First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Picking up my first r/c truck. An Arrma Granite BLX. Need some recommendations on batteries and chargers.

I'll probably start out with 2S batteries at first. They are cheaper and will let me get better acclimated with the truck without destroying it. Looking for the longest amount of runtime but nothing so big they will take forever to charge. Plan to start out with two batteries for now. Also would like suggestions for 3S batteries for when I decide to upgrade. Also would rather use a battery with the proper connector that is compatible with Arrma over using an adapter. EC5 I think???

For a charger I want something that will charge rather fast, but not shorten the life of the battery by causing too much strain on it. Preferably one that charges two batteries at one time.

I've glance around some r/c forums and seems many of the batteries sold on amazon are pretty popular and reasonably priced.

So suggest away.
Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Batteries: zeee or goldbat from Amazon. Cheap and multiple good reviews.
Charger: Traxxas 2972 EZ-Peak Plus 100 Watt NiMH/LiPo Dual Charger with iD System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XWBW2BO/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_5D8E410T6AT9729ZXPX8
It's a lil pricey but it charges 2 3s 5000mah batteries in about 45min with out high output. Worth it imo
I have a e Revo 2.0 that I love and got on the cheap. Everyone else post what you have. I'll put a pic on tomorrow

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Batteries: zeee or goldbat from Amazon. Cheap and multiple good reviews.
Charger: Traxxas 2972 EZ-Peak Plus 100 Watt NiMH/LiPo Dual Charger with iD System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XWBW2BO/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_5D8E410T6AT9729ZXPX8
It's a lil pricey but it charges 2 3s 5000mah batteries in about 45min with out high output. Worth it imo
I have a e Revo 2.0 that I love and got on the cheap. Everyone else post what you have. I'll put a pic on tomorrow
Is that Traxxas charger compatible with other battery connectors?

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any opinion on Ovonic batteries?? I see them mentioned often in my research.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that Traxxas charger compatible with other battery connectors?
Yep. If you remove the little Traxxas cover plate on the front of the charge it has the option for a balance plug. It will charge up to a 3s battery
Any opinion on Ovonic batteries?? I see them mentioned often in my research.
Never heard of them.

Screenshot_20220311-214953-163.png

IMG_20220311_214613172.jpg

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I buy my batteries from HobbyKing.

You can search for batteries by dimensions. I always get the Turnigy Nanos. They also have a great little 2c/3c charger. I bought 2.

My first order was a battery and the charger <$25

Ford Bronco Calling all R/C enthusiasts Screenshot_20220312-050538_Chrome

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ended up picking up a 2 pack of Zeee 2S 5200mAh batteries and an HTRC C150 charger. Should be good to get me started and until I decide to upgrade.

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just start out with the 3s batteries since you can control the speed on the controller. theres a switch on the controller to adjust the speed from 50 to 75 to 100 percent. get zeee lipos at least 5200mah hard pack batteries with an ec5 plug. 7200mah is is even better for your run time. Im currently using a venom duo charger. it works great and charges two batteries at a time. only thing i dont like is that it only storage charges at 1 amp which takes a while. ARRMA wise We currently have an arrma senton blx that we converted to a typhon/ senton hybrid, a Big rock CC and an infraction mega were trning into a speed basher. Arrma is the best to start with because of how easy they are to work on. Good luck. Once you buy one youll buy more. lots more lol.

Edit: I see u already bought stuff. Those will work good to start with. We just starting buying crawlers. Theyre a whole new world of the RC rabbit hole lol
Sponsored