Sponsored

Can’t decide on color. Carb Gray, Iconic Silver or Shadow Black???

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ohhh all look fantastic! You’ve got a tough decision on your hands!!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well you are going from the Darkest possible choice to almost the lightest.

So I'd say pick the middle and go Carb!

Imo, black is a terrible choice. Carb is the best looking but you will see every little scratch and ding. Silver is "boring" but has nothing but Pros about it.

I'm a silver Bronco unless 2022 brings Spruce Silver.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like a dark gray and the subtle contrast between it and the black accents. It's more 'interesting' than all-black. But then of course my current ride is a Granite Crystal Metallic Jeep. The black seems too dark, and the silver too light.

Sponsored

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tough choice. Your preference... I've never had a black vehicle but heard they are hard to keep clean and they show scratches easily. I've had silver and carbonized grey vehicles. The silver looked great for years with little washing or waxing and hid scratches the best. The carbonized is pretty easy to keep clean but the scratches are easy to see. I'm getting the Antimatter Blue, it will be hard to keep clean and hide scratches but i like the color. If it was all about what would be easier to maintain id say iconic silver. Just my $0.02.

OP
OP
broncoSJ

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like carb gray but I see so many carb gray Jeeps. There’s two on my street. I looked at the F150 in Carb Gray and it has ALOT of metallic. Iconic silver is pretty boring and Black will get too dirty and doesn’t show the body lines. Maybe Levine will drop some FY22 colors this weekend. Not into Green. Hoping for a tan/sand or a flat gray (lead foot).

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I love black cars, always been my favorite. That being said, every black car I've owned caused me stress over keeping it clean and scratch free. The slightest swirling shows up very easily and if you're like me, it drives you nuts. Although, this is a Bronco, maybe you aren't worried about cosmetics that much and wear and tear will be a sign of fun! But in my opinion, I love the carbon grey out of those 3 colors, it looks great with the CG plastics and roof. Especially if you get the grey beauty rings on the wheels. I would get carb grey on my FE if it were an option!

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Black will be dirty forever - of the three I think Carbonized Gray looks the sharpest - particularly with the MIC top.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My last 4 cars were black. I love black cars. I don't buy into everyone else's hard to keep clean/ shows scratches easily. I mean they aren't wrong per se... Maybe it just hasn't ever bothered me personally.

That said, I'm not getting black on bronco. Not because of any of those reasons but I think the lack of contrast isn't great. The black on it just doesn't catch me eye like it does on most other vehicles.

I'm going carb grey. I think MIC will look pretty good with it but I like the contrast between it and the black bits. Planning on getting a black badge like the wildtrack and replacing trim badges with black script. I think it'll be fire.

But get to a dealership and scout all the colors out a few times and see what grabs you and go with that. Good luck, it's tough not seeing it in person on the car before buying for sure!

alivecchi003

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it depends on your model. A Badlands with the carb grey optional wheels, black hardtop, orange accents, and the carb grey grill looks great and is my planned build. I also like white with the same build.

If you’re going Black Diamond the carb grey would be my choice.

The interior of the Wildtrak doesn’t do it for me, but with that I actually like silver or A51 the best.
Sponsored