Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you in California that haven't yet joined or seen the posts, we are trying to organize a group-buy agreement and collect names of people that are interested in switching their dealer reservation location. Our efforts are focused on Northern California but anyone interested in switching would be welcome to join in, whether it be Southern California, Nevada, ect. It's a bummer that we still don't have build & price available or concrete information on order dates but the longer we wait the less time we will have to set this up.

Our goals with this effort can be summed up as follows:

1. To speed up our deliveries or at least improve our chances at receiving a Bronco in 2021. Recent info suggests that a large factor in how many Broncos a dealership will receive will be based on the amount of reservations they convert to orders. For example, if a dealership was going to end up with 300 orders and we have a committed group of 50 that place orders, that dealership now has 350 orders, a decent bump to help their allocation numbers.

2. To receive a discount. Everyone knows about the awesome Granger deal and they are getting reservations from all over the country from people willing to ship or travel for their Bronco. While I personally do not think we can get anything like $2000 or $1000 below invoice in NorCal, I hope that we can arrange for something to make it worthwhile for those that participate. Most so far already have X-plan so an agreement to sell at invoice or a little below invoice is likely the best case scenario.

3. To evaluate the quality and customer service of our many dealership options. Some dealerships are slimier than is ideal. They often have the negative image of lying salesmen, poor CS, poor service garages, etc.. In contacting these dealerships and feeling out the willingness of their teams to play ball with us, we hope to share notes on which ones seem cool and which ones don't give a shit about offering good business. Which ones are doing a good job at following Ford's guidelines on this vehicle launch, which ones are being transparent about everything, etc.. If nothing works out and we fail to arrange a worthwhile deal when all is said and done, we would hopefully at least paint a clearer picture of which dealerships are at least on the more pleasant side to work with. This would also be useful for future service needs, accessory purchasing etc..

The document has restricted edit access but can be viewed here: https://bit.ly/3cAfVjm
There is a basic overview tab, a buyer info tab, and a NorCal dealerships tab that are all pulled from Ford.com.

If you would like to join in and haven't already been entered, feel free to leave a message here, send me a private message, or leave a comment on the doc (commenting is allowed, editing is not). I will get you added asap. Please be sure to look at the details for each column and don't miss a category. The purpose of these details is to give any dealers we share this with an idea of what these orders would look like and for us to get an idea of which locations would be more central for everyone once averaged out.

We should be at about 30 people soon and I hope to keep going well beyond that. The Texas group had over 120 last time I checked their doc. Feel free to share the link with other Bronco buyers as well if you think they would be interested.

I could also use some help soon in contacting dealerships by phone or email. There are over 70 in Northern CA, possibly up to 90 depending on how far south we want to cover. Identifying dealerships that are already fairly high in volume and regional rankings would be helpful in prioritizing those locations.

Thanks for reading, I hope we can get these Broncos on the road SOON :D
Sponsored

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Phil Waterford ford is unwilling to make a group buy happen

simpleBO

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you get any progress on this, I'd be down.

I am out in the bay area.

Sponsored

simpleBO

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am leaning toward the Oregon dealer pushing $1k below invoice.

It's a 9hr one-way trip for me though.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am leaning toward the Oregon dealer pushing $1k below invoice.

It's a 9hr one-way trip for me though.
I'm pretty sure they said that this deal was only for Oregon/Washington customers. It's not available to CA residents.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @Gene Dios any movement on this? With the whacky things coming out last couple of days re:X-plan, changing reservations, blah blah. ANY kind of discount is gonna be a "Good-Thing" (TM).

How can I/we help?

Wing_Nuttz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 chevy shiterado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sonoma county buyer here, current dealership is Hansel Ford in Santa Rosa. Talked to them a month ago about xplan and at the time they were doing it. I would like to be included if the group buy.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sonoma county buyer here, current dealership is Hansel Ford in Santa Rosa. Talked to them a month ago about xplan and at the time they were doing it. I would like to be included if the group buy.
A dealer stating they will Honor the XPlan was great... until yesterday. So now, unless a dealer is willing to offer a Discount off of MSRP.. there is no reason to even mention them on this board.. sorry to say.

Fortunately we have 2 dealers in California that have a presence on this board that are doing just that. One is in the Bay area (NOT walnut creek which appears to have said we are SOL)... and the other is in San Diego Area.

Wing_Nuttz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 chevy shiterado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A dealer stating they will Honor the XPlan was great... until yesterday. So now, unless a dealer is willing to offer a Discount off of MSRP.. there is no reason to even mention them on this board.. sorry to say.

Fortunately we have 2 dealers in California that have a presence on this board that are doing just that. One is in the Bay area (NOT walnut creek which appears to have said we are SOL)... and the other is in San Diego Area.
Do you know which other bay area dealer? Havent seen the post

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Which dealership in Sacramento?
Serramosa Ford is honoring the X plan. I think there is a deadline for transferring FYI.
Do you know which other bay area dealer? Havent seen the post
Serramonte Ford, we're just south of San Francisco. We're still offering X-Plan to those that have it, $500 over invoice for those that don't. Our store's deadline to switch to us and notify us is remaining 10/31. Our price is clear and concise, and because it's invoice based, unaffected by B&P.

Last edited:

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought You can move your Dealership orders now till Jan. right?
Sponsored