Sponsored

Can 3 seats come out and can i sleep inside?

OP
OP
H - 2 CHARLIE

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would need the front passenger seat removed as well as the two rear . I do mostly overniters but some time 2 days . I'm using a 1998 F 150 with a 6 foot bed and shell now and I'm the original owner. I don't do tents anymore ever . I'm sure the seats should be able to go in and out pretty easy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
H - 2 CHARLIE

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Made of leather with a pee bottle so you don't break your neck going wee wee in the middle of the night .
PASS ON THE TENT BS .

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you don't want a RTT, then consider an offroad RV trailer. For tall folks, you'd have to be selective on which ones because most are a little snug. If not, then a long bed 4x4 truck is probably a better option.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Recently removed the driver seat from my BRZ. My son left the window down in a rain storm, and I had to dry out the underside of the carpet. :mad:

Anyway, was fairly easy to remove. Just 4 easy access bolts (requiring in this case special torque socket). And then unplugged the cabling for: heated seat, driver occupancy sensor, air bag. (So a newer car requires disconnect of battery before front seat removal.) Maybe 15 minute job all told? I bet the new Bronco seats and especially the rear, will be fairly easy.

The rear seats of my CJ and Wrangler, could be removed easily by pulling a cotter pin or c-clip. The remaining seat brackets, required a socket wrench. Keep those floor bolts well lubed with anti-seize, or you could be in a world of hurt as time goes by (nightmare removing once corroded).

Also from the little I saw of the new Bronco 2-door interior, looks like if the rear seat floor brackets are also removed, you will be looking at a flat rear cargo area.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm hoping I can pull the 3 seats out of a 4 door so I can pack up my mining equipment and then sleep inside on desert trips with my club . I'm 6"5
Anyone know about this ?
My guess is four torx (probably T50) bolts a connector or two for the front passenger seat airbag, and you're in there. Rear seats will likely NOT be as easy. As a precaution, I always disconnect the battery before dicking around with airbags, then re-connect the battery afterwards. Good luck.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hope you're joking about the torch......

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can take the seats out of just about any truck, but there still will be mounting points and the floor will be lumpy, so you will probably have to put something there to make it perfectly flat.

Sponsored

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Perhaps this would be more suitable for your needs... :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note...I had similar thoughts about sleeping inside but after seeing one in person I don't think that's going to be a very viable option (especially with any type of gear) If you want a good perspective on size, go look at a 4 door Wrangler...they are very close.

Ford Bronco Can 3 seats come out and can i sleep inside? unimog-6-wheeler

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’d look at internally hanging a hammock. Quite a few overlanders do this! Could even get away with not removing the seats and just folding them down.

Quick search on mobile found this product for Jeep

Ford Bronco Can 3 seats come out and can i sleep inside? unimog-6-wheeler
The best rest I had during my deployment in Iraq was when I slept in between the ribs of the roof on the canvas, which was the same thing.

I think there's enough space though to level and cut out a 4" pad to fit the whole cargo area and back seat area.
Sponsored