically on all these posts, it seems like Northern California doesn't even exist. You seem to really know this area (I'm in the Roseville area).. I really want to start getting out there and seeing all these sites. I've just been cruising around the Tahoe National Forest exploring... Gone up to Forest Hill Rock quarry... But as you mentioned all that stuff is closed right now for winter.

Last weekend I went up close to the Indian reservoir (lake county area)... Pretty scenic but not really much of an actual off-roading.

Do you have a off-road club you're in? Maybe we could get a small group of B6G folks and hit some of these since you have the experience?

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Typically on all these posts, it seems like Northern California doesn't even exist. You seem to really know this area (I'm in the Roseville area).. I really want to start getting out there and seeing all these sites. I've just been cruising around the Tahoe National Forest exploring... Gone up to Forest Hill Rock quarry... But as you mentioned all that stuff is closed right now for winter.

Last weekend I went up close to the Indian reservoir (lake county area)... Pretty scenic but not really much of an actual off-roading.

Do you have a off-road club you're in? Maybe we could get a small group of B6G folks and hit some of these since you have the experience?
I just started off-roading a year ago when I got the ZR2 .. and I've been slowly getting out and exploring, ... if you're on facebook - you should check out the Sacramento Valley Overland Society - a good group of people who enjoy off roading, camping, and hanging out. It's a family (and dog) friendly group - I've been on a number of trail runs with them, and it's a good place to get ideas on other places to go explore. My real name is Mark Brooks - feel free to hit me up on FB :)
here's the group for SVOS: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2175685572725297

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice project! Keeping the flat head and beam axle on a five window? Cool!

Getting rid of anything to make room for the Bronco?
Thanks!
Yes…
The Truck, and sequoia, and
Getting a Titan. Keep the Subi for Gas saver backup! Since the new Bronco will probably be in the Shop all the time!
Or, if it never shows up just say screw it and get it A new Tacoma and forerunner!!

I know, all these first world problems but all my older cars are paid for!!!

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice project! Keeping the flat head and beam axle on a five window? Cool!

Getting rid of anything to make room for the Bronco?
33 Update:
I swear I’ll have my hot rod done before I get my Stinking bronco DAGNABIT!!!

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 4B5F44B6-B50F-4D03-A5A0-8FEA13D27F15
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 6F91A54C-EA3D-4FD9-BD1F-E64BAEE4DB59
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 64518DCA-1A0A-4A39-9D5A-B1BEAE03FC2B
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 83B59DA1-7AC9-4682-8651-6AABCCA03ADD

This is what it looked like when I “reserved” my Bronco in Nov of 2020!
I swear Im faster Then Ford!
And I work full-time!!!
Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 1644100076159

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 1644100127950

Ford Bronco California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling? 1644100162498

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just started off-roading a year ago when I got the ZR2 .. and I've been slowly getting out and exploring, ... if you're on facebook - you should check out the Sacramento Valley Overland Society - a good group of people who enjoy off roading, camping, and hanging out. It's a family (and dog) friendly group - I've been on a number of trail runs with them, and it's a good place to get ideas on other places to go explore. My real name is Mark Brooks - feel free to hit me up on FB :)
here's the group for SVOS: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2175685572725297
After I did my post, it dawned on me you were the one who referred me to that group last time. So I tried to edit my post but it didn't work.

In other words yeah, I'm already part of the group. Kind of been monitoring it, but personally I'm not an FB person and after trying to use it a few times I know why... FB sucks ;)

My wife, who is more of an FB person, told me it's because people can post and then share their post to other groups. So like I'll see someone post something about getting together, they'll be no responses, but then to some miraculous link clicking I end up on their original post and there's a whole group of people saying that they're going (but I've been too late).

I can already tell, me and FB are NOT going to be BFFs.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hit up Knoxville ohv yesterday. Most of it was easy, except for one offshoot that was pretty sketch.Looking forward to going back there sometime.
Sponsored