First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think if you get the pull out tailgate to level the floor you could push seats all the way forward then lay against the tailgate with feet hanging over the edge towards the front seat.
Sponsored

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know the depth of the cargo space on the 4 door with the seats up? I feel like this is the first time I have seen the width spelled out (3'7").

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to throw in my $0.02

My wife and I routinely sleep in the back of our 4-door Wrangler JK. Not great, but with the front seats pushed forward it’s totally cromulent for a couple nights at the track.

According to these measurements, the rear of the bronco is larger than the JK.

Consider me stoked.

(Full disclosure: I’m 5’8”, she’s 5’5”)

Sponsored

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For tall/adult sized people this is still going to be tight since even their marketing pictures don't create an illusion of space (and I doubt their models are 7' tall). By my math, this is like 3" more length in back than a JLU and still isn't flat. I ONCE climbed in the back of mine to see if I could sleep back there by myself(let alone with my wife and/or dogs) and 'noped' out of there in under a minute.

Plus, where does your stuff go? Just more marketing fluff... people sleep in their Fiestas and Corollas at rest stops across the country each night but not so much because they have a choice.
For just one person it’s possible. Two or more — I doubt it.

BA219F37-6F18-4A1B-A02D-609617AC91E5.jpeg

A12C089A-CB35-49AC-ACE4-310D45748C94.jpeg

059B220D-7CF3-4D59-8EC7-D1D2BF7D36CA.jpeg

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You make a good point. Now that I think about it more. Instead of a slide out tailgate, the aftermarket may produce something like slid out drawers taking using the same amount of space as the tailgate. This may be a better option for those wishing to overland. You would get the lift to match the folded down seats and storage at the same time. I realize storage would be limited to smaller items.
Bingo. 100% my thoughts.

I’ve been through heavy mods and changes to build my truck into an expedition rig that is highly capable. I recently sold my GFC, put my Softopper back on and plan to order a RLD topper. With the Bronco I have no plans to make it into a expedition style camping rig. I’m more interested in wheeling and more simple camping trips. Trying to KISS I guess.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For just one person it’s possible. Two or more — I doubt it.

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 059B220D-7CF3-4D59-8EC7-D1D2BF7D36CA

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area 059B220D-7CF3-4D59-8EC7-D1D2BF7D36CA

Where did you pull those images from? I really like coverings over the back seat and cargo area.

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say by the picture and the shape of the connector(push fit type my guess) they disconnect from the side panel so you can remve altogether if you want.
No, the picture shows them in the stored location, and the wire&tubes run behind the side panel. So when you put the hard top on, you pull the wires/plugs from this location and plug them into the roof connections.

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you pull those images from? I really like coverings over the back seat and cargo area.
From my 2018 JKU. The seat covers I got from Amazon — SUNPIE 2X Front Seat Covers Case with 5 Pouches for 2007~2017 Jeep Wrangler 2 & 4 Door JK, Ram 1500 Multi-Pockets Organizer Storage Holder Protector. The floor coverings are the Goosegear sleeping platforms.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The floor coverings are the Goosegear sleeping platforms.
This is what I was looking for. Now, I have to decide on goose gear or the slide out tailgate. I'm leaning towards the goose gear.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Please help me out here. According to the article the maximum enclosed rear area length is 6 feet, 6 inches, but the photo shows the lady with her feet hanging out past the tailgate and her neck is crooked. Unless this woman is 7 ft tall, the enclosed space can't be 6 ft 6 inches. This is important to me because I have a model train locomotive I'm hoping to haul and its 6 ft 4 inches long. So I was happy to see the dimension, then saw the photos and something doesn't add up. Can someone tell me what the actual length is from the back of the front seat (seat all the way forward) and the tailgate door.
Sponsored