Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey everyone, for those of you who have been to Off-Roadeo, what is the camera mount situation. Are the camera mount bars installed? Has anyone actually mounted their camera and recorded their experience?

I have a DJI Osmo Pocket and am trying to figure out how best to mount is to video my experience.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heading to Moab soon, and would also like to know about this. Hoping they've got something that works better than my guest holding my phone.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got home from MOAB so ask away. There were no camera mounts installed.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got home from MOAB so ask away. There were no camera mounts installed.
Did your guide happen to jump out and take some videos or pictures of you going over obstacles?
How often were you held up on trail by others taking pictures?

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went by myself and ended up in the lead Bronco with one of the guides. Unfortunately I have no pictures or video of me driving but was able to jump out and take pictures and videos of the others. We keep a steady pace throughout the trail. We also spent most of the day actual on the trail, eating lunch and going over some of the material while On the trail.

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get people in the Bronco in front and behind to take a few videos of you at challenging obstacles. You return the favor, share videos with each other and bada-bing, you have your videos. This is what we did at the TX Off Roadeo.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW. The dash thread is standard tripod size. 1/4-20

But I'm getting suction mounts for my gopros. One I can mount outside. The other inside the windshield. The dash mount seems awfully low for a good view. You will lose a good few feet of view mounting it that low.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the reason some early footage of the Texas Off-Roadeo were from a mounted position within the vehicle was due to the early Broncos utilized were pre-production models. So, they had the BYOD rails .

I think those Broncos are now pulled or in the process of being replaced by production models .

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As mentioned, just bring whatever you need to marry up to the 1/4-20. Here was my setup from Austin, it was just a 1/4 male to 1/4 male adapter. Amazon has them 6 for $6. Results were very good. About an inch higher might have been better but not necessary.

Ford Bronco Camera Mounts on Off-Roadeo Broncos IMG_3710

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I carried along my window suction mount for my phone.

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NO BYOD rails in NH.

Others had definitely used suction mounts I could see the marks on the glass.

Biggest take away for me was sharing photos with the Offrodeo group via a photo cloud.

You get pics of everyone but yourself. Everyone else has your pictures...... Swap emails at the event!!!!! My Saturday group has 4 of 8 participants who have already loaded their pictures up.

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a threaded camera mount on top of the dash (which may be standard?), but I didn't use that. It is pretty low and in practice the view of terrain is so far out with the hood. A suction cup higher up on the dash is better. On day one I ran a GoPro on suction cup of the windshield and despite being higher it was unimpressive.

On day two I ran three GoPro with suction cups (GoPro suction cups which are quite strong). One up on the windshield as day 1, but also one on front of the hood to see terrain blocked by the hood and one on the driver's side. I tied off the one on the hood and to the side so if they got knocked off from a bump or brush I could recover. During any pause waiting on others I got out and brushed the dust off the external ones which kept the view clean but damn were they dirty when it was over.

I would have liked to film the tire but I didn't have enough reach off the side to see around the fender wells so I ran it portrait mode near the front of the vehicle and that ended being pretty cool as it gave both very close and very distant image.

This is a composite of the three cameras during one of the climb sequences. Best viewed full screen. I have better footage of the 75 Gig I recorded, but only have this pulled out so far.

Like someone else said. Photos and videos taken by others will have you in it while you aren't in your own.

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FWIW. The dash thread is standard tripod size. 1/4-20

But I'm getting suction mounts for my gopros. One I can mount outside. The other inside the windshield. The dash mount seems awfully low for a good view. You will lose a good few feet of view mounting it that low.
You are correct, it is awfully low. Likely lose more than a few feet. In fact one thing people noted in my group (and myself) is that you really can't see very close. My mount up higher in the window on suction cup really couldn't see much due to the hood. When I reviewed that after day one I added two external cameras. One out on the hood to specifically capture what I couldn't see.
Sponsored