mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is just the rear cargo space depth ??
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And the good news is, with a Bronco I can get a nice big-ass tent to throw in the back and get out of the little 2-man dome I use on my motorcycles :)

Heck, maybe a proper camp chair and a cot!

Livin' the dream!
Recently upgraded to sleeping on a cot after years of airbeds. It's the first cot I ever found that I liked (not the first one that I bought).
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 20201113_184635

Next upgrade is one of the newfangled hydraulic rocking chairs.??

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not ideal but I’ve car camped several times in my Tiguan. It is pretty comfortable.

Window screens for ventilation and inventor to charge devices.

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 308BDBF1-2B13-4561-83BC-25B9D9FB2C69

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This guy knows how to Bronco
You know it! If you can pull off a threesome in a Ford Fiesta, you know how to party.

Sponsored

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Take it from someone who goes on multi day excursions. I'd only sleep back there if I had to, I wouldn't plan on camping trip sleeping in the back. The primary reason is that the back seats don't fold down flat. Ford likely calls that 'flat', but it isn't flat enough to be comfortable sleeping. And the whole space will more cramped than you think.

TexasBlaze

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since both of you were sleeping in the back where did you put all your gear and stuff?
Hello from southern WV! These measurements are very welcome news and I for one am extremely happy with the dimensions with the rear seats on the 4 door models folded down. Even if we do have to slide the driver and front passenger seats forward a bit, this space will provide plenty enough room for 2 average height adults to sleep comfortably. My wife 5'2" and myself 6'0" used to sleep just fine when we would camp in our 2003 Honda Element, which had less room than the 4 door Bronco. We would slide the driver and front passenger seats all the way to the dash and use a 4" thick foam mattress cut to fit, which was wonderful. Granted, the Element had a completely flat rubberized cargo floor (hello BD or BL!) and the rear seats on an Element could either be unhooked from the clasps and attached to the grab handles, or removed completely quite easily. (Look up how Element used to handle this to see for yourself). Hopefully it won't be too difficult to remove the rear seats on either 2 or 4 door models (think I saw in another thread they are attached by several torx bolts). Anyway, with all doors closed and Ellie's clamshell tailgate closed, we slept quite soundly, especially when we would have a typical summer Southern WV thunderstorm, which is almost a guarantee on 4th of July weekends on the banks of the Greenbrier River. Will post pics of our mobile camping weekend Hilton once I am posting from my phone instead of tablet. We are Beyond excited for our 4 Door non Squatched Badlands with the gray MGV to hopefully arrive in time to relive more camping adventures (hopefully can take delivery by June 21)!

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Take it from someone who goes on multi day excursions. I'd only sleep back there if I had to, I wouldn't plan on camping trip sleeping in the back. The primary reason is that the back seats don't fold down flat. Ford likely calls that 'flat', but it isn't flat enough to be comfortable sleeping. And the whole space will more cramped than you think.
It is flat when you add the pull out tailgate. It goes flush against the 2nd row when folded down

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is flat when you add the pull out tailgate. It goes flush against the 2nd row when folded down
that removes the couple inch gap but the rear seats don’t fold completely flat. Almost but they have a slight incline.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
that removes the couple inch gap but the rear seats don’t fold completely flat. Almost but they have a slight incline.
They did better with it than I thought they would. One pic doesn’t have tray but shows how flat the seats lay. Better than the Bronco sport.

785A861D-243A-43E5-9C16-4E0FDAF7CBAD.png

D40A0443-EAAF-4917-8373-9F06F9FCD2BD.png

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They did better with it than I thought they would. One pic doesn’t have tray but shows how flat the seats lay. Better than the Bronco sport.

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area D40A0443-EAAF-4917-8373-9F06F9FCD2BD

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area D40A0443-EAAF-4917-8373-9F06F9FCD2BD
How deep is that cargo space ?

JonChicago

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's press releases like this that have me really close to pulling my reservation. Ford wants me to buy this car pretty much sight unseen and then puts out info about dimensions and capabilities that is close to useless.

Ford: Publish a photo with dimensions on it! 2 door and 4 door, seats up and seats down and leave the models at home (I know I don't look that handsome and also know that a Bronco won't change that). They obviously know what the dimensions of the rear area are to the millimeter but choose to put out this release stating that a 6.5 foot tall person can lie in the back inline with the vehicle yet the photo shows people doing that and hanging a foot out the back. Supposedly the diagonal sleeping position is 7.5 feet tall and they show a photo of a very average height person with zero room to spare. Give an intern a tape measure, a half hour, along both versions and be done with it.

Members of this forum have done a vastly better job of figuring out and educating me on dimensions, colors, options and pricing than any of Ford's material.

The marketing department's seeming need to dribble out info in the least comprehensible way possible isn't helping me buy this vehicle, it's frustrating me and making me think I will wait until I can see and touch what I'm dropping $40k on.
Sponsored