Phosvitin

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota matrix and honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all, couldn't find if this was posted yet. There isn't a lot of new info here but there is two photos I don't think we have seen before. Not great photos, but might help give some people perspective on sleeping in the bronco.

Updated with official Ford press release:

All-New Bronco Four-Door SUV: Rugged Enough to Take Adventurers Further Into the Wild, Roomy Enough to Camp Inside
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area Bronco_4D_Camping_05

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 12, 2020 – Built to take adventures further, the all new Built Wild™ 2021 Bronco® four-door rugged SUV is designed to be the ultimate Bronco destination vehicle with ample room, smart features and accessories to haul outdoor gear inside and to comfortably sleep two when the day winds down.

“We spent a lot of time engaging in the outdoors with off-road enthusiasts and understood Bronco had to elevate the off-road camping experience with cleverness and comfort,” said Bill Mangan, Bronco chief interior designer. “So we made sure our four-door models could accommodate in-car camping and we followed it with best in class overall openness with the top removed so campers can enjoy spectacular nighttime views.”

Sleeping area large enough for the tallest campers

With a large rear cargo area in back, the rear sleeping area of all-new 2021 Bronco four-door SUV has more than 21-square feet and a maximum enclosed rear area length of 6 feet, 6 inches with the seats positioned forward and the rear seats folded down and 3 feet, 7 inches wide with 10 extra inches of elbow room in the door area. Extra tall campers, up to 7 feet, 6 inches tall, can stretch out a little more by moving the front seats forward and sleeping diagonally.

With the Bronco four-door optional slide-out tailgate that arrives late next year, sleeping comfort can be extended more than a foot in length to increase the diagonal length to 8 feet, 9 inches.

For unforgettable views of the stars and room for side-by-side sleeping bags, the Bronco four-door variety of tops available make open-air adventures quick and easy. From the retractable soft top to the available lightweight hard tops – all can be removed to reveal the 13.3 square foot open top – for the best-in-class second row and overall openness with the top removed.

Plenty of room for gear, too

If hauling outdoor gear is the priority, the 83 cubic-foot rear cargo area on the standard four-door soft top Bronco SUVs cargo area (77.6 cubic feet with optional hard top) offers more volume with the second-row seats folded down than the four-door Jeep Wrangler. Two-door Bronco models also offer a roomy rear cargo area with 52.3 cubic-foot rear cargo area with the second-row seats folded down and a maximum length of 46.1 inches.

There’s room for gear up top as well. When 2021 Bronco two- and four-door SUVs arrive at Ford dealerships next year, there will be more than 200 Ford licensed accessories available including Platform roof carriers and Heavy Duty (HD) two person tents by Yakima® to complete the outdoor experience. All can be specified when customers order their vehicles, be included in the vehicle financing and installed at the dealer.

“Bronco is designed to be more than just the rugged 4x4 that gets you there, but also the destination in itself,” Mangan said. “You can have fun all day running in the desert sands or crawling along rocky trails – and at the end of the day, it’s your base camp and place to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.”

Bronco_4D_Camping_01.jpg

Bronco_4D_Camping_02.jpg

Bronco_4D_Camping_03.jpg

Bronco_4D_Camping_04.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I did my pros/cons list of the 2 and 4 doors, this was one of the only "pros" for the 4 door (for my personal use of it).

RTT for my 2 door eventually then

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since this is a recent press release, what trim provides that sweet saddle leather on the rear doors?

Edit: I just noticed the sleeping bags and blanket with Marmot branding. Perhaps, this will be another concept that will be shown at the upcoming Arizona shindig?

Found the Thermos/cup/blanket on Amazon (scroll down to see all three).

Last edited:

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So when Ford said they were listening, they meant their PR folks were listening and would come up with a press release promising the Bronco can do what we want. To test this, I'm going to complain that it can't submerge completely so I can camp on the bottom of the ocean.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the final design? Just leave those tubes/wires dangle? Did they disconnect them from the roof and not from the side panel?
Also, shows how bad it will be to get to the bottle opener, will only be usable from the side of the vehicle, but be careful of the hoses and wires when you reach in...

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 1605272769054

Sponsored

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since this is a recent press release, what trim provides that sweet saddle leather on the rear doors?

Edit: I just noticed the sleeping bags and blanket with Marmot branding. Perhaps, this will be another concept that will be shown at the upcoming Arizona shindig?
That is the OBX interior... While the seats are deceivingly appealing, the dash that comes along with it is harsh.

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am wondering the same thing. Really digging the brown on black.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The ebony roast is growing on me. Afraid it will only look good with rapid red though.

Antimatter blue + ebony roast? and the stitching will pull out the blue?

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Body colored mirrors and flares makes me think it’s an OB. The interior looks like the fishing guide OB they showed at the employee events.

Sponsored

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I did my pros/cons list of the 2 and 4 doors, this was one of the only "pros" for the 4 door (for my personal use of it).
Easy fix for the 2 door... take ALL the seats out. I have a milk crate I'll be using as a driver seat while not in "camp mode"

YetiBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Found the Thermos/cup/blanket on Amazon (scroll down to see all three).
That is the Outer with Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Seats -- Roast with Black Onyx

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do the seats lie flat on the 4dr? I thought there was a 4" lip or something, which, and I could be wrong, might make sleeping awful uncomfortable.
No, they don't fold flat. You can see the optional fold out tailgate installed, which makes it flat.
Sponsored