Sponsored

Can’t move reservation/order to another dealer?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was just browsing BN and someone posted he called Ford customer service to move his reservation to another dealer and was told very directly “no that is not allowed”. Was told to cancel reservation and order and reorder at another dealership. Contradicts what Levine said about moving to another dealer if you’re not happy. Who is right and who’s wrong? The CS rep or the public face of Ford?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw someone else posted something similar. Tried to delete but couldn’t. Admins feel free to delete!

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you have to wait until the 2022 order books open tomorrow.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the OP-

My goal this morning was to request a change of dealers. The answer was NO. Ford is not allowing any dealer transfers. When asked if that policy might change. The answer was also NO.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

early in the process after I placed my order I wanted to switch dealers. Mine is a small town dealer, not the recommended one, and got the same response from ford. Cancel the order and go to the new dealer and order it. They said I wouldn't lose my place in line but after this shit show i'm glad I stuck to my guns and stayed put....

Sponsored

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was just browsing BN and someone posted he called Ford customer service to move his reservation to another dealer and was told very directly “no that is not allowed”. Was told to cancel reservation and order and reorder at another dealership. Contradicts what Levine said about moving to another dealer if you’re not happy. Who is right and who’s wrong? The CS rep or the public face of Ford?
They probably stated the current policy, which, in theory, is still in effect. Mr Levine stated the new policy which, in theory, is not yet in effect until the ordering system opens -IMO.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're gonna need more than a "dealer said" before B6G goes full blast about this. Wait until MY22 (tomorrow).

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no point figuring out the policy today. Even if Levine and Ford communications were on the same page, there is no guarantee what the policy will be tomorrow.

Apparently Levine believes we are going to be calling dozes of dealers and those dealers are going to give us their allocations, figure out where we would be in line, and guarantee a price so we can make an informed decision. That idea alone shows nobody has thought this through.

I would not be surprised if the official stance tomorrow is no changing dealers if your Order has been submitted. It would be the easiest path for Ford.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're gonna need more than a "dealer said" before B6G goes full blast about this. Wait until MY22 (tomorrow).
Well technically this isn’t “a dealer said”. It’s “Ford customer service said”.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well technically this isn’t “a dealer said”. It’s “Ford customer service said”.
True enough. Has about the same track record though. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m really hoping for everyone that their CS reps just haven’t been given the memo for tomorrow and are just following pre-22 order banks rules. We’ll find out soon enough I guess.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From this thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-no-one-said-it-was-going-to-be-easy.25052/

3. Find Another Bronco Dealer – I have confirmed that Ford will allow transferring of reservations/orders. We have heard of ADM horror stories, but there are other dealerships who are treating customers right. While they may not match our discounted pricing, you can make some calls/send some emails to other dealers and see where they stand. If you choose to transfer, you’ll need to call Ford’s customer service line at 1(800)392-3673 and request a transfer.
I agree that this seems like something that will be implemented once MY22 opens up... and I'm not at all surprised to hear customer service didn't have the latest insider info before something was publicly or widely announced.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This has been all I’ve posted about for days but if I’m locked into one dealership and I’m 2 years out there is something fundamentally flawed about this situation. People move, and I think many of us want the price lock we have and not losing our slot. Couple that with allocation issues and I don’t know what the hell to do. I’m getting frustrated in a way that I’m almost embarrassed. I don’t get this mad over a “thing” but what a fucking mess.

I’m on hold again now. I’m going to fight upstream until I can get help. I don’t care if I’m a one off single scenario but I’m going to fight to make this happen.
I will be watching this thread . The Ford customer service people on the phone they're in for a war with a lot of reservation holder's if they're going to be defiant.

Technically starting tomorrow if you don't have a VIN number, you have to place a new order for a 22 . And at that point we should be able to move to a different dealership .

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has made some dumb decisions with this rollout, but there have also been plenty of times when this forum braced for something dumb and Ford did the right thing instead. It's not worth flipping out about... yet.
Sponsored