First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea, to have the ability to either sleep inside or to use a clamshell type rooftop tent is a big plus for those that wander while exploring. It takes time to get an approved camping spot, find the location, assemble the tent, and then be stuck to that geographical area without having to double back and move again. Having the ability to pull over at a rest stop or anywhere along the trail and be set up to rest a few hours or to sleep in just a few minutes is nice. Close the clamshell up and continue exploring.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Go to 5:30 of this video:
Thanks! Maybe it's just me, doesn't look too bad, particularly against the silver of the dash. I just think that navy pier is going to look pretty cheap after a while.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well this most likely solidifies the 4dr for me. At 6’4” I can sleep inside on the occasional time I would want to. Also I can fit 6ft boards easily in the back for my DIY woodworking. And the few times I need 8ft boards I can slide them between the front seats. Can’t do either of those in the 2dr.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I expect the hoses and wires to be loose and dangling on the roof section, not the vehicle.
I get your point.
is there a technical constraint (or legal/regulatory?) we don’t see there as they are doing it the same way as Jeep has been doing it?

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the wires dangle or are they secured into a dummy socket?
Have you ever seen a Wrangler? That’s dangling!

But what do you expect? If you can connect/disconnect defroster and wiper to remove the top there must be hose and wires... otherwise Bronco Sport or Explorer will have neatly enclosed wires ??‍♂
i think this is good news that the vehicles might be preplumbed to accept the hardtop at the factory.

i'm also assuming those are dummy caps to be used when the hard top is not installed.

i'm thinking of just getting the soft top and waiting for the painted (white) mod top and was worried that if ordered soft top only, ford would minimize the build without provision for the sprayer et al.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, 2 people ain't sleeping in the back of that thing. May be able to get some other stuff taken care of, but sleep isn't going to happen. Look at her legs, they're stretched out past the end of the vehicle. Probably took 10 minutes to get him so his feet didn't hang off the end of the tray. As idyllic as it looks to camp in the back of an open vehicle, in many places, it's just not realistic to think you can.
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area Bronco_4D_Camping_01

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for sharing!
When that slide-out becomes available I think even the Squatch could get a good night sleep.
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 4999AC52-6586-406A-BE13-1D1B4556AAE4

Have a Great Friday/Weekend!

Sponsored

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, 2 people ain't sleeping in the back of that thing. May be able to get some other stuff taken care of, but sleep isn't going to happen. Look at her legs, they're stretched out past the end of the vehicle. Probably took 10 minutes to get him so his feet didn't hang off the end of the tray. As idyllic as it looks to camp in the back of an open vehicle, in many places, it's just not realistic to think you can.
Very valid point. I have done it on a couple of occasions in the back of my trailblazer, but guess what else you have when you go camping or to the great outdoors? A bunch of stuff! Cooler, gear, etc all of which needs to be moved out of the way, or likely is taking up all your space. Hence why a tent in my opinion is best.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've never slept in a car before and I hope to never have to.