First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fun fact: Hilton Garden Inn has more leg space, plus a shower and they give a breakfast in the morning if you are Hilton Honors Member. If you get a 2-door instead of a 4-door, you will save $4700, enough for one night a month for almost 3 years.

Also, you can get a tent for $30, like I did. Fits in a tiny bag that you can permanently leave in your 2-door Bronco. And remember, that 2-door Bronco has rear cupholders!
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area Bronco_4D_Camping_05

That is a pretty sweet Bronco blanket though....

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if I missed it but does any one have depth measurement of 4 door cargo

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if I missed it but does any one have depth measurement of 4 door cargo
Dude. 6'6". Camping with measurements thread.

esgam

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX60
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mosquito Net? No one's sleeping outdoors with the top off without getting eaten alive! Lol.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I did my pros/cons list of the 2 and 4 doors, this was one of the only "pros" for the 4 door (for my personal use of it).

RTT for my 2 door eventually then
I'm going with a four door and getting an Ursa Minor tent roof replacement.

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope the 6 ft 6 inch length with tailgate closed is correct, but the only way I can see that is if the seats are not all the way forward in the photos. I'm skeptical, because if there is this much length, why did ford only post photos with the tailgate open and legs hanging out?
Same here, I really hope they mean it when they claim 6’6” of length with tailgate closed! I would love to not HAVE to keep my knees bent while trying to comfort camp as the Element barely has enough room for me to not have to when its seats are pushed all the way forward. Luckily Ellie’s seats also angle forward with headrests meeting the dashboard. We usually put a cheap $30 tent beside the Element for a nice changing room, but since our car setup is so comfy (and rainproof!), we almost always opt for car camping. Plus, we definitely have some less than shy black bears where we live as fellow Greenbriar River campers can attest to, so we keep the bear-attracting food in a large plastic locking trunk in the tent next door. The recent pic Mike Levine posted of AMB F-150 further cements our color choice and looks even better than expected! Done with black vehicles, especially for summer camping sleep. Nothing has awakened me quite like the blazing 8 AM July sun on the Greenbrier. Hoping AMB is not near as hot to sleep in as Honda’s black was.

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where are the head rests for the back seats? Don't they fold up and take up some space? Are they removable?

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where are the head rests for the back seats? Don't they fold up and take up some space? Are they removable?
If you watch video, they fold forward before seat back folds down. I too, hope they're removable

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I was going to buy something to sleep in,while on road trips and off road,and NOT rock climbing...I would by a Ford transit..3.5L ecoboost engine 310hp/410 lbs torq...AWD...10 sp A/T... It sleeps at least 6...flat floor... inside height is 6'6''...Some options are : interior upgrade pack...upfitter pack...power sliding door...modified vehicle wiring system...tinted glass...rear defroster...keyless entry pad...remote start...extended fuel tank...reverse back up system with camera...dual AGM batteries...16''aluminum wheels...ebony leather seats,with 10 way power for driver and pass...dual alternator...power outlet 110v/440w...power point,12v...vehicle security system...wheel lock kit...and last but not least..a portable fridge...all this for 59,273 before negotiations...specs--264" length x 83" width x 110" height...all for a couple thousand more than a 4 door WT...

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is the OBX interior... While the seats are deceivingly appealing, the dash that comes along with it is harsh.

Deceivingly being the key word. My lord they have blue stitching!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I despise tent camping because whenever I try and do so, there are 20+ MPH winds.
The right tent with the right guy lines will be just fine in 60mph winds. But, no, that won't be a $30 tent.?

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL! Forum decorum prohibits me from saying what's really on my mind regarding prospective buyers' expectations and Ford (or anyone's) ability to meet them!!! You do realize what you sound like??? I hope once you get out on the trail all this petty criticism and dashed expectations evaporate into pure bliss to capture the moment! Wrecking a beautiful weekend in the wilderness lamenting about your uncomfortable bent knees, or the poor aesthetic of a couple of rubber hoses not tidied to your expectations would truly be a waste of life.

Wake up tomorrow and choose to be happy! You and everyone around you will be so much better for your efforts! GOOD LUCK!
Sponsored