Sponsored

Calling all those who own and wheel a JL and are considering the Bronco...

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, high speed offroading and ifs is going to win!!! Other than that your right SFA's only advatage is rockcrawiling.
Sponsored

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a ranger and off road it of course also have the JL with 37 as previously mentioned. I will say with 35's and full load plus boat i can tell but you will be pleasantly surprised at how peppy the 2.3 l is. I i have a 2019 lariat super crew. and it gets loaded and off roaded and think you will be please how it performs with 37's. I don't have any mods to motor such as pedal commanders or programmers but know some that have and it makes a huge difference.

20200607_105810.jpg

ccsami4x4

Black Diamond
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fair enough; for high speed desert driving, IFS wins.

If you're off-road and happen to break something, my experience has been that a solid axle vehicle can be pieced back together enough to at least limp home, whereas when I've seen IFS failures they can be more catastrophic. I certainly wouldn't describe my typical wheeling as rock crawling, though I have done some over the years. I've wheeled all across the globe, but largely in the eastern USA so it's quite possible that I just haven't done the type of off-road driving that warrants IFS over SFA. Just my personal experience, and perhaps yours has been different.

OP
OP
395N

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a ranger and off road it of course also have the JL with 37 as previously mentioned. I will say with 35's and full load plus boat i can tell but you will be pleasantly surprised at how peppy the 2.3 l is. I i have a 2019 lariat super crew. and it gets loaded and off roaded and think you will be please how it performs with 37's. I don't have any mods to motor such as pedal commanders or programmers but know some that have and it makes a huge difference.

20200607_105810.jpg
Those are 35's or 37's?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ccsami4x4

Black Diamond
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good to know. What kind of mpg are you getting during regular driving compared to when loaded down and towing? Just curious to hear some real world numbers for the 2.3.

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know. What kind of mpg are you getting during regular driving compared to when loaded down and towing? Just curious to hear some real world numbers for the 2.3.
i am getting 16 to 17 daily to work and loaded get 13 towing boat

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am not certain how this will be received in a Bronco forum, but I hoping for honest feedback.
My last rig was a 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro with a 3 inch Icon coil over lift on 33s. It was a great truck, but I need more ground clearance and didn't want to start hacking away to maybe even fit 35s and all the other nightmares than go along with it.
I've found a good enough deal on a 21 Jeep JLU Rubicon that I'd plan to fit with 37's and a 2.5 or 3.5 inch lift (Metalcloak).
I am also still interested in the the BL 2 door Bronco, but fitting 37's and CV axle strength is still up in the air.
I'd get an extended warranty on either.
Whatever I get will not be my DD and will be used only for multi day off roading and remote, solo camping trips in the desert and in the Sierra Mountains.

My question is for all current and prior JL owners is their ownership experience with Jeep and why they are considering the Bronco (aside from the cool factor).
SFA in the Jeep is attractive to me for lifting capability and articulation off road, knowing full well it will not be as nice of a ride on road compared to IFS.
Now that it appears Jeep has solved it's steering issues I am more apt to jump in and revisit the Bronco after a couple years once folks have mod'd and proved out what works and what doesn't.
May be wait for the V8 JLUR, it probably will be released by the time Bronco hits the streets...

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a34128611/2020-jeep-wrangler-392-concept-drive/

Sponsored

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR, ‘19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a fully loaded JLUR and it has been nothing short of a nightmare to own. I have had the UConnect system replaced 2 times, multiple steering issues, faulty wiring issues, and defroster problems. It does great off-roading with the lockers and I have managed to only get stuck once. I will never be buying another Wrangler once I get my Bronco

OP
OP
395N

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a fully loaded JLUR and it has been nothing short of a nightmare to own. I have had the UConnect system replaced 2 times, multiple steering issues, faulty wiring issues, and defroster problems. It does great off-roading with the lockers and I have managed to only get stuck once. I will never be buying another Wrangler once I get my Bronco
Has the Raptor been problem free?

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR, ‘19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has the Raptor been problem free?
The Raptor has been solid as a rock since the day I drove it off the lot. I originally bought the Raptor to replace the Wrangler but ended up keeping it for the time being

OP
OP
395N

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Raptor has been solid as a rock since the day I drove it off the lot. I originally bought the Raptor to replace the Wrangler but ended up keeping it for the time being
Good to hear!
Sponsored