Can 3 seats come out and can i sleep inside?

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
I'm hoping I can pull the 3 seats out of a 4 door so I can pack up my mining equipment and then sleep inside on desert trips with my club . I'm 6"5
Anyone know about this ?

Advertisement

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
I'm hoping I can pull the 3 seats out of a 4 door so I can pack up my mining equipment and then sleep inside on desert trips with my club . I'm 6"5
Anyone know about this ?
A ford rep said they won't be removable but we'll see about that. My guess is that means they won't have a quick disconnect

Beach_Bum

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Clubs

The seats won't have a quick disconnect as mentioned. Can you remove bolts? Then you can remove the seats. Then you will have to level out the area with the cargo. Goose Gear makes plate systems for such a need. Even still, at 6'5", you may not be too comfortable.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 14 Ford Fusion, 05 Volvo V70R
Clubs

You should be ok in the fetal position. At 6'5" i don't think it's happening. Looking at all of the measurements, I'm betting it's about 5' from the rear gate to the back of the front seats. Hopefully im wrong though.

L8apex

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST
I don't like those especially on windy nites that are cold .
I’d look at internally hanging a hammock. Quite a few overlanders do this! Could even get away with not removing the seats and just folding them down.

Quick search on mobile found this product for Jeep

E4296429-4524-4F6B-8BD7-4E957F8063F2.jpeg

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r
there's quite a few cool videos on youtube on setting up sleeping platforms in many a subaru and other SUV type vehicles, although the tallest person i've seen in one was under 6 foot.

do you fit inside an RTT?

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect
A ford rep said they won't be removable but we'll see about that. My guess is that means they won't have a quick disconnect
figuring they were not there until they were, what goes in,,, can come out. maybe not quickly and cleanly.

BroncoChicken

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
You should be ok in the fetal position. At 6'5" i don't think it's happening. Looking at all of the measurements, I'm betting it's about 5' from the rear gate to the back of the front seats. Hopefully im wrong though.
It’s closer to 6’ based on the one I measured. A little longer if you scoot the front seat forward of the driving position.

Advertisement

Advertisement