Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's cool! Although really not sure why Ford marketing wouldn't include at least one photo of them laying normally, with the swing gate closed, and the front seats pushed all the way forward to give 6'6" length like they said. Really seems like when they went out for the photos it was with the pure goal of marketing the tailgate accessory instead of actual general camping using the stock build like the article was written for.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People actually do this? Sleeping in a car sucks, I don’t care what it is.

Leucadian

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People actually do this? Sleeping in a car sucks, I don’t care what it is.
Depends on the setup. I built a platform/drawer for my 4runner, and had a 4" mattress pad made to fit the space. Fits my wife and I, and I don't have to mess with a tent.

But, I wonder how "lie-flat" the rear seats actually are though. In most of the tailgate shots it looks like there's still a bit of an incline.

Either way, it's only a matter of time before sleeping platforms start showing up from the various aftermarket companies.

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What they are not showing you is how uncomfortable they are with that height difference.

Vince

Outer Banks
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM Gran Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve done the RTT thing, the GFC camper thing, and countless other camping gear solutions. For me, it’s damn hard to top a well made ground tent, big fat sleeping pad, fluffy down bag and a splash of rye. Sure I may sleep inside the Bronco now and then if I build or find a leveling solution but the slide out tailgate is not a big deal for me. I’d rather see what the aftermarket comes up with. Plus, what’s going on under the floor of the rear cargo area? I’d assume that’s where the bottle jack & such is located.

⚡?⚡
You make a good point. Now that I think about it more. Instead of a slide out tailgate, the aftermarket may produce something like slid out drawers taking using the same amount of space as the tailgate. This may be a better option for those wishing to overland. You would get the lift to match the folded down seats and storage at the same time. I realize storage would be limited to smaller items.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking that sleeping on the front seats reclined all the way back is going to be more comfortable in a pinch.
You can't get the reclining front seat, unless you purchase the 2.7, with Sasquatch package, and a 7-speed, manual. This will be a late delivery item, and it will hold up the build of your Bronco, until FOREVER (maybe longer)!!!

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look at the picture, the rea

Look at the picture, it's a 4 door Bronco with the rear seats folded down and their hands are up agains the front seats.

bronco_4d_camping_01-jpg.jpg

I did read it and that's all fine for a model that comes out late next year,

So another option that's not even going to be available order.
No need to quote me 3 times.

Not sure what you're trying to say with all those quotes.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My guess would be electrical connection for the wiper and hose connection for wiper fluid. Disconnected from the top of course...
Yes that what they are.My guess by the picture is that you can disconnect from the side panel as well if someone was bothered about them like that while top is removed.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know there is an issue with the dash as we have seen a shiny one and a dull textured one but I will say I think the Roast interior is going to end up being the best looking interior. Especially the cloth with the old school pleats in it. The end product dash will turn out fine, its just not there yet. Everything Ford is doing seems like its not quite finished. Black interior is hot and boring.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife and I slept in a Nissan Armada at a music festival due to last minute plan changes that prevented us from having a tent. We used an inflatable twin size air mattress and we were generally comfortable other than the bouncyness of the mattress which of course wasn't a size issue. The listed dimensions for the Armada vs Bronco are below. The Armada is a much larger vehicle than the Bronco and we did not need to push the seats forward. If I recall correctly we were able to fit our stuff forward of the inflatable bed in the cargo area still. Also the floor is actually flat in the Armada when everything's folded down. I feel like I remember the air mattress just squeezing in width wise so the manufacturer/marking dimensions should be taken with a grain of salt.

Armada
86" x 48"

Bronco
78" x 43"

Twin Size Bed
75" x 39"

It seems this set up should be possible on paper, but I have my doubts. The Bronco seats would need to be pushed all the way forward and then wouldn't you have air under you between the folded second row and the back of the first row? This of course could be filled with stuff, but clearly sleeping in the back of a Bronco will require some creative engineering on the part of the people camping and two would be a tight fit for sure.

I second the replies that mention bugs. In most places I've camped mosquitoes prevent the idea of sleeping with the top or swing gate open.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is the final design? Just leave those tubes/wires dangle? Did they disconnect them from the roof and not from the side panel?
Also, shows how bad it will be to get to the bottle opener, will only be usable from the side of the vehicle, but be careful of the hoses and wires when you reach in...

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area Overnight-Adventures-Fact-Sheet
I would say by the picture and the shape of the connector(push fit type my guess) they disconnect from the side panel so you can remve altogether if you want.

Bronco1951

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape / 2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ebony roast is growing on me. Afraid it will only look good with rapid red though.

Antimatter blue + ebony roast? and the stitching will pull out the blue?
And cyber orange.
Sponsored