TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does this thread already exist? 🤷‍♂️ Anyway what gear do y'all recommend or like or wanna try?

Thinking about a lot of overlanding and camping trips with the Bronco and I'm looking at all kinds of stuff that I might wanna get like a canvas tent, maybe a rooftop tent (probably not), coolers, 2 way radios, recovery gear, tools, traction pads, storage bags, etc.

I just got this (might be a tight fit in the Bronco):
20210403_154706.jpg

Any good recommendations for anything?
Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that Igloo a powered cooler/refrig?
Hope so....
The ice versions (traditional coolers) are like slow water torture on your mind when overlanding. As the ice melts, it sloshes back and forth when overlanding on non-improved type roads... Power coolers are the way to go...

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is that Igloo a powered cooler/refrig?
Hope so....
The ice versions (traditional coolers) are like slow water torture on your mind when overlanding. As the ice melts, it sloshes back and forth when overlanding on non-improved type roads... Power coolers are the way to go...
It's not powered. Has a 4 day ice retention but I got that one more for weekend camping or lake & beach trips. I'm still looking into overlanding stuff. Never really been overlanding before so not sure what's best but it sounds like a good powered cooler is good. Any best brands? Or models

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not powered. Has a 4 day ice retention but I got that one more for weekend camping or lake & beach trips. I'm still looking into overlanding stuff. Never really been overlanding before so not sure what's best but it sounds like a good powered cooler is good. Any best brands? Or models
I was looking at a Helux since it has a battery built in, but don't think it would fit inline behind a single seat of the 4Door so went with a Setpower RV45 and a Bluetti AC50s powerstation.

The Setpower RV45 just showed up yesterday a little dinged up in shipping, but they provided a partial refund to compensate the cosmetic damage. I'm looking forward to trying out the combo on a camping trip at the end of the month. Until then it is a beer fridge next to my desk.

Setpower RV45 review by Ozark Overland Adventures

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought an iceco jp50 and assembled my own solar generator using a LiFePo4 battery as a covid project

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you plan on a weeklong overland trip, a fridge is great to have. I won't be able to do that for a while, so I'm looking into getting one of the really good coolers and use frozen water bottles as ice. No melting ice and extra water once it melts is good.
I also don't need to cook up some gourmet fantasy island dinner spread, I can live a couple days on bread and cheese and things that won't go bad so easily. Maybe some freeze dried backpacking meals. Or if I feel fancy bring a frozen steak or other frozen meat for the first two or three days (most of what I'll be able to do for a while). So a Yeti or similar cooler should be good enough.

Down the road I'm dreaming of a small off road trailer with a RTT and pull out kitchen. For now it'll be a small pop up tent or just sleeping in the back if I'm on a solo trip.

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Considering getting a canvas tent maybe a kodiak. Also thinking about getting one of those skottle grill things

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also thinking about getting one of those skottle grill things
Love those, but the price is silly. Any camping stove + cast iron pan will do the same and cost a lot less. And you don't always want to have a round "wok" bottom in a frying pan.

Still would buy it, but not at those prices.
Sponsored