Sponsored

Call Out To Canadians on Pricing - Anyone getting offered below Invoice or even Guaranteed MSRP?

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that Ford has eliminated the X-Plan, I was wondering if any of my fellow Canadians have since spoken with their local dealers to see what deals, if any, they will offer?

Any Granger/Stephens deals offered in the Great White North?

Any dealers guaranteeing MSRP with no ADM?

Any mass buys going anywhere?

Would love to hear from you.

Thanks
Sponsored

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The fact that we cant change dealer means we cant organize and negotiate for MY21. If you want a 21MY its whatever the dealer wants to charge. My dealer wants MSRP + 850 documentation fee. I might wait for a MY22 and use Xplan.

I know a dealer in Ontario was guaranteeing no "ADM for forum members" like it was an awesome deal.

So yea, Ford Canada is screwing us big time.

OP
OP
Raskew

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact that we cant change dealer means we cant organize and negotiate for MY21. If you want a 21MY its whatever the dealer wants to charge. My dealer wants MSRP + 850 documentation fee. I might wait for a MY22 and use Xplan.

I know a dealer in Ontario was guaranteeing no "ADM for forum members" like it was an awesome deal.

So yea, Ford Canada is screwing us big time.
That may be true, but we could use a better deal found at another dealer to negotiate with our local dealer. I assume the penalties that apply to US dealers for not converting reservations to sales would apply to Canadian as well.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking of messaging my dealer once I settle on some options. Basically saying if I'm paying full price I'm moving down to a BD (from my original BL reservation) but if we can work a BL closer to what I would have saved with X-Plan then I'll move back up.

At this point I'm fairly happy with the BD but would definitely move back up to the BL for the right price.

I doubt we will see any Granger type deals. Especially since, as of right now, no one could switch to that dealer anyway.

I'm in a very small market so I'm really just hoping for any discount at all unfortunately.

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That may be true, but we could use a better deal found at another dealer to negotiate with our local dealer. I assume the penalties that apply to US dealers for not converting reservations to sales would apply to Canadian as well.
I would like to know more details on those penalties. I can see a dealership selling an early bronco for 5k over MSRP easily. that's a lot of revenue if the penalties are just minor annoyances.

BTW I'm not blaming the dealers. Ford Canada basically killed competition between dealers when they decided to lock the reservations. If reservations where open I'm sure smaller dealers would have stepped up their game like in the US.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raskew

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking of messaging my dealer once I settle on some options. Basically saying if I'm paying full price I'm moving down to a BD (from my original BL reservation) but if we can work a BL closer to what I would have saved with X-Plan then I'll move back up.

At this point I'm fairly happy with the BD but would definitely move back up to the BL for the right price.

I doubt we will see any Granger type deals. Especially since, as of right now, no one could switch to that dealer anyway.

I'm in a very small market so I'm really just hoping for any discount at all unfortunately.
No we can't switch dealers the way US buyers can, but we could cancel our reservations and reserve at another dealer.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No we can't switch dealers the way US buyers can, but we could cancel our reservations and reserve at another dealer.
Absolutely. If you're willing to go down that road. It's a long road. Unfortunately the dealer knows this. Is it worth waiting another year for a couple thousand? For me...not so much. I only have two options...keep my current reservation or walk. My current vehicle is too old to keep going unfortunately. I'd buy something else before I wait for a second reservation to be delivered. I'd have no hesitation to walk if my current dealer tries to play games. I don't need a Bronco and don't need to spend that much cash.

A second reservation is definitely a bargaining chip but there are downsides to it.

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same shitty rules, 1 year later.

Personally If I cant secure a fair deal in December, Ill buy a bronco when supply catches up with demand.
I expect jeep and ford to go at it fairly aggressive with pricing.
Sponsored

Last edited: