First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, some are going to call me crazy- it’s ok, they’re probably right! I reserved a base 4 door, and have stayed that course. Until now? Two kids, wife, dog, etc. has mostly dictated the extra cargo room of a 4 door. Don’t really need Sasquatch, but for just about the same price I could go 2 door basesquatch.

I like the thought of all the upgraded components (and the factory warranty on them) more than the 35s. No rock crawling here, Silver Lake would probably be the most extreme I’ll get. Might even consider swapping from 35 to 33’s at delivery, unless any west mi folks want to trade?

I know y’all are going to say it’s a no-brainer, get the 2 door. But I guess I’m one of the odd balls, I actually prefer the look of the 4 door, especially with doors and roof off. The loss in cargo space can be replaced with adding a receiver and using our hitch cargo carrier, and the kids are old enough to climb in the back.

Anyone else having a similar dilemma?
Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep definitely same dilemma. I have 2 reservations- both OUTERBANKS. It’s just myself , husband and two small dogs. The kid is grown! Lol. I love the two door look more but we do a lot of camping. 90% of the time it’s just me in my vehicle. I would the extra space but really just love the retro vibes of the two door. You’re not alone in the debate!!!

Deleted member 15966

I guess the biggest question I have is whether or not you have another vehicle to accommodate the pets, family, etc. when you need to, or would the Bronco be THE family truckster? For me, I have no need for the 4 door as I have plenty of room in other rides when I need it. 99% of the time it's just me, or just me and the dog so 2 doors works perfectly. So much so that the backseat is out of my Jeep and won't go back in until I sell it.

If you'll need the Bronco to be able to do it all, the 4 door would be the best route to go. Only you can decide, so decide well and run with it, never looking back!!!

OP
OP
sliwa

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
whether or not you have another vehicle to accommodate the pets, family, etc.
Good point! Bronco is replacing a Focus, so I’m used to the limited space. Furthermore, the wife’s Explorer does the typical hauling duty’s, though future considerations on if she’ll get another suv or sedan will come into play.
This might truly come down to a coin flip...

Sponsored

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, some are going to call me crazy- it’s ok, they’re probably right! I reserved a base 4 door, and have stayed that course. Until now? Two kids, wife, dog, etc. has mostly dictated the extra cargo room of a 4 door. Don’t really need Sasquatch, but for just about the same price I could go 2 door basesquatch.

I like the thought of all the upgraded components (and the factory warranty on them) more than the 35s. No rock crawling here, Silver Lake would probably be the most extreme I’ll get. Might even consider swapping from 35 to 33’s at delivery, unless any west mi folks want to trade?

I know y’all are going to say it’s a no-brainer, get the 2 door. But I guess I’m one of the odd balls, I actually prefer the look of the 4 door, especially with doors and roof off. The loss in cargo space can be replaced with adding a receiver and using our hitch cargo carrier, and the kids are old enough to climb in the back.

I’m 2 door all the way!
I would buy what suited my needs 90% of the time.

The solution to your dilemma is in your last paragraph.
“But I guess I’m one of the odd balls, I actually prefer the look of the 4 door, especially with doors and roof off.”

Last edited:

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point! Bronco is replacing a Focus, so I’m used to the limited space. Furthermore, the wife’s Explorer does the typical hauling duty’s, though future considerations on if she’ll get another suv or sedan will come into play.
This might truly come down to a coin flip...
Get the 2DR now. Then replace the wife's Explorer with a Bronco Sport in the future. Best of both worlds. (That's my plan.)

That said, do what your heart tells you.

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's my personal opinion:
If you're having this big of a dilemma about getting the 2 or 4 door you're never going to be satisfied if you don't get the one that's pulling at your heart.

I have 5 kids, 2 dogs, and a wife. I'm getting the 2 door because it will be MY personal vehicle. I bought my wife a nice Suburban 2500 so we can haul the family and my trailers. She loves the suburban and it's practical, there's no need for another vehicle that can haul an entire army. I have been wanting a 1st gen bronco since I was 10 years old, when my wife and I watched the reveal she saw how much I loved it, saw how I looked like a 10 year old kid again watching the reveal. So she told me to buy one, and to get the exact one I want. She even tried to get me a fully loaded badlands 2 door. I settled on a Black Diamond, mid, sasquatch 2 door because it's exactly what I want. I COULD settle on a 4 door for the cargo space, but I would stare at every 2 door I see and wish I had gotten one. Get what will make you happy.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
im in a similar boat (bronco?), gf's car is a 2019 tiguan. We barely use the backseats in that to begin with. I dont use my truck for truck duties except for deer season (which assumes i actually get a deer which i havent in the past two years LOL), so the two door bronco is so much easier on the budget, looks better IMO, and should be a lot more fun with the manual. A deer will still fit in the back of a 2 door bronco, it seems like the perfect outdoorsman's vehicle

Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I don't need a 4dr but... I like the look better. I'm getting BL with MGV so apparently no option for auto seats. Those 2 reasons, but more so looks preference, have me choosing 4dr.

Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went back and forth also.
My heart said 2 door, my practical - stupid side said 4 door..
But I’m an empty nester and my big boy dogs have passed on.. so I went with the heart and plan on the 2 door. I think it’s the better looking of the two models but not by much..
Either way I don’t think you could go wrong with either choice..

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The loss in cargo space can be replaced with adding a receiver and using our hitch cargo carrier, and the kids are old enough to climb in the back.

Don't forget about the spare tire hanging off the back if you intend to use a cargo carrier.

Cholondo

Heritage
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chief Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have 3 kids and so I thought I would just sell my 4 door Wrangler and get a 4 door Bronco. Then I realized that my wife has a minivan, all of us are never in the Jeep, and the Jeep is paid off.... So, I'm going to keep the Wrangler and get the 2 door Bronco.. Best of both worlds I guess but I'll have to get used to having 2 vehicles since I've never done that before.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At one time the ultimate vacation vehicle. I remember crawling back and forth from the back storage area to the rear seat and sometimes when I was misbehaving, having to crawl up to the front seat while the car was moving and sitting between my parents in the front seat. I don't think we ever wore seat belts back in those days.
Sponsored