Sponsored

Can’t think of a blessed aux switch item that I want/need - novelty of aux switches still worth it?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Didn’t realize it deleted that. Sadly, You’re probably right. But there’s nothing badass about sun glass holder. All I know is if I were buying any other suv/truck and this was offered as an option, I would just get it for $195
There's also nothing bad-ass about driving an off-road focused rig on the turnpike in rush hour traffic to and from work every day.

Unless you're wearing some bad-ass sunglasses with the roof off, trying super hard to look cool and avoid eye contact with everyone so you don't get shot, wait, is that a cute blonde up ahead?

Okay, trying to keep on topic for a thread that's as quizzical as it is worthless, You can use the switches to have under-vehicle LED lighting and interior strobe lights hard-wired in. Won't be visible from outside and when you turn them on, sit back and collect chicks phone numbers!
Sponsored

HankG13

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Subaru WRX, 1990 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Didn’t realize it deleted that. Sadly, You’re probably right. But there’s nothing badass about sun glass holder. All I know is if I were buying any other suv/truck and this was offered as an option, I would just get it for $195
A sunglass holder doubles as a taco holster for all those Taco Tuesdays ??‍♂

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For you suckers that are getting the Aux switches, bet you can't do this:

Ford Bronco Can’t think of a blessed aux switch item that I want/need - novelty of aux switches still worth it? 131891021_1522985497905799_3059780728690830853_n

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've decided to not finance anything I can easily install myself and buy aftermarket. Things like roof racks and bike carries, ect.

Not paying interest for the next 5 years on floor liners. I'll pay the $160 separately and toss them in the car myself.

6 aux switches pre-wired integrated into the interior is not something I can easily get aftermarket so $195 is pretty cheap and a no brainier in my mind.

I don't know if I'll use them but I'll have them if I need them.
This guy gets it! If it's like my F250 then each switch gets its own fuse and relay. There are even 4 "pass-through" wires already run through the firewall if you need to go into the engine bay so hopefully Bronco gets those too. I've ripped out enough sketchy previous owner wiring to know Ford is doing the world a service by offering these types of switches ;)

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One not sure what number yet will be for an ignition kill switch just in case some A-Hole tries to steal it ?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe this sounds silly, but I have no plans on getting pod lighting or any other lighting. I actually very much dislike the look of pod lights and prefer the clean front end. Maybe Possibly fog lights if I could find a way to discretely incorporate behind an opening in a steel bumper option on OBX.

So I really can’t think of anything I would actually connect to it. But love the novelty of having a bank of switches if it’s only 200 bucks and I know it will take a very long time to get them installed at a later date and will probably cost more. Im hard pressed to not get it now at that price. Plus I’ll probably get most of that back in resale.

anyone else in the same camp? What creative things might I be missing that can be hooked up to it? I don’t plan on really going off-roading and dislike the pod lights (whether mounted to the bumper or cowl) and dislike underbody lights. So if no lights, then what?

please no stupid jokes like oil slicks and ejecting seats. Are there any real items that I should be thinking about so I don’t have a blank set of switches for perpetuity?
You found a use and stated it in the first paragraph. Baja Designs showed a light kit that will fit the modular bumper. At $200, I think it's worth it.

4D-Beach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Badlands 4dr st 2.3l 7mt mid ppf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Front: Driving lights
Rear: Fog lights (that’s right)
Under hood: Engine bay lights
Interior: Chandelier (joke [sort of{I know it’s popular in some parts of LA}])

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Front: Driving lights
Rear: Fog lights (that’s right)
Under hood: Engine bay lights
Interior: Chandelier (joke [sort of{I know it’s popular in some parts of LA}])
Interesting about the rear fog lights. Any name of mfger or photos for rear fogs that would fit the Bronco?

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I decided to add the switches to anticipate things I currently can’t think of or don’t think I want but may decide to add later. The cost to add the switches now is cheap compared the total cost to buy the Bronco and likely a lot less messy than trying to add something later when you realize you need them. I am looking to upgrade the base sound system to start but I’m sure other things may arise.

Sponsored

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe this sounds silly, but I have no plans on getting pod lighting or any other lighting. I actually very much dislike the look of pod lights and prefer the clean front end. Maybe Possibly fog lights if I could find a way to discretely incorporate behind an opening in a steel bumper option on OBX.

So I really can’t think of anything I would actually connect to it. But love the novelty of having a bank of switches if it’s only 200 bucks and I know it will take a very long time to get them installed at a later date and will probably cost more. Im hard pressed to not get it now at that price. Plus I’ll probably get most of that back in resale.

anyone else in the same camp? What creative things might I be missing that can be hooked up to it? I don’t plan on really going off-roading and dislike the pod lights (whether mounted to the bumper or cowl) and dislike underbody lights. So if no lights, then what?

please no stupid jokes like oil slicks and ejecting seats. Are there any real items that I should be thinking about so I don’t have a blank set of switches for perpetuity?
If you're not going to use, them, don't buy them. I'm in the same boat. IF you do get the switches, you lose the sunglass holder. It's one or the other.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll add it for the next owner.
My thoughts exactly. A good friend here @AzScorpion advised adding them, and I was thinking what can I use them for. Then I thought, what the hell, it's better to have them and not need them than the other way 'round. In the big scheme of things what's another 195 bucks added to $45,000. And, if I never use them the second owner may. Also, if nothing else, I can have fun making things up when asked "what are those switches for"? :)

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roof Light Bar
Winch power relay
On board Air compressor
Rock lights
Alley pod lights
Rear LED flood lights

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts exactly. A good friend here @AzScorpion advised adding them, and I was thinking what can I use them for. Then I thought, what the hell, it's better to have them and not need them than the other way 'round. In the big scheme of things what's another 195 bucks added to $45,000. And, if I never use them the second owner may. Also, if nothing else, I can have fun making things up when asked "what are those switches for"? :)
Tell them you're training to be an astronaut. ?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't think of an immediate need, either, but I know that if I don't get them, I'll end up thinking of something later and completely regretting cheaping out over $200 on a $50K car.
Sponsored