Sponsored

Camouflaged topper on Bronco prototype a pop-up camper roof tent or power soft top?

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ursa Minor site says: "This is a complete replacement top, the existing hard or soft top can be sold or stored."
Unfortunate. Maybe someone else will make a partial one that isn't permanent. It would be nice to have the interior access to the tent. And the ability to remove it with two people when not out camping.
Sponsored

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Unfortunate. Maybe someone else will make a partial one that isn't permanent. It would be nice to have the interior access to the tent. And the ability to remove it with two people when not out camping.
That will be nice, I am leaning towards something low profile like the roofnest falcon..

https://roofnest.com/product/falcon-xl/

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I said in a different thread that it's a "early-prototype-we're-missing-parts-but-just-ship-it" top.

Let's face it - if it was a rooftop tent and they were testing it and keeping it a surprise, there would be NO reason for it to ever leave the proving grounds where they run durability testing.

Sponsored

66RivieraGS

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Buick Riviera GS, 1972 Ford F-250, 2015 BMW 435i M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere on this forum here that a guy asked a Ford employee about that mule and he said it was one of their first testing mules before they had completely finished the top design, so this was just some sort of temporary top they used in testing. I’ll try and find the thread.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It would be cool if they brought back the old school camper top!

Also the price on the sports RTT is about $1600. So if it was a $7K upgrade maybe it is more like the retro top version from the 1st generation bronco!

0F9F7B4D-A087-4698-9C49-8D6865DC5626.jpeg

2E143BC3-265A-4FBE-9A0A-7258B8F71434.jpeg

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do you suppose it [the fat camouflaged roof topper] could be some kind of slimline roof top tent built specifically for the Bronco that they haven't revealed yet?
No, I've seen them. There's nothing under that cheap plastic and homemade vinyl cover except some 1" pipes that give it a little structural integrity. I don't know what's going on with the rear section on the one in the second post, but the one in the first post is just camouflage to hide the body lines.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand the appeal of a rooftop tent, but $7K is an absurd price when the best rooftop tents go from $3K to at most $5K. I know my plans for the bronco include a lot of camping, but even in the $1,500 range I have a hard time justifying rooftop tents over traditional tents.
It is a lot. There is a difference between a pop-top and a rooftop though. Horses for courses.

I have zero interest in a rooftop tent. I'd rather just have one of my three tents in the back then have it on the roof.

The pop-top on the other hand is a good proposition. It allows me to set-up in the rain without even getting out. You have access to everything in the vehicle. But most important, for me, is that I can get the dogs in it. No way I'm getting two 50-60lb dogs up a ladder to a rooftop tent.
Sponsored