First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai I30
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone in North Carolina know if we’re good to drive around with the transit tag until we receive Iowa DOT registration paperwork. Received mine shipped by roadrunner this week, been driving around already, but not sure if I’m riding dirty.
Sponsored

btay801

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
7/20/2020 Reservation.
Picked up our Bronco today. One signature on paper after the docs online and we were done. We are happy to be driving her home finally. It's been a a wild ride.
Still lots of Broncos on the lot.

0616231150b_HDR.jpg

0616231109b.jpg

0616231113.jpg

0616231158.jpg

0616231819.jpg

OP
OP
Diydner

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

7/20/2020 Reservation.
Picked up our Bronco today. One signature on paper after the docs online and we were done. We are happy to be driving her home finally. It's been a a wild ride.
Still lots of Broncos on the lot.

0616231150b_HDR.jpg

0616231109b.jpg

0616231113.jpg

0616231158.jpg

0616231819.jpg
I think that first HPR Bronco OBX is mine. Mine has a steel bumper and a hard top. (Dual top actually, but still)

the one where you are in the pic

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think that first HPR Bronco OBX is mine. Mine has a steel bumper and a hard top. (Dual top actually, but still)

the one where you are in the pic
Hope you get to go pick it up soon!

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Took delivery on Friday morning. Less than 24 hrs after booking transport. I was unprepared for such a quick turn around after the odyssey to get here. Glad to have it home, now just the waiting for Ford to deliver on the full rebate. I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm not waiting on Ford for something.

Ford Bronco CALLING ALL GRANGTOBER ORDER PLACERS IMG_20230616_092600853_HDR

Sponsored

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks familiar! Amazingly I was able to get both the model year transition and order modification offers at delivery. Now if I could just get the paperwork - my temp tag has expired. 😩

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took delivery on Friday morning. Less than 24 hrs after booking transport. I was unprepared for such a quick turn around after the odyssey to get here. Glad to have it home, now just the waiting for Ford to deliver on the full rebate. I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm not waiting on Ford for something.

Ford Bronco CALLING ALL GRANGTOBER ORDER PLACERS IMG_20230616_092600853_HDR
I'm still waiting on the order mod money. I picked up 5/17 and have no clue how long this will take.
There should be some way to bring "the waiting on Ford rebates" information together to help develop some idea of how long this is going to take.

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is normally a 2-3 week process to get this handled. Some of that depends on our local county and how backed up they are.
MelRey -
Tomorrow will be two weeks since I picked up the Bronco and still no paperwork. :confused:
MLRey - if you haven't done so, be sure you get the mileage disclosure from them to place a "wet signature" on the same. After two weeks, I went to DMV here in FL, and nothing had arrived. I called Granger only to learn of the form. Granger emailed it after finally speaking to a live body with overnight return postage. Now I have to wait for the county in Granger, IA to do something before they can overnight the papers to the DMV here in FL. I've bought a ton of cars over the years out of state, but have never had to deal with this hassle.

FlatOverCrest

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G55, Sprinter, 964, Evo X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MelRey -

MLRey - if you haven't done so, be sure you get the mileage disclosure from them to place a "wet signature" on the same. After two weeks, I went to DMV here in FL, and nothing had arrived. I called Granger only to learn of the form. Granger emailed it after finally speaking to a live body with overnight return postage. Now I have to wait for the county in Granger, IA to do something before they can overnight the papers to the DMV here in FL. I've bought a ton of cars over the years out of state, but have never had to deal with this hassle.
I'm in the same boat. I never received the mileage disclosure and only learned about it when I inquired where my paperwork was, which has put the whole process back a few more weeks. Temp Iowa tag has expired so technically not legal to drive until I get it registered. Still a great experience and price with Granger, just a few process hiccups that could have been avoided.

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what was explained to me by Granger in IA you have 30 days in which to register and get a tag which is "supposed" to carry over to your home state. So despite the transit tag/paper only being good for 14 days, allegedly you are good for 30 days with the bill of sale/purchase agreement in the glove box. Can't wait to explain to the officer pulling me for no tag displayed (save the lovely Granger Ford tag in the back). Who's to say you just didn't take delivery a few days ago despite the bill of sale being 3 weeks ago. :unsure: Granger needs to be sending "be on the look out emails" or better yet, emailing the form with return overnight postage as protocol once the docs are signed. I would have called at least a week earlier had I known.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I never received the mileage disclosure and only learned about it when I inquired where my paperwork was, which has put the whole process back a few more weeks. Temp Iowa tag has expired so technically not legal to drive until I get it registered. Still a great experience and price with Granger, just a few process hiccups that could have been avoided.
Nebraska did not require that. I had to stop by the sheriff's office for a title inspection (since bought out of state) then next door to DMV. Out in less than 15min.
Just putting that out there so people don't freak out. Depending on the state, YMMV

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just in time for the Christmas in July Bronco Beach gathering in St. Augustine.
There is such a thing? May have to make the run up. What weekend?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is such a thing? May have to make the run up. What weekend?
Posted in the Florida sub-forum. It will be July 8th (first Saturday after the 4th of July). It will be on Butler Beach. Bunch of attendees are showing up on Friday to go out to dinner.

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what was explained to me by Granger in IA you have 30 days in which to register and get a tag which is "supposed" to carry over to your home state. So despite the transit tag/paper only being good for 14 days, allegedly you are good for 30 days with the bill of sale/purchase agreement in the glove box. Can't wait to explain to the officer pulling me for no tag displayed (save the lovely Granger Ford tag in the back). Who's to say you just didn't take delivery a few days ago despite the bill of sale being 3 weeks ago. :unsure: Granger needs to be sending "be on the look out emails" or better yet, emailing the form with return overnight postage as protocol once the docs are signed. I would have called at least a week earlier had I known.
If this Is accurate about not needing the tag after it expires in 14 days, why would one even need the in-transit tag to begin with?

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is some kind of DOT regulation possibly. Just repeating what the title clerk was Granger relayed. If my paperwork and check don't arrive before next week, I'm stuck making a decision to park it and wait or take my chances with the kind and understanding officer not versed in IA law.
Sponsored