First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone know of some easy off road trails in SoCal? The Bronco belongs to the wife and I have to ease her into off roading. I've looked at the links of Cleveland Nat. Forest but there are so many links it can get confusing of what's open and what's not. We tried to make a run up to Margarita Lookout Tower this morning only to find the gate off of Ortega Hwy. closed. It looks like Holy Jim is closed also.
The "Mojave road" is an easy trail. I have only done part of it but there are some interesting caves and other things along it.
Big bear has all kinds of options at all levels easy to hard. I did rattlesnake canyon to big bear. It was easy except for one spot that needed good tire placement.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone know of some easy off road trails in SoCal? The Bronco belongs to the wife and I have to ease her into off roading. I've looked at the links of Cleveland Nat. Forest but there are so many links it can get confusing of what's open and what's not. We tried to make a run up to Margarita Lookout Tower this morning only to find the gate off of Ortega Hwy. closed. It looks like Holy Jim is closed also.
You want to look for Main Divide. Thats the trail that takes you up to the Santiago Peak Overlook there at the Cleveland National Forest area. If you want to roll up that way, let me know. I'm in Murrieta, that's about 15 minutes from my house.

Cleghorn is another one. It is an easy fire road with a bunch of offshoots that range from easy to pretty tough. On some of them, you definitely want to have some beefier tires for better traction. @SCORCH should have some video action coming out soon on Cleghorn.

Holcomb Valley is also a nice mix. I'm headed there this weekend.

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You want to look for Main Divide. Thats the trail that takes you up to the Santiago Peak Overlook there at the Cleveland National Forest area. If you want to roll up that way, let me know. I'm in Murrieta, that's about 15 minutes from my house.

Cleghorn is another one. It is an easy fire road with a bunch of offshoots that range from easy to pretty tough. On some of them, you definitely want to have some beefier tires for better traction. @SCORCH should have some video action coming out soon on Cleghorn.

Holcomb Valley is also a nice mix. I'm headed there this weekend.
I appreciate the info. I’ve seen Main Divide come up when I was on CNF website so I’ll check that out. Looking forward to seeing the video.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Main divide is a pretty chill road. Anyone could do it in a Bronco. There aren't crazy offshoots, but there are some optional obstacles.

Just keep your top on and windows up. Last time I went I had my bikini top shade on the Bronco and it was completely caked in dust inside and out.

If anyone wants to go let me know and we can meet up in Lake Elsinore and head in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rivers90

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is nothing in Bay Area is there?
Not sure how close these are to you. I have not been there but a friend went to Hollister Hills and liked it.

hollister hills ohv

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure how close these are to you. I have not been there but a friend went to Hollister Hills and liked it.

hollister hills ohv
Hollister is fun. there is terrain for any capability level. Plenty of obstacles and trails that are good for the bronco, and plenty of obstacles that would destroy stock broncos. It’s five bucks a day or fifty for the year, and there are campsites there too.
Sponsored