First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok, some are going to call me crazy- it’s ok, they’re probably right! I reserved a base 4 door, and have stayed that course. Until now? Two kids, wife, dog, etc. has mostly dictated the extra cargo room of a 4 door. Don’t really need Sasquatch, but for just about the same price I could go 2 door basesquatch.

I like the thought of all the upgraded components (and the factory warranty on them) more than the 35s. No rock crawling here, Silver Lake would probably be the most extreme I’ll get. Might even consider swapping from 35 to 33’s at delivery, unless any west mi folks want to trade?

I know y’all are going to say it’s a no-brainer, get the 2 door. But I guess I’m one of the odd balls, I actually prefer the look of the 4 door, especially with doors and roof off. The loss in cargo space can be replaced with adding a receiver and using our hitch cargo carrier, and the kids are old enough to climb in the back.

Anyone else having a similar dilemma?
Climbed into the back seat of my Mustang the other day. No way will I be getting a 2 door with all the child, dogs and camping etc.

I am fighting the squatch urge for my base 4 door. Lockers and the looks of those 35s are nice. I will probably just put 32s on the steelies and call it good with the $4800 difference still in the bank,
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, I need a 4 door so it's an easy decision. I have a child and really want the extra trunk space. For most people I think the decision comes down to:

Pros of the 2 Door
- It's cheaper
- It will be a little better off road because of the shorter wheelbase

Pros of the 4 door
- Its more practical for most people because of the extra room, doors, and cargo space
- It will drive a little better on the road because of the longer wheel base

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4 door keeps their value, go on kbb
raptor 2 door (half-cab) vs 4 door (crew-cab)
it will surprise you

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be going 4 door and I do not have kids, or dogs and this is only for off roading/camping. That extra cargo space to sleep in and pack gear for a week will be needed.

That being said, the 2 door looks so much better it is unreal.

Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Struggling with this so much. That's so much more room than in my friends' Wranglers I've seen, and definitely looks livable....but I know I would never hate having that extra room. But the $$ savings and the badass looks of the 2-door....

Another thing to consider is the lockable case/platform/structure thing in the back of the Overland Concept 4-door. My friend has that in his JKU and it's awesome having a lockable trunk with the top off. Not sure if it would work in the 2-door with the awkward angle of the seats.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone else plan on getting the two door and permanently removing the rear seats? I will eventually get a custom fab rollbar and layup a fiberglass top to go for the U14 half cab look. Will probably line the tub bed too. Going for this look but cyber orange with a white half cab top. I hope they put in a passenger airbag on/off switch so my kid can ride up front in their car seat, otherwise I’m bolting the car seat to the bed back there. My dad grew up riding in the front seat of my Grandpa’s ‘74 that I currently own, I grew up riding in the front seat of his ‘95 Eddie Bauer, and I’ll be damned if my kid doesn’t grow up in the front seat of a ‘21.
Ford Bronco Can’t decide- 2 or 4 door B7942083-97C0-44CA-AB5D-DA38157DDA8A

Ford Bronco Can’t decide- 2 or 4 door B7942083-97C0-44CA-AB5D-DA38157DDA8A

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve got 3 potential builds, and 2d vs 4d is still in question. I have to see a mannequin in person before I’m sure.

Blindturtle

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Can’t decide- 2 or 4 door 1606494362326

I think the decision is much easier if you plan to remove the back seats. If that is the case it makes the 2-door option a slam dunk imo. Wife and I with a couple of dogs do some light camping so the rig above, back seats removed, is our ideal set up. Dogs in back with some room and storage in the Thule up top. I think if you utilize the roof rack storage options you should be able to leave the back pretty much wide open when on the road. Also, it shouldn't take long for outfitters like Goose Gear to come up with some pretty sweet plate systems for the back --- or DIY. If you are not planning on removing the back seats, I agree the decision becomes much tougher. I guess I have found yet another benefit to not having kids :)
Sponsored