James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is awesome. I don't want a RTT on top of the bronco but this would be a great alternative.

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just picked up a Woolly Bear back in August - love it so far - it’s so nice not having to load/unload my tow vehicle every time I want to go camping. I might add that Kammock hammock stand to it next year. Now I just need my Bronco - pick that up this Saturday!

Adding a pic - I’ve got two awnings attached and am just waiting on my RTT to arrive to add on top.

BFE6108E-A5CF-4C2A-B9BC-2B90421D258C.jpeg

Last edited:

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just picked up a Woolly Bear back in August - love it so far - it’s so nice not having to load/unload my tow vehicle every time I want to go camping. I might add that Kammock hammock stand to it next year. Now I just need my Bronco - pick that up this Saturday!

Adding a pic - I’ve got two awnings attached and am just waiting on my RTT to arrive to add on top.

Ford Bronco Camper + Hammock = Kammok BFE6108E-A5CF-4C2A-B9BC-2B90421D258C
how heavy is that dry?

what's the towing capacity of that jeep?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RoLyMa27

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Camper + Hammock = Kammok BFE6108E-A5CF-4C2A-B9BC-2B90421D258C
How does it behave when your pulling it?

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

how heavy is that dry?

what's the towing capacity of that jeep?
It’s just under 1200lb dry…1700lbs weight rating…so plenty of gear can go on that thing.
Jeep’s are rated for 3500lb towing.

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How does it behave when your pulling it?
It’s honestly like it’s not even there…it tracks nicely and use a lock n roll hitch rather than a typical ball hitch…so it’s much better for off roading.
Drove from Indiana to Houston to pick it up in August…then drove straight to Denver to get the awnings and RTT rack installed…then back to Indiana. Then in September I drove it out to Glacier National park and back…so I have driven about 7000 miles with it already. It tows nicely.

OP
OP
RoLyMa27

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s honestly like it’s not even there…it tracks nicely and use a lock n roll hitch rather than a typical ball hitch…so it’s much better for off roading.
Drove from Indiana to Houston to pick it up in August…then drove straight to Denver to get the awnings and RTT rack installed…then back to Indiana. Then in September I drove it out to Glacier National park and back…so I have driven about 7000 miles with it already. It tows nicely.
That's good!

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got my numbers wrong earlier - 1270lbs dry and 2100lbs GVWR….so 830lbs of cargo capacity.

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what's a lock n roll hitch? and since i dropped the tow package, any idea what I would need to facilitate something like this? thanks in advance

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

what's a lock n roll hitch? and since i dropped the tow package, any idea what I would need to facilitate something like this? thanks in advance
For the woolly Bear you’ll need a regular 2” receiver and a 7pin connector. I wasn’t able to get the tow package on my bronco so I had the dealership add the hitch receiver and then I’ll wait to install a 7pin trailer wiring harness whenever one becomes available.

this is a lock n roll hitch - it allows for more articulation for off roading.
Ford Bronco Camper + Hammock = Kammok Nd9GcQAOlwjVrc_rzgRTzPPZ3D6o8OVd9emH3v6Ug&usqp=CAU

https://locknroll.com/

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the woolly Bear you’ll need a regular 2” receiver and a 7pin connector. I wasn’t able to get the tow package on my bronco so I had the dealership add the hitch receiver and then I’ll wait to install a 7pin trailer wiring harness whenever one becomes available.

this is a lock n roll hitch - it allows for more articulation for off roading.
Ford Bronco Camper + Hammock = Kammok Nd9GcQAOlwjVrc_rzgRTzPPZ3D6o8OVd9emH3v6Ug&usqp=CAU

https://locknroll.com/
and let's say i wanted to put something on there to add a regular bike rack etc etc, a 2' receiver without a pin connector would be sufficient?

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

and let's say i wanted to put something on there to add a regular bike rack etc etc, a 2' receiver without a pin connector would be sufficient?
You have to have the 7pin connector to tow the trailer legally…the provides power to the left/right turn signals, brake lights, reverse light, trailer brakes, running lights, and 12V charger. If you want to bring bikes too there is an additional receiver on the back of the woolly Bear for things like that.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to have the 7pin connector to tow the trailer legally…the provides power to the left/right turn signals, brake lights, reverse light, trailer brakes, running lights, and 12V charger. If you want to bring bikes too there is an additional receiver on the back of the woolly Bear for things like that.
Understood. Thank you!
Sponsored